Nothing to keep us there anymore (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If you took that to mean you that’s on you. That’s literally all I posted to start this shit storm off so it’s almost like the argument doesn’t matter just who it comes from ;)

It wasn't, it was your usual pattern of claiming everything is people making up a conspiracy even though it turns out you don't actually know much about it yourself.

edgy

"How dare you insult me, you fucking bellend."

"Stop being childish, you nincompoop fart face"

Liquid Gold

yawn

Do you really think this level of argument holds any water outside of a primary school playground?
That's what you first posted on this thread today. Not exactly the level of maturity and gravitas you thought?

The indemnity wasn't mentioned until I picked it up a few posts later.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
NEWS: Statement issued by Coventry City Owners SISU following groundshare announcement
"As previously reported, Wasps insisted SISU sign a legal undertaking before they would participate in discussions with CCFC. SISU signed this undertaking in April to irrevocably cease all proceedings against Wasps relating to the sale and lease of the Ricoh Arena. Wasps then entered into commercial discussions with CCFC to allow the Club to continue to play for a limited time; however, not the five years we wanted.
Following agreement on commercials, Wasps demanded a further agreement to be signed both by the Football Club and SISU. This agreement introduced conditions that would unreasonably restrict the Club and SISU’s basic legal rights and would commit the Club and SISU to underwrite Wasps’ costs and any future damages. This would put the Football Club at great risk and jeopardise its future and in so doing, undermine the hard-work and success the Club has achieved over the past few seasons.
Importantly, we were willing to provide an indemnity to confirm we have acted in good faith to the extent Wasps were willing to provide the same; they would not agree to such a clause."

Some clues in there Pete. We know that Wasps continued negotiations when they became aware of the EC complaint and that they agreed on commercials, so could the length of the deal have ended things? Also the last sentence intrigues me, not sure what that means.

Sky Blue Pete

NEWS: Statement issued by Coventry City Owners SISU following groundshare announcement
"As previously reported, Wasps insisted SISU sign a legal undertaking before they would participate in discussions with CCFC. SISU signed this undertaking in April to irrevocably cease all proceedings against Wasps relating to the sale and lease of the Ricoh Arena. Wasps then entered into commercial discussions with CCFC to allow the Club to continue to play for a limited time; however, not the five years we wanted.
Following agreement on commercials, Wasps demanded a further agreement to be signed both by the Football Club and SISU. This agreement introduced conditions that would unreasonably restrict the Club and SISU’s basic legal rights and would commit the Club and SISU to underwrite Wasps’ costs and any future damages. This would put the Football Club at great risk and jeopardise its future and in so doing, undermine the hard-work and success the Club has achieved over the past few seasons.
Importantly, we were willing to provide an indemnity to confirm we have acted in good faith to the extent Wasps were willing to provide the same; they would not agree to such a clause."

Some clues in there Pete. We know that Wasps continued negotiations when they became aware of the EC complaint and that they agreed on commercials, so could the length of the deal have ended things? Also the last sentence intrigues me, not sure what that means.
Yours and nicks contributions are very useful indeed there. Don’t know how you have them at your fingertips

Sky Blue Pete

Usskyblue this is what needs quoting tonight. Start about the football obviously and how great mark and the team are doing and the fans supporting from near and far. Encourage everyone to get up and when he relaxes wham

use the paragraph here and ask bit which Stuart things is ambiguous or open to interpretation. You could throw in an acknowledgment that Sisu haven’t always done the right thing but this hasn’t been countered by anyone so there’s an assumption it’s true. Has cwr or anyone in the local media challenged wasps with this? And if not why not

Sky Blue Pete

We need shmmee and others with nuanced opinions to the majority on here to stop it becoming an echo chamber. Careful everyone

PurpleBin

@billingham15 new Twitter user. Dont know how to screenshot onto here. First post is about here. Made up account?

Nick

Administrator
@billingham15 new Twitter user. Dont know how to screenshot onto here. First post is about here. Made up account?

Isn't he still in Walsh's pocket? Think he would have better things to do planning what to spend his cut f his transfer fee on.

There are a few new accounts strangely firing up ;)

Skyblueweeman

If it’s the same ridiculous deal they presented to Anderson then I’m sure there are a lot of issues around it

One big issue id guess is the naming rights deal wasps have lined up and it seems can’t be signed unless the club is back so I’d guess the club want it’s share

Has that been confirmed publicly as a sticking point? That a new stadium naming rights partner will only proceed if we're playing back at the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator

If I was a betting man, judging by the accounts he has chosen to follow straight away he's clearly going to try and push something.

followers.PNG

Grendel

Just beat me to it.

Surely he can’t be another Kalns account that bloke has more accounts than Southend has points

NortonSkyBlue

Write a letter? Phone call? Email? We are in the communication age mate.

And I answered you. I think it’s sensible for any owner to build good relationships with the only stadium owner in town. I think it’s rather Fucking stupid to destroy the relationship with your sole supplier before sourcing alternatives. That’s been my issue with Sisu all along, tactically they’re a mess.
Whatever the circumstances you can't say Shmmeee is wrong about that !!!

MalcSB

I would guess it means that Wasps know that they may not have acted in good faith and are worried that they may be found out.

oldfiver

If true, presumably you are suggesting that the council didn’t act in good faith either. But can’t someone act in good faith irrespective of what others do?

WASPs acted in a manner to get them a deal best for them

But you said they may not have acted in good faith etc

CCC were responsible for greeing the sale , settling the terms and price. They also had a duty of care to comply with the law and get the best for the Coventry exchequer.

So if it is found that CCC failed in those duties, I would assume WASPS would have no problems unless they were complicit in the terms of the default.

WASPs have said they have given certain indemnities to CCC relating to the sale. If that is correct the question must be "why?". Did they foresee the potential of the deal coming under scrutiny

MalcSB

WASPs acted in a manner to get them a deal best for them

But you said they may not have acted in good faith etc

CCC were responsible for greeing the sale , settling the terms and price. They also had a duty of care to comply with the law and get the best for the Coventry exchequer.

So if it is found that CCC failed in those duties, I would assume WASPS would have no problems unless they were complicit in the terms of the default.

WASPs have said they have given certain indemnities to CCC relating to the sale. If that is correct the question must be "why?". Did they foresee the potential of the deal coming under scrutiny
Possibly. There’s that old piece of advice - if it seems to be to good to be true, it’s probably iffy.

Liquid Gold

Take a read of this.
I have a feeling that there are a few surprises left yet in this saga.

ignore the usual patronising by London Wasps fans and take a look at what they’re saying.

DrunkenWasps.com - How is this for a scenario?
"CVC money will give us 2 years of cash against the losses." That money is supposed to be ring fenced for infrastructure and specifically not covering losses or paying back debts. Normal rules don't apply to the scum though.

"However we cannot offer them a deal like last time, it HAS to be agreeable to them, but also markedly profitable to us". Our existence as a tenant to them will only drain resources from our club.

Grendel

Take a read of this.
I have a feeling that there are a few surprises left yet in this saga.

ignore the usual patronising by London Wasps fans and take a look at what they’re saying.

DrunkenWasps.com - How is this for a scenario?

The Kent Wasp guy is fairly level headed and can see the car crash that’s happening

The worst are the Coventry lot - look at Al and Steve

Shuggs is their Magwith

Ring Of Steel

It does sound like Wasps have gone all Peter Ridsdale, and its in the process of all crashing down. They 'took a punt' and its unravelling more by the day.

Thats what I mean- its not all just about our future, its theirs too, there is an argument to say that they could shortly be in a worse mess than us.

Nick

Administrator
The Kent Wasp guy is fairly level headed and can see the car crash that’s happening

The worst are the Coventry lot - look at Al and Steve

Shuggs is their Magwith

Some of them are so deluded and misinformed it's a bit cringeworthy.

We say about some of our fans not having a clue but some of them are so far wide of the mark.

Ring Of Steel

Some of them are so deluded and misinformed it's a bit cringeworthy.

We say about some of our fans not having a clue but some of them are so far wide of the mark.

Thats what happens with a franchise club- all bandwagon & arrogance, zero acceptance of reality.

Reactions: vow

Liquid Gold

One of the Cov ones saying they regularly got 28k there, the older fans saying that never happened. The Cov ones blame Les Reid.

I hope when they go bust and we eventually make it back to the top the cunts that abandoned us for Wasps don't come back.

Grendel

One of the Cov ones saying they regularly got 28k there, the older fans saying that never happened. The Cov ones blame Les Reid.

I hope when they go bust and we eventually make it back to the top the cunts that abandoned us for Wasps don't come back.

Al and Steve a pair of clowns

Users who are viewing this thread