Not coming back. (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

So you expect the hedge fund to make no withdrawals from the company at all? What management charges does your company charge?

Does mean questions need to be answered though on the previous sisu line that they've never taken money out of the club.

chiefdave

That's what they did(The money channelled to ACL via the Council

I'd be interested to see the business case for that and how they proposed to turn a profit as on the face of it paying out £50K and taking none of the ticket revenue on a 9K attendance doesn't seem to stack up. Was the attendance a lot lower than expected or was it pretty full?

If it could be shown that having CCFC playing at the Ricoh is worth more to the taxpayer than £1.5m a season and ACL had a business model that could sustain it then you could indeed make a case that ACL should be paying CCFC £1.5m a year but I have my doubts there would be a viable business model that supports that. Would love to see it if someone wants to draw one up.

Steve.B50

We will have to wait until she has exhausted her attempt. I see this ending in liquidation either through spite or just giving up on a lost cause.
CCC cannot just give them the stadium for the sake of 10,000 hardened fans when 350,000 Coventry ratepayers need to be answered to.
A lot of us Coventry fans don't even live in Coventry.

CCFC starting in non league and at the Ricoh would be reasonably supported and in my mind is better than the long death SISU are playing out.
We will have to pick up the pieces at whatever level we are at, but we will be CCFC and rid of SISU.

As I have said before I see Xmas as the decision point.

Never thought I would ever say this but starting to think that this is actually an option.

Nick

Administrator

How would they afford the rent and match day fees?

Non league teams struggle at it is at places like the oval money wise, how could they afford to play at a ground whos rent is expensive for championship teams?

Grendel

I certainly would not go and support a phoenix club starting out back at the Ricoh if ACL still were involved. Surely they have played a big part in our downfall ,(not the biggest part but still big enough to lead us to where we are now), so a new team would still be giving money to them as tenants, and the future would still be exactly the same as it is now, bleak.
If a new team at the Ricoh and had a share of the ground and had a contract that had diddly squat to do with ACL, then I will go.

I have a feeling we will get some good news soon, contrary to all this doom and gloom. I must look on the brighter side of any likely outcome ,if not i'd be desperately depressed all the time when thinking about the Skyblues.

On another matter we are certainly not in Bradford supporters good books are we, after we described their style of football to similar to Sunday morning kick and rush. That's now Sunderland and Bradford who don't like us, though personally I don't give a shite

Mmmmm -- that is odd as I agree with all of it

Steve.B50

Who says this team would have to pay such money, they would only need to open one stand.
What else are they going to do with the pitch, be better for it to be used for a team from Coventry than just growing grass.

Only an idea and no more than a thought, but if someone came in and bought all or half the Ricoh and made a small investment , a team could play there. The Council and ACL have openly said they want football played at the Ricoh.
Am sure they would be happy to upset the SISU bandwagon, why not do a deal with a none league team?

Not actually suggesting this just throwing the concept.

Grendel

Who says this team would have to pay such money, they would only need to open one stand.
What else are they going to do with the pitch, be better for it to be used for a team from Coventry than just growing grass.

Only an idea and no more than a thought, but if someone came in and bought all or half the Ricoh and made a small investment , a team could play there. The Council and ACL have openly said they want football played at the Ricoh.
Am sure they would be happy to upset the SISU bandwagon, why not do a deal with a none league team?

So as long as their is money it its ok? You I assume appluad Northampton in tempting the club their as money was to be made?

Nick

Administrator

What about flood lights, care for the pitch, car parks etc.

If non league teams struggle at small grounds for money then how will it be any different in a huge stadium?

Steve.B50

Look all I am saying is that in the right circumstances a none league team could actually play at the Ricoh, if a deal was done with who ever owned the Ricoh.

As for Northampton, I would have preferred them to have said no the ground share, but if we did own the Ricoh and Birmingham City asked if the could ground share for a few years we would have to consider it.

Steve.B50

What about flood lights, care for the pitch, car parks etc.

If non league teams struggle at small grounds for money then how will it be any different in a huge stadium?

But they only get a few hundred, if a team played there they would only do so if they were expecting much bigger gates.
I am not saying its right or wrong just discussing the concept.

Nick

Administrator
Surely the only viable options would be cov sphinx level at the bare minimum and then it would be moving them away from their home?

What guarantee is there that they would get fans there?

Unless you had a billionaire who thought he was playing football manager with all the cheats on I don't think it would be viable.

lordsummerisle

I'd be interested to see the business case for that and how they proposed to turn a profit as on the face of it paying out £50K and taking none of the ticket revenue on a 9K attendance doesn't seem to stack up. Was the attendance a lot lower than expected or was it pretty full?

If it could be shown that having CCFC playing at the Ricoh is worth more to the taxpayer than £1.5m a season and ACL had a business model that could sustain it then you could indeed make a case that ACL should be paying CCFC £1.5m a year but I have my doubts there would be a viable business model that supports that. Would love to see it if someone wants to draw one up.

9000 was full over 3 days. Have to also take into account that the Jaguar Hall wasn't available for anything else for weeks whilst it was converted to Tennis courts.

Just saying that as the council seemed happy to pay to have a sporting event at The Ricoh over a weekend, then why shouldn't they offer the same deal to the incumbent tenant who brings a lot more over time than a weekend of minor Davis Cup Tennis does?

Lot of screaming about taxpayers being hard-done when it comes to non-payment of rent, have seen hardly anything when it comes to paying somebody to come to the Ricoh?

Steve.B50

Not sure I agree Nick, am sure it would be difficult but not impossible.

Here is an idea, PH, or someone similar buys the Higgs half of the Ricoh with an option to get the other half at an agreed price in 12 month, ( not the freehold).
Would he want an football team at the Ricoh, I think he would. He may want to buy Coventry but that's just me living in hope, so he will have to start with a none league team or set up his own.
All I am saying is that the Ricoh needs a team, it's not looking like it with be City so what's the options? Personally I will give up football as only one team for me but cannot ever see them back in Coventry.

Monners

9000 was full over 3 days. Have to also take into account that the Jaguar Hall wasn't available for anything else for weeks whilst it was converted to Tennis courts.

Lot of screaming about taxpayers being hard-done when it comes to non-payment of rent, have seen hardly anything when it comes to paying somebody to come to the Ricoh?

Just saying that as the council seemed happy to pay to have a sporting event at The Ricoh over a weekend, then why shouldn't they offer the same deal to the incumbent tenant who brings a lot more over time than a weekend of minor Davis Cup Tennis does?

Hosting the Davis Cup is a high profile event. It was all over the national sporting media, so raises the profile of the City much as hosting Olympic football did at the time. Our clubs owners are not interested in this, as ecveidenced by not paying the rent, breaking the lease and moving the club away from its community.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure I agree Nick, am sure it would be difficult but not impossible.

Here is an idea, PH, or someone similar buys the Higgs half of the Ricoh with an option to get the other half at an agreed price in 12 month, ( not the freehold).
Would he want an football team at the Ricoh, I think he would. He may want to buy Coventry but that's just me living in hope, so he will have to start with a none league team or set up his own.
All I am saying is that the Ricoh needs a team, it's not looking like it with be City so what's the options? Personally I will give up football as only one team for me but cannot ever see them back in Coventry.

Ph is only really interested in the land though isn't he rather than the football team?

He might well set up his own team but what if sisu do build a stadium then we are a 2 team city..

Nick

Administrator
Only used his name as he is known.
Do you believe they will ever build a new stadium in Coventry?

Personally I have no idea but the last time most people doubted them was that they would up and leave from the ricoh..

lordsummerisle

Hosting the Davis Cup is a high profile event. It was all over the national sporting media, so raises the profile of the City much as hosting Olympic football did at the time. Our clubs owners are not interested in this, as ecveidenced by not paying the rent, breaking the lease and moving the club away from its community.

You're right actually, can't move for hordes of people from around the World dressed in their tennis whites wondering around looking for The Ricoh Arena.

A quick news search on Google for Davis Cup, Ricoh Arena. shows the huge level of interest shown around the World in the event.

Well two stories in the Coventry Telegrap, and one in Conference News anyway.

A good news story though, the Ricoh won Bronze for the "Best Integrated Marketing Campaign at the Meetings Industry Marketing Awards (MIMA) 2013", narrowly beaten into third place by the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre and Wyboston Lakes.

Think that "Best Integrated Marketing Campaign at the Meetings Industry Marketing Awards (MIMA) 2013, Bronze Award Winner" would make a lovely slogan to put on a T-shirt to show support.

Steve.B50

Nick
If they did ever build in the City it will be much longer than 5 years.

I just have thoughts, if a team started playing at the Ricoh say in conference south or below, in three years they maybe in the same league.
If this team got some help from the Ricoh owners and some investment, they could survive.

Last edited:

skybluefred

if only 1500 home fans and required for sixfields to be viable then it seems a pretty viable business model?

Sixfields is not viable. Just look at how far they have had to reduce the entry cost just to get 1500 (people) in. I will not call them fans because they are the reason we are still there.
:blue:

Grendel

Sixfields is not viable. Just look at how far they have had to reduce the entry cost just to get 1500 (people) in. I will not call them fans because they are the reason we are still there.
:blue:

Clearly they are not if they have had to reduce entry costs

skybluefred

Well they're lowering the amount that Joy/SISU have to put in to make up difference between the income and outgoings. It's possible that this makes the losses viable and hence our extended stay at Sixfields, although stubbornness would be my bet.

Stupidity would be my bet.

letsallsingtogether

Have to agree.
I don't want to support another team but if we are still not here next season then that maybe it for me.
Sick and tired of all this shit.
I would therefore possibly support another team in COVENTRY. I am not interested in a team playing outside the boundaries of our City whatever part of Warwickshire it is in,
it Will only be CCFC in name and have no other ties to our City.

As has been mentioned before sisu can keep the History of the club from when they took over. The rest is ours.....

Nick

I just have thoughts, if a team started playing at the Ricoh say in conference south or below, in three years they maybe in the same league.
If this team got some help from the Ricoh owners and some investment, they could survive.

Mr T - Sukka!

The Ricoh is the only option for me. If they move out of Coventry (even 6-10 miles) i will turn my back on CCFC forever.

Say what you want. If they think they can do what they (SISU) like they can think again.

letsallsingtogether

Too true not in Coventry then it is not Coventry City.

The Ricoh is the only option for me. If they move out of Coventry (even 6-10 miles) i will turn my back on CCFC forever.

Say what you want. If they think they can do what they (SISU) like they can think again.

Nick

Administrator
Nick

So why can't the original club have help from the Ricoh owners?

dongonzalos

Ph is only really interested in the land though isn't he rather than the football team?

He might well set up his own team but what if sisu do build a stadium then we are a 2 team city..

Is there no other land for sale in the UK?

I think he likes the potential status owning a successful football team can bring as well

Grendel

Is there no other land for sale in the UK?

I think he likes the potential status owning a successful football team can bring as well

Really -- which club is that -- Leeds or Charlton?

Users who are viewing this thread