Nothing to keep us there anymore (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Just for balance, when we were at the Ricoh I got dropped off and picked up right next to the ground, no cost, 15 min drive.

When I went to St Andrews for the cup game I needed to arrive an hour early, and it took well over an hour to get a taxi back to new street (child and disabled person in tow), didn’t get back home until 7.

I think it’s a little disingenuous to suggest it’s easier to get to for most. It’s a hurdle that needs sufficient motivation to clear and that’s why attendances are down. It’s in the interests of some to inflate an “away games only” contingent that they can chastise but in reality for most it’s just a bit more hassle that means you go less.

Nick

Administrator
Just for balance, when we were at the Ricoh I got dropped off and picked up right next to the ground, no cost, 15 min drive.

When I went to St Andrews for the cup game I needed to arrive an hour early, and it took well over an hour to get a taxi back to new street (child and disabled person in tow), didn’t get back home until 7.

I think it’s a little disingenuous to suggest it’s easier to get to for most. It’s a hurdle that needs sufficient motivation to clear and that’s why attendances are down. It’s in the interests of some to inflate an “away games only” contingent that they can chastise but in reality for most it’s just a bit more hassle that means you go less.

You aren't comparing it like for like then ;)

It wouldn't have taken an hour for a taxi if you got dropped off outside or just drove and parked up by the ground? You would have been home with your feet up in the time it took for you to get a taxi.

Grendel

Yes for most it’s obviously more difficult and the game in question was a logistical nightmare

The irony I suppose is that the Ricoh for most is a dire ground and that’s why this isn’t that bad either. I’ve been honest and said if I was still working I wouldn’t bother with midweek games but to be fair I missed some at the Ricoh also and always left early as parking is a disaster and the big irony is public transport is worse to get home from there than Birmingham - one game (Lincoln in Div2 I think) was awful - got there late and no parking - had to bribe someone to let me park in a car park on site and missed 15 minutes

the parking restrictions are a joke and the stadium traffic flow awful

That said obviously for the majority it’s easier and a lot of people wouldn’t want a 30 minute walk each way to the train and I wouldn’t take my car anywhere near there

covboy1987

It wouldn't have taken an hour for a taxi if you got dropped off outside or just drove and parked up by the ground? You would have been home with your feet up in the time it took for you to get a taxi.
Some games it has taken nearly an hour to get out of the car park - other games it’s taken nearly an hour to get through the traffic and through Sheldon - So much so we go on the train now, but that’s another issue and ball ache - Was around 5,000 CCFC fans against Portsmouth a midweek game and weather did not help but pathetic turn-out for a top of the table clash – Some of Robins comments are a little concerning, and its good job we have a cracking football team

Nick

Administrator
Some games it has taken nearly an hour to get out of the car park - other games it’s taken nearly an hour to get through the traffic and through Sheldon - So much so we go on the train now, but that’s another issue and ball ache - Was around 5,000 CCFC fans against Portsmouth a midweek game and weather did not help but pathetic turn-out for a top of the table clash – Some of Robins comments are a little concerning, and its good job we have a cracking football team

That is always the case with Car Parks and traffic, I remember Watford away we were stuck in a car park for about an hour and a half after the game.

It's only taken me over an hour once to get back and that was when the M6 was shut and we went through the lanes.

Since then have just used a decent Sat Nav App which works out the quickest way to go and follow that, a lot of the time it's a different way home every game.

Grendel

That is always the case with Car Parks and traffic, I remember Watford away we were stuck in a car park for about an hour and a half after the game.

It's only taken me over an hour once to get back and that was when the M6 was shut and we went through the lanes.

Since then have just used a decent Sat Nav App which works out the quickest way to go and follow that, a lot of the time it's a different way home every game.

The distance will exclude some - older people will not want the drive - I used to sit by someone at the Ricoh in his 80’s - he’d been going for years and his daughter would pick him up after the traffic died down - he won’t be going anymore

harvey098

I’ll be honest I don’t know the ins and outs about the off field stuff... I was having a debate with a friend about the fact he doesn’t go to Birmingham out of principle and I said this is different to Northampton and mentioned the indemnity clause but I don’t really know what I’m talking about. Can anyone explain to me in simple terms why this is wasps fault more than sisu’s.

Sky Blue Pete

I’ll be honest I don’t know the ins and outs about the off field stuff... I was having a debate with a friend about the fact he doesn’t go to Birmingham out of principle and I said this is different to Northampton and mentioned the indemnity clause but I don’t really know what I’m talking about. Can anyone explain to me in simple terms why this is wasps fault more than sisu’s.
It’s probably not more theirs than Sisu. However both parties were talking and had agreed something so we are led to believe. Then wasps asked ccfc and Sisu to sign an indemnity to cover any losses from Eu complaint and ccfc said they couldn’t. Hence the move. Lots isn’t clear but the indemnity needs removing then Sisu need to be pressured to talk

torchomatic

Yes, I remember that at Watford. Took us over an hour to get out of the car park. HAd similar in the past in other places too, most notably MKD.

My journey is fine now from St Andrews. Rather than turning left out of the Main Stand car park in Garrison Lane, I turn right, go past Heartlands and rejoin the A45 much further down, by the Shirley Lidl. I miss all the traffic around St Andrews and have shaved off a good 20 minutes off the journey home.

The coventrian

Travelling to Brum is also more convenient for a lot of people than travelling to the rumoured new ground site of Woodlands school. The fact is, people will go if they can be arsed. A lot of it is just excuses
Its not excuses is it. People refuse to go and watch their club play home games in someone else's ground again. That's it. Why is that so difficult for some of you to comprehend?

ccfchoi87

Its not excuses is it. People refuse to go and watch their club play home games in someone else's ground again. That's it. Why is that so difficult for some of you to comprehend?

You might refuse, but I know a lot of people who have gone to St Andrews but make excuses about travel so they can go and watch it in the pub. People can do that if they wish but the facts are, they’d probably still do the same whatever ground we played at

The coventrian

Same as. We'd either get dropped off and picked up the parkgate or if the weather was crap get dropped off and picked up near the bridge on hen lane. Who drives to the football? Its beer day.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s the only ground that we’ve got to play at for this season what don’t you get?

The coventrian

You might refuse, but I know a lot of people who have gone to St Andrews but make excuses about travel so they can go and watch it in the pub. People can do that if they wish but the facts are, they’d probably still do the same whatever ground we played at
Theyve got every right to make excuses about going to Birmingham though as we shouldn't be there.

higgs

I hope Birmingham don't kick us out after this season with the state of their pitch after us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

I agree it’s a hassle but not overly when we are doing so well

torchomatic

Same as. We'd either get dropped off and picked up the parkgate or if the weather was crap get dropped off and picked up near the bridge on hen lane. Who drives to the football? Its beer day.

People who support CCFC and don't live in the City.

Grendel

To be fair if you were dropped off at Tile Hill and picked up again it wouldn’t be that much different other than better pubs

The coventrian

To be fair if you were dropped off at Tile Hill and picked up again it wouldn’t be that much different other than better pubs
I agree that getting to the ricoh by public transport must be a right pain in the arse. Its probably quicker to get there by rail if you live in Hinckley or nuneaton.

Old Warwickshire lad

Well I have been driving to all home games, and parking is garrison lane. But now the yobs have started damaging cars, I will have to have a rethink.
I hate going to SA the drive there and home is a pain at best. So I can’t see me doing it again.

vow

SISU could buy a Crown Green Bowling facility near London, courtesy of a mega discount from the local council. We call ourselves ‘Jasper Bastards FC’....then forcefully purchase Enfield’s OAP Aqua Fitness Center as a training facility.

Imagine...if you will...a slide-rule Allen through-ball to Godden on that fucking immaculate surface**

**Obviously Godden is flagged offside ....by a disgruntled old local who’s so pissed off at not being able to Aqua Zumba to Janet Jackson’s ‘Nasty Boys’ that he went and got FIFA refereeing badges
Haha, stop drinking m8...

covboy1987

Hand on heart I think most fans will put up with one season of this inconvenience but it is difficult to put a figure on a number that will not bother next season particularly if we are still in league 1 – Promotion and competing in the championship will be near on impossible staying at St Andrews.

clint van damme

I admit the travel is a pain but cost isn’t an issue. It’s cheaper to go on the train than drive to a paid car park at the Ricoh - it’s £2.50 for night games

Since Avanti took over from Virgin an any time day return on a Saturday has reduced from £7.80 to £6.50.

ccfcway

Promotion and competing in the championship will be near on impossible staying at St Andrews.

Its a championship ground. The logistics will be no different.

Income wise, assume a 7000 additional fans if in cov x £20 tickets x 22 home games. A £3m loss at least !!!

Suspect it could be nearer £5m

Grendel

Its a championship ground. The logistics will be no different.

Income wise, assume a 7000 additional fans if in cov x £20 tickets x 22 home games. A £3m loss at least !!!

Suspect it could be nearer £5m

We average about £10 a ticket at the Ricoh

Tommo1993

I always just thought of it as:
SISU: “Oh yeah by the way, we submitted a complaint to the European Commission back in February”
Wasps: “Eh?! You fucking bitch. That’s it, if you want to stay here you can cover the costs if it goes wrong for us.”
(Hmm...something to hide then?)
SISU: “Nah mate, it’s alright. We’ll look elsewhere.”

Promotion = pressure on all parties to get us back.

ccfcway

I always just thought of it as:
SISU: “Oh yeah by the way, we submitted a complaint to the European Commission back in February”
Wasps: “Eh?! You fucking bitch. That’s it, if you want to stay here you can cover the costs if it goes wrong for us.”
(Hmm...something to hide then?)
SISU: “Nah mate, it’s alright. We’ll look elsewhere.”

Promotion = pressure on all parties to get us back.

not sure what pressure it puts on wasps ?. Get it for ccfc and to a lesser extent , the council

Tommo1993

not sure what pressure it puts on wasps ?. Get it for ccfc and to a lesser extent , the council

It’d basically be them saying no more money. Ground sponsors would be all over it too I think. It still has to be a worthy deal though.

ccfcway

It’d basically be them saying no more money. Ground sponsors would be all over it too I think. It still has to be a worthy deal though.

I just can’t see it. They will be still in the same position with a huge black cloud hanging over their head, initiated by sisu. Wasps haven’t lost a lot with ccfc not being in cov. CCC havent lost a lot with ccfc not being in cov, ccfc have and continue to lose a lot not being in cov.

shmmeee

point is you can’t be dropped outside just before a game and I can’t ask my lift to drive to Brum. The Ricoh is way more accessible

Users who are viewing this thread