Not coming back. (3 Viewers)

ajsccfc

'Right, I'll give it until Easter. For definite this time'

AndreasB

Your just a sisu lover Andreas always have been, what good have they been for our city?

"Your just a sisu lover" - you bitch. When you say "what good have they been for our city?" do you mean Sisu, ACL The Primitives or SISU?

CJ_covblaze

I can't imagine that they're making any money on the attendances at Sixfields, but am happy to be corrected if someone has the actual figures to hand ;) Do we get carparking money, pitchside advertising or F&B revenue there?

No parking, no advertising really to speak of and a % of the f&b. In other words near to nothing.

covcity4life

exactly! so if it aint making money with 1500 its safe to say those fans are not stopping us from coming back home.

James Smith

exactly! so if it aint making money with 1500 its safe to say those fans are not stopping us from coming back home.

Well they're lowering the amount that Joy/SISU have to put in to make up difference between the income and outgoings. It's possible that this makes the losses viable and hence our extended stay at Sixfields, although stubbornness would be my bet.

chiefdave

No parking, no advertising really to speak of and a % of the f&b. In other words near to nothing.

didn't Cardoza say that neither Northampton or us would be getting any F&B as Northampton sold all the Sixfields F&B rights to a local company.

chiefdave

Then we should get it for less than they do surely?

Possibly could get the same deal as the LTA where we get paid £50,000 per 9000 fans that come in?

we wouldn't pay the same level of rent as the womens team when we've got way more people attending. the £x per 1K fans isn't a bad idea but didn't ACL offer something similar? Lower base rent and an extra payment per ticket sold after a certain amount.

skybluedan

Buying CCFC was the route SISU used to enable them to buy the stadium and surrounding land, there was also the possibility of selling the Club on if they were successful. They are still playing political games to try to get the stadium freehold which would give them total control. To joy Seppala the playing side is secondary and of no concern to her, it's just a lever to pry the stadium from the council. There is absolutely no way that she will allow the Club to return to the Ricoh unless she owns it!

Yeah and your point is? Oh yeah once again we will not being going home. Always the same fuckin threads

lordsummerisle

we wouldn't pay the same level of rent as the womens team when we've got way more people attending. the £x per 1K fans isn't a bad idea but didn't ACL offer something similar? Lower base rent and an extra payment per ticket sold after a certain amount.

The reason why we should pay less than the womens team is precisely because we have way more more people attending, thus much more revenue for ACL through F&B.

ACL offered a rent deal where the rent went UP when more attended, a little different from the deal offered to the LTA where they paid them £50,000 to have the Davis Cup at the Ricoh, with 9000 attendees over 3 days.

chiefdave

ACL offered a rent deal where the rent went UP when more attended, a little different from the deal offered to the LTA where they paid them £50,000 to have the Davis Cup at the Ricoh, with 9000 attendees over 3 days.

You're not comparing the same thing. The Davis Cup was a paid event, ACL paid a set amount to buy in the event they then had the rights to ticket income and other income from the event. Are you suggesting that SISU pay £50K a match and then keep all the revenues? Can't see that working for SISU, even if you take an average £10K crowd and £10 ticket price CCFC would be getting £50K against ACLs £100K from ticket sales before you even consider parking, F&B etc.

Nick

Administrator
You're not comparing the same thing. The Davis Cup was a paid event, ACL paid a set amount to buy in the event they then had the rights to ticket income and other income from the event. Are you suggesting that SISU pay £50K a match and then keep all the revenues? Can't see that working for SISU, even if you take an average £10K crowd and £10 ticket price CCFC would be getting £50K against ACLs £100K from ticket sales before you even consider parking, F&B etc.

Weren't ACL getting all of the income (apart from tickets) AND getting a massive rent paid as well as match fees?

chiefdave

Weren't ACL getting all of the income (apart from tickets) AND getting a massive rent paid as well as match fees?

but as we've seen stated by the likes of OSB all the other income actually comes to very little. People seem to keep assuming that the amount charged to SISU / CCFC is all clear profit for ACL but they provide facilities and services which have a cost associated with them.

bigfatronssba

No.

There was also hospitality & advertising going to the club.

stupot07

Buying CCFC was the route SISU used to enable them to buy the stadium and surrounding land, there was also the possibility of selling the Club on if they were successful. They are still playing political games to try to get the stadium freehold which would give them total control. To joy Seppala the playing side is secondary and of no concern to her, it's just a lever to pry the stadium from the council. There is absolutely no way that she will allow the Club to return to the Ricoh unless she owns it!

If buying the club was a route to get the stadium, why didn't they immediately purchase the stake in ACL when it was on offer instead of investing in players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lordsummerisle

ACL didn't have the right to ticket income for the event at all, ticket income went to the LTA.

I'm suggesting the same deal, that ACL pay CCFC £50,000 per 9000 fans that we bring in, and ACL keep F@B revenues.

Only fair that the same deal be applied to the home town club, rather than an already very rich LTA.

Maybe it could be backdated to the beginning? Paying back all rent paid, plus £50,000 per 9000 fans brought in.

Should be a tidy sum.

Nick

Administrator
but as we've seen stated by the likes of OSB all the other income actually comes to very little. People seem to keep assuming that the amount charged to SISU / CCFC is all clear profit for ACL but they provide facilities and services which have a cost associated with them.

