Not coming back. (1 Viewer)

topcat

Buying CCFC was the route SISU used to enable them to buy the stadium and surrounding land, there was also the possibility of selling the Club on if they were successful. They are still playing political games to try to get the stadium freehold which would give them total control. To joy Seppala the playing side is secondary and of no concern to her, it's just a lever to pry the stadium from the council. There is absolutely no way that she will allow the Club to return to the Ricoh unless she owns it!

italiahorse

Buying CCFC was the route SISU used to enable them to buy the stadium and surrounding land, there was also the possibility of selling the Club on if they were successful. They are still playing political games to try to get the stadium freehold which would give them total control. To joy Seppala the playing side is secondary and of no concern to her, it's just a lever to pry the stadium from the council. There is absolutely no way that she will allow the Club to return to the Ricoh unless she owns it!

We will have to wait until she has exhausted her attempt. I see this ending in liquidation either through spite or just giving up on a lost cause.
CCC cannot just give them the stadium for the sake of 10,000 hardened fans when 350,000 Coventry ratepayers need to be answered to.
A lot of us Coventry fans don't even live in Coventry.

CCFC starting in non league and at the Ricoh would be reasonably supported and in my mind is better than the long death SISU are playing out.
We will have to pick up the pieces at whatever level we are at, but we will be CCFC and rid of SISU.

As I have said before I see Xmas as the decision point.

AndreasB

You know all that for a fact do you? Why start a thread to repeat old prejudices and add nothing new to the debate?

chiefdave

How could a non league team afford to play at the Ricoh though?

The womens team have been playing there, what have their attendances been like? If CCFC were non league the costs from an ACL perspective would most likely take a huge drop. You'd probably only open one stand for a start so less staff needed, less F&B outlets to open. Would just need them to sit down and look at the cost of staging a game against the income expected (both sides being based on an estimate of crowd size). If charity matches and the ladies team playing there are viable there's no reason a non league team wouldn't be.

The bigger question would be should a non league team be playing there or should they start out somewhere smaller like the Butts?

RegTheDonk

How could a non league team afford to play at the Ricoh though?

If it was the only team recognised as CCFC, or a phoenix of CCFC, I reckon you'd get 5K. I honestly do. This wouldn't be like Wimbledon, where the team moved town allowing a "rival" AFC to be born. If CCFC were liquidated, it would be a brand new start for "City of Coventry FC"

Weather you could charge enough on the gate to get decent players I can't say, but with SISU not in charge perhaps ACL would let them play there rent free until promoted to the FL proper - and just keep the pie money for themselves.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

I see Christmas as crunch time too. I see it very probable for any supporter pressure group to question the leagues decision about allowing a club to use the Coventry City name without having roots in Coventry itself. You could say that the Sky Blue Trust with liquidation looming for CCFC ltd would be the ideal candidate to put forward as having beneficial rights to the name rather than the SISU related companies. After all it is the league that chooses if a football club can play under its chosen name.

This is a cost of liquidation which SISU can't escape from. They have put forward that this is a new company and it needs to be treated as such.

I would believe this is the way to unite fans of Coventry and to keep the culture and history of the football club. If the worse comes to the worse, most people would not support a Pheonix Club, but this would be a continuation of CCFC and not a Pheonix Club.

Last edited:

Monners

just thinking through this impasse again, and what I would do next season for instance; and the only hope that I cling on to is that we will return to Cov in the not so distant future. The two sides are still poles apart, so difficult to see where any negotiations or talks will go. I cannot see a future for us (thats how I fell this moring anyway). Regardless of the promising young side that we have, I am not sure I will be able to commit time and money to what would soon become a hopeless cause. I am not interested in a new club, as it wouldn't have any emtinoal attachment. Time for a brisk lunchtime walk I think.

fernandopartridge

If it was the only team recognised as CCFC, or a phoenix of CCFC, I reckon you'd get 5K. I honestly do. This wouldn't be like Wimbledon, where the team moved town allowing a "rival" AFC to be born. If CCFC were liquidated, it would be a brand new start for "City of Coventry FC"

Weather you could charge enough on the gate to get decent players I can't say, but with SISU not in charge perhaps ACL would let them play there rent free until promoted to the FL proper - and just keep the pie money for themselves.

I think you're being incredibly optimistic with those figures.

Philosorapter

I think you need to take a different approach to how to do gates at the Ricoh if a team recognised as CCFC played there even having to drop a few divisions. If you can have a full stadium charging a quid a seat, that would still be over 30,000 per match.

Last edited:

matesx

It has to help when you get 1500 fans paying money into the players pockets at sixfields.​

Warwickhunt

The womens team have been playing there, what have their attendances been like? If CCFC were non league the costs from an ACL perspective would most likely take a huge drop. You'd probably only open one stand for a start so less staff needed, less F&B outlets to open. Would just need them to sit down and look at the cost of staging a game against the income expected (both sides being based on an estimate of crowd size). If charity matches and the ladies team playing there are viable there's no reason a non league team wouldn't be.

The bigger question would be should a non league team be playing there or should they start out somewhere smaller like the Butts?
And you think ACL would want a club that could not pay the rent they require? The whole idea for ACL to want CCFC back is all about the Rent, Matchday cost recovery & Food and Beverage Sales because at the end of the day they need this income

Philosorapter

Profits from the stadium can be fed back into the acadamy, after all it is in Coventry and we would be back to where we are in no time.

bigfatronssba

And you think ACL would want a club that could not pay the rent they require? The whole idea for ACL to want CCFC back is all about the Rent, Matchday cost recovery & Food and Beverage Sales because at the end of the day they need this income

See comment re the Women's team.

italiahorse

It's one of the income streams they have.
The place has 365 days to fill and 25 days of football would be nice.
When it was built ACL had all their eggs in a sky blue basket.
Refinancing and other income streams mean the risk has now been spread.

James Smith

if only 1500 home fans and required for sixfields to be viable then it seems a pretty viable business model?

I can't imagine that they're making any money on the attendances at Sixfields, but am happy to be corrected if someone has the actual figures to hand ;) Do we get carparking money, pitchside advertising or F&B revenue there?

AndreasB

Yeah right...ACL have a great track record of cheap rent deals dont they

bigfatronssba

ecky

I can't imagine that they're making any money on the attendances at Sixfields, but am happy to be corrected if someone has the actual figures to hand ;) Do we get carparking money, pitchside advertising or F&B revenue there?

Yes good point what are the financial losses or gains for sisu playing at sick fields? Bet the gate receipts don't even cover the rent?

Users who are viewing this thread