Nothing to keep us there anymore (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Would we be playing in Cov now if Sisu hadn't made the complaint? - Probably
Would we be playing in Cov now if Wasps hadn't insisted on indemnity? - Probably

Can Sisu withdraw the complaint? - No
Can Wasps withdraw the indemnity? - Yes

Hate Sisu as much as you like but our route back to Cov is through Wasps not Sisu.

Wasps should withdraw the indemnity, but read between the lines on both sides and it’s clear that’s not the only issue. As I say I’d guess Wasps want future legals stopped and Sisu are refusing. Why Wasps gave them the PR win of the indemnity is beyond me. Best guess is they were saying “either drop it or indemnify is so we can get finance”.

If you think the indemnity is all that’s holding up negotiations you are beyond credulous.

Liquid Gold

Wasps should withdraw the indemnity, but read between the lines on both sides and it’s clear that’s not the only issue. As I say I’d guess Wasps want future legals stopped and Sisu are refusing. Why Wasps gave them the PR win of the indemnity is beyond me. Best guess is they were saying “either drop it or indemnify is so we can get finance”.

If you think the indemnity is all that’s holding up negotiations you are beyond credulous.
So lets work on getting the indemnity withdrawn and challenge the next hurdle when it comes up. Trying to work out what the bigger picture answer is has got us the square root of fuck all so far.

What is your suggestion?

shmmeee

So lets work on getting the indemnity withdrawn and challenge the next hurdle when it comes up. Trying to work out what the bigger picture answer is has got us the square root of fuck all so far.

What is your suggestion?

100% agree. But what we should be doing wasn’t what was being discussed.

My suggestion is the same as it’s been for years: there’s not much we can actually do, it’s down to two hedge funds to grow up. Enjoy the football.

Grendel

My suggestion is the same as it’s been for years: there’s not much we can actually do, it’s down to two hedge funds to grow up. Enjoy the football.

Wasps want to use the opportunity to get a new owner whose already agreed a 10 year deal at the Ricoh

Garryb80

City sent a letter confirming no further legals. What more do they want?

Nick

Administrator
Wasps want to use the opportunity to get a new owner whose already agreed a 10 year deal at the Ricoh

Yeah but thats all just a conspiracy isn't it. Regardless of Wasps being involved with the Hoffman consortium causing Overson to leave. ;)

Same as the whole Haskell thing was made up.

Nick

Administrator

Erm, it was agreed they would be stopped?

You are hazarding wrong guesses about things that actually happened yet you still claim conspiracies to everything?

Liquid Gold

Again, if you believe that stop getting involved in these threads.

shmmeee

Erm, it was agreed they would be stopped?

You are hazarding wrong guesses about things that actually happened yet you still claim conspiracies to everything?

Then why won’t Sisu ask for it to be forgotten? Why did they complain about their legal rights? And why did they put the complaint in on the first place?

Do you have proof my guesses are wrong or is that just your guess?

I’ll ask again, what’s your hypothesis? Are you on Grendels “they want new owners” theory? How would that work exactly?

Nick

Administrator
And how will they force a sale exactly?

Maybe they could put a condition on doing a deal that they know would never happen to try and force them to give the club up.

Have a look back through the timeline.

You had people close to them getting themselves excited that the club wouldn't be able to file accounts because of it.

Then it was the shouting at the EFL to not allow a move / remove the golden share.

As I pointed out months ago, not much different to the Haskell scenario.

shmmeee

Maybe they could put a condition on doing a deal that they know would never happen to try and force them to give the club up.

Have a look back through the timeline.

You had people close to them getting themselves excited that the club wouldn't be able to file accounts because of it.

Then it was the shouting at the EFL to not allow a move / remove the golden share.

As I pointed out months ago, not much different to the Haskell scenario.

How did the Haskell scenario work out? Do we have new owners? Why would Joy sell?

Nick

Administrator
Then why won’t Sisu ask for it to be forgotten? Why did they complain about their legal rights? And why did they put the complaint in on the first place?

Do you have proof my guesses are wrong or is that just your guess?

I’ll ask again, what’s your hypothesis? Are you on Grendels “they want new owners” theory? How would that work exactly?

Because it can't be dropped. You do know that don't you?

Yes, both SISU and CCFC said there was an agreement for no future legals and Wasps obviously agreed as they were in talks in which they said that was a pre-requisite.

Nick

Administrator
How did the Haskell scenario work out? Do we have new owners? Why would Joy sell?

It backfired, didn't it? You probably know more than most about that one.

Don't you find it strange that Wasps were working with Haskell's consortium? Is that just a conspiracy too?

shmmeee

Because it can't be dropped. You do know that don't you?

Yes, both SISU and CCFC said there was an agreement for no future legals and Wasps obviously agreed as they were in talks in which they said that was a pre-requisite.

If it can’t be dropped what’s the harm in asking? Nothing will happen right? Easy PR win for Sisu.

shmmeee

It backfired, didn't it? You probably know more than most about that one.

Don't you find it strange that Wasps were working with Haskell's consortium? Is that just a conspiracy too?

giphy.gif

Do I find it strange that someone wanting to buy the club tried to forge a relationship with the owner of the only suitable stadium in the city? Not really. I find it stranger the actual owners are intent on burning all relationships TBH.

Nick

Administrator
If it can’t be dropped what’s the harm in asking? Nothing will happen right? Easy PR win for Sisu.

Strange, both CJ and Linnell were the ones who came up with the "ask for it to be forgotten line" after they had spoken to Wasps. Both know full well it can't be dropped and wouldn't make a difference.

Again, your memory seems to be lacking half of each story all of the time and you miss out things that have actually happened.

Grendel

And how will they force a sale exactly?

By what they are doing - in two years the club will not exist unless it moves back - it’s a pretty transparent strategy

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Do I find it strange that someone wanting to buy the club tried to forge a relationship with the owner of the only suitable stadium in the city? Not really. I find it stranger the actual owners are intent on burning all relationships TBH.

You would think Overson would understand that though and not be pissed off and leave the consortium?

Again, you seem to keep ignoring certain facts to make theories up that have already actually happened differently yet you bang on about conspiracies all the time.

shmmeee

Strange, both CJ and Linnell were the ones who came up with the "ask for it to be forgotten line" after they had spoken to Wasps. Both know full well it can't be dropped and wouldn't make a difference.

Again, your memory seems to be lacking half of each story all of the time and you miss out things that have actually happened.

What’s strange about that? Everyone who has spoken to Wasps comes back with the answer Wasps are giving! Shocker!!

Answer the question, if it can’t be withdrawn why don’t Sisu just ask anyway? Ping the ball back to Wasps?

Go on, try and answer a straight question and not get sidetracked into personal attacks on people.

shmmeee

You would think Overson would understand that though and not be pissed off and leave the consortium?

Again, you seem to keep ignoring certain facts to make theories up that have already actually happened differently yet you bang on about conspiracies all the time.

Literally made guesses and labelled them as such, no theories. Don’t even know who Overson is.

And telling me, a literal random nobody, that I should know more than most about something is in fact a conspiracy theory. Hence the gif.

Side note: it’s hilarious how quiet you go when asked to answer a question and not spout bile at people.

Liquid Gold

The Overson thing is really important to me. He's exactly the sort of person I'd want to be involved with the club so if it wasn't right to him I'm happy to say it wasn't right at all.

Nick

Administrator
What’s strange about that? Everyone who has spoken to Wasps comes back with the answer Wasps are giving! Shocker!!

Answer the question, if it can’t be withdrawn why don’t Sisu just ask anyway? Ping the ball back to Wasps?

Go on, try and answer a straight question and not get sidetracked into personal attacks on people.

How do you want them to ask? Via the telegraph?

Where's the personal attack?

Grendel

Literally made guesses and labelled them as such, no theories. Don’t even know who Overson is.

And telling me, a literal random nobody, that I should know more than most about something is in fact a conspiracy theory. Hence the gif.

He was the main backer in Hoffman’s gang and quit as he suggested Richardson was also involved

Nick

Administrator

Side note: it’s hilarious how quiet you go when asked to answer a question and not spout bile at people.

You don't know who Overson is? It's like when you had no idea about the Butts stuff but told everybody it was a conspiracy. It's strange how you only ever seem to know little snippets of information when you get into things.

Well yeah, considering you had family who were deeply involved in the Haskell stuff you would have access to know more than a random man on the street. That's not a conspiracy, that's a fact.

Liquid Gold

You're very opinionated for someone who hasn't got the slightest clue about half the shit that has gone on.
you are beyond credulous.
No. Maybe man up.
not get sidetracked into personal attacks on people.
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
You're very opinionated for someone who hasn't got the slightest clue about half the shit that has gone on.

I like how he says things are conspiracies even though they have actually happened and he "doesn't know" about them. It's very strange although not surprising.

shmmeee

I like how he says things are conspiracies even though they have actually happened and he "doesn't know" about them. It's very strange although not surprising.

Yes very strange that someone hasn’t read everything you have. Almost like they’re different people! Must be something fishy happening. Not a conspiracy theory though. Just a theory, about other people hiding stuff, without proof.

Liquid Gold

Oh no! Opinions on the Internet!

Just read up on Overson, doesn’t really say anything does he? Very vague.
Haven't you been having a go at Dom on the politics thread for having opinions that are based on bullshit. Look in the mirror mate.

Grendel

“wasps were obviously involved so I wasn’t happy”

Nick

Administrator

He says he left the consortium because Wasps were involved and he wasn't happy about it. A little bit more than "talks about somewhere to play".

As per usual though, you play it down because you are denying something that has happened by using some other made up scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread