Match Thread Norwich FA cup (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Depending on fitness I think we will only make about three changes. Some of those left out will be on the bench. Maybe one or two new faces onthe bench with a look to giving them a few minutes.

Hobo

I would like to see Hillsner start with Bapaga coming off bench. O'Hare has played so much a game out wont do him any harm.

shmmeee

EF7ABA4D-904E-431B-9CB4-F50309799E29.jpeg
As everyone’s talking about resting players.

Ideally we’d rest Hyam and McFadz, but based on the last squad we’d have to put Jordan Thompson in 😬

Sky Blue Harry H

Sorry if it's been covered, but can we buy a one off package to watch this?

johnwillomagic

Is Matty James eligible to play at the weekend? I am assuming he's available but does anyone know for sure.
I think Robins will play a strong side ideally hope he can rest Dabo & Hyam others have had breaks along the way so imo should play.

Frostie

Is Matty James eligible to play at the weekend? I am assuming he's available but does anyone know for sure.
I think Robins will play a strong side ideally hope he can rest Dabo & Hyam others have had breaks along the way so imo should play.

Yes, he is:

1609969931617.png

Sky Blue Harry H

Almost every televised game is free with no sign up required on hesgoal.com (not always in English)
Thanks. Happy to pay via club for all games, but I do watch other games via hesgoal. Hopefully we'll be on that, as haven't missed a game yet this season, and wasn't going to subscribe to BT monthly.

SleepyGinger

Camp to start? People have mentioned appearance fees but I wouldn’t of thought it would be that much. Be worth having a look at him in case Wilson’s form drops and Marosi injury last longer than expected.

Briles

Isn't it weird we managed to play 20+ games pre lockdown with no problems then all of a sudden when there's a lockdown there's a load of positive tests

D

Deleted member 2477

Id rather we dont play him with his record of injury. It would just be our luck that in a game that means nothing he does his ACL. He only played 60 minutes in most games for Barnsley as they were protecting him so lets not risk him in a cup game that we have no hope of ever getting to the final and isnt actually worth much to the club financially

Paxman II

Id rather we dont play him with his record of injury. It would just be our luck that in a game that means nothing he does his ACL. He only played 60 minutes in most games for Barnsley as they were protecting him so lets not risk him in a cup game that we have no hope of ever getting to the final and isnt actually worth much to the club financially

Would have agreed as the cup is a waste of time. But he is on loan, if he can't step up and play or gets injured then he goes back to parent club. He has an opportunity to put the shirt on, play in our team and get used to us in a game of less importance against good opposition. Either off the bench or 60 minute starter.

Alex1987

Isn't it weird we managed to play 20+ games pre lockdown with no problems then all of a sudden when there's a lockdown there's a load of positive tests

These will be spreading around Christmas etc that take a while to feed into the system. The first week or so after lockdown you see more cases, followed by more deaths 2-3 weeks later. Hopefully less so this time as the weaker are starting to be vaccinated. We should have continued to November lockdown through til Dec 23rd rather than opening up again on Dec 4th....not that I want to get too political on the issue!

shmmeee

Case incidence is considerably higher now than a few months ago. That’s why we’re in lockdown. It’ll take a couple of weeks until the existing cases die out and you see lockdowns impact.

Sky Blue Pete

Nah play him

mark82

According to paxman it'll cost us a fortune greater than £60k to travel to Norwich

Winnings:
Third Round Proper winners(32)£61,500 Losers receive £20,500
Fourth Round Proper winners(16)£90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners(8)£180,000
Quarter-Final winners(4)£360,000
Semi-Final winners(2)£900,000
Semi-Final losers(2)£450,000
Final runners-up(1)£900,000
Final winners(1)£1,800,000

Winnings are per round.

TV Money:
£20,000 for being on FA Live Player
£37,500 for being on BT Sport Extra (as we are this week) or BBC Digital
£75,000 for games on main BT Sport and BBC channels.

Happy_Martian

I have to say that this game has no interest to me whatsoever. The FA Cup used to be celebrated and was an enjoyment whereever you went (<grrrr> Wet Saturday at Northampton Cricket Ground to see us lose 1-0 ;) ). But now, it's just another pointless game. Throw in the U-23s and let them get game time or some of the bomb squad to prove their saleability (sp?).

Prediction : A City will win and move into the next round. The other City won't but will be probably the happier of the two.

Skyblueweeman

Winnings:
Third Round Proper winners(32)£61,500 Losers receive £20,500
Fourth Round Proper winners(16)£90,000
Fifth Round Proper winners(8)£180,000
Quarter-Final winners(4)£360,000
Semi-Final winners(2)£900,000
Semi-Final losers(2)£450,000
Final runners-up(1)£900,000
Final winners(1)£1,800,000

Winnings are per round.

TV Money:
£20,000 for being on FA Live Player
£37,500 for being on BT Sport Extra (as we are this week) or BBC Digital
£75,000 for games on main BT Sport and BBC channels.

Thanks for that info. So we're assured of £58k then, potentially £99k. Not bad for a weekends work.

Fingers crossed for the win and a nice away tie against lower league opposition in the next round.

I think I'm different to many on here...yes it's not as 'magical' as it once was but I think that might be an age thing as well. I'm still excited by the 3rd round of the cup...and of the whole thing as well actually. Fingers crossed for a win tomorrow.

3-1 us. (Hamer, James, O'Hare)

Sky Blue Pete

Thanks for that info. So we're assured of £58k then, potentially £99k. Not bad for a weekends work.

Fingers crossed for the win and a nice away tie against lower league opposition in the next round.

I think I'm different to many on here...yes it's not as 'magical' as it once was but I think that might be an age thing as well. I'm still excited by the 3rd round of the cup...and of the whole thing as well actually. Fingers crossed for a win tomorrow.

3-1 us. (Hamer, James, O'Hare)
I am too

Users who are viewing this thread