I understand it isn't 100% profit but IF they did offer to cut the rent by 80% to 125k or whatever it was how could they justify that without making huge losses? Didn't the club continue to pay match day costs even when withholding rent which covered a lot of the costs for matchdays?

I understand that comparing the ladies or a non league team would be different as matchday costs would differ but I always thought matchday costs were seperate to the rent?

Grendel

Are you sure they received ticket income - really really sure?

chiefdave

ACL didn't have the right to ticket income for the event at all, ticket income went to the LTA.

I'm suggesting the same deal, that ACL pay CCFC £50,000 per 9000 fans that we bring in, and ACL keep F@B revenues.

If ACL paid the LTA 50K with no rights to any income other than F&B on a 9K attendance then they must have made a significant loss on the event.

My understanding is ACL recieve under 77% of F&B profits from Compass. To cover 50K on a 9K attendance you're looking at £5.55 per head. I think that would equate to each person needing to generate £7.21 profit, not revenue, on F&B for ACL to break even. That's of course assuming the running costs of the Rioch and employing the ACL staff are zero.

Are you seriously suggesting that over the course of a season ACL should be paying CCFC around £1.5m?!?

The Reverend Skyblue

I certainly would not go and support a phoenix club starting out back at the Ricoh if ACL still were involved. Surely they have played a big part in our downfall ,(not the biggest part but still big enough to lead us to where we are now), so a new team would still be giving money to them as tenants, and the future would still be exactly the same as it is now, bleak.
If a new team at the Ricoh and had a share of the ground and had a contract that had diddly squat to do with ACL, then I will go.

I have a feeling we will get some good news soon, contrary to all this doom and gloom. I must look on the brighter side of any likely outcome ,if not i'd be desperately depressed all the time when thinking about the Skyblues.

On another matter we are certainly not in Bradford supporters good books are we, after we described their style of football to similar to Sunday morning kick and rush. That's now Sunderland and Bradford who don't like us, though personally I don't give a shite

Last edited:

chiefdave

I understand that comparing the ladies or a non league team would be different as matchday costs would differ but I always thought matchday costs were seperate to the rent?

I may be totally wrong on this but my understanding was that the 'rent' also covered things like the provision of parking spaces, hospitality etc which were then sold on by CCFC at a profit.

Nick

Administrator
I always remember them saying they continued to pay matchday costs but not rent:

City’s statement said: “While we have been seeking to normalise the rent, we have continued to pay match day costs to ensure that ACL is not left out-of-pocket. These costs amount to over £250,000 per season, much more than the average rent paid by League One clubs.

I always thought it was rent AND matchday costs. I might be wrong though.

Grendel

I may be totally wrong on this but my understanding was that the 'rent' also covered things like the provision of parking spaces, hospitality etc which were then sold on by CCFC at a profit.

Well you are totally wrong on the LTA arrangements so in all probability....you are wrong.

stupot07

I always remember them saying they continued to pay matchday costs but not rent:

I always thought it was rent AND matchday costs. I might be wrong though.

They did get £500k from the escrow account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lordsummerisle

[
=chiefdave;589227]If ACL paid the LTA 50K with no rights to any income other than F&B on a 9K attendance then they must have made a significant loss on the event.

That's what they did(The money channelled to ACL via the Council

My understanding is ACL recieve under 77% of F&B profits from Compass. To cover 50K on a 9K attendance you're looking at £5.55 per head. I think that would equate to each person needing to generate £7.21 profit, not revenue, on F&B for ACL to break even. That's of course assuming the running costs of the Rioch and employing the ACL staff are zero.

They only get 77% of F@B profits from Compass becuase they received £4million from them for the 23% that Compass receive.

Are you seriously suggesting that over the course of a season ACL should be paying CCFC around £1.5m?!?

It's what they did(pro-rata) for the LTA, so why not?

James Smith

Well it would cover the AVRO interest quite nicely.
What has changed is that more is now owed to ARVO and incurs interest at an undisclosed rate. Interest total charged in 2012 year end was £1.26m. That means with each ARVO loan the clubs annual costs go up.

Just saying that's all.

Grendel

Well it would cover the AVRO interest quite nicely.

Just saying that's all.

So you expect the hedge fund to make no withdrawals from the company at all? What management charges does your company charge?

fernandopartridge

I certainly would not go and support a phoenix club starting out back at the Ricoh if ACL still were involved. Surely they have played a big part in our downfall ,(not the biggest part but still big enough to lead us to where we are now), so a new team would still be giving money to them as tenants, and the future would still be exactly the same as it is now, bleak.
If a new team at the Ricoh and had a share of the ground and had a contract that had diddly squat to do with ACL, then I will go.

I have a feeling we will get some good news soon, contrary to all this doom and gloom. I must look on the brighter side of any likely outcome ,if not i'd be desperately depressed all the time when thinking about the Skyblues.

On another matter we are certainly not in Bradford supporters good books are we, after we described their style of football to similar to Sunday morning kick and rush. That's now Sunderland and Bradford who don't like us, though personally I don't give a shite

Fuckin hell I agree

James Smith

So you expect the hedge fund to make no withdrawals from the company at all? What management charges does your company charge?

I never said or implied that, I just said that it would cover the AVRO interest payments. I made no judgement on whether these were high, low or out of the ordinary, you appear to be reading something into a perfectly innocuous post that isn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread