Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

What nonsense

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Looked that way when O'Hare didn't pass to Simms on the counter attack Tuesday.

As the stats suggest, Simms lost every duel he had (6 in the air, 1 to feet) and completed 4 out of just 7 passes.

Maybe explains why O'Hare is overplaying it?

pusbccfc

Another ground to add to the list where fans enter and exit the stadium directly next to each other.

Despite the wind up from Norwich fans in the ground, there were no issues and everyone goes home.

I wonder why they haven't got a 100m long fence?

pusbccfc

That’s another thing. Both Wright and Simms lacking any aerial battle.

Simms losing 6 out of 6 aerial duels today is dreadful.

To be fair to him, he's on 54% for the season which is pretty standard and just below Haji.

Interestingly, the highest in our team is Palmer with 84% of aerial duels won?

Old Warwickshire lad

Another ground to add to the list where fans enter and exit the stadium directly next to each other.

Despite the wind up from Norwich fans in the ground, there were no issues and everyone goes home.

And a small piece of waist high perspex to separate the fans in the stadium.
Makes our SAG group look like right twats.

Tommo1993

Sort of on the same topic. The CBS, if you’re driving, has to be one of the best grounds in English football for exit routes away from the area. Today was especially shit.

pusbccfc

And a small piece of waist high perspex to separate the fans in the stadium.
Makes our SAG group look like right twats.

I must admit, I think that perspex is pretty clever. It's high enough to make it very difficult if anyone dare jumped over it. Netting doesn't work like that.

Obviously our SAG would never allow it because they would think fans would still try and jump over.

pusbccfc

Sort of on the same topic. The CBS, if you’re driving, has to be one of the best grounds in English football for exit routes away from the area. Today was especially shit.

The CBS is best stadium in the country for cars/coaches (if you're not stuck in the official carpark) and the worst for public transport.

djr8369

Just watched the highlights and can’t understand some of the frustration at Wright and Palmers shots. Both looked like decent saves.

Norwich had a bit of luck with how the ball fell for their first and a great finish for the second.

Also, Simms was in the perfect position for the follow up on a couple of occasions and on another day might have had a couple of tap i

shmmeee

Just a question following today SBT

if vik does go/if there’s money there regardless

for me, we have to spend a serious serious amount of that on a number 9, on unearth a gem

number 9 and a replacement for COH need to be where we look to invest the most, we can probably get a cb and the cm on loan as they’re probably going to be coming in to compete with what we have, not start

Reckon we’ve got another £7m or so, I’d drop £3M each on a striker and an AM. You could get some decent quality abroad for that. Then if Vik doesn’t go the rest on frees/younger players at CB, CM and RW.

If he does, I’d look at a first choice CB instead and a new LB, any more and it’s a GK.

Tommo1993

Just watched the highlights and can’t understand some of the frustration at Wright and Palmers shots. Both looked like decent saves.

Norwich had a bit of luck with how the ball fell for their first and a great finish for the second.

Also, Simms was in the perfect position for the follow up on a couple of occasions and on another day might have had a couple of tap i

Was a decent save for Palmer’s, but even Robins said Wright really should have done better.

djr8369

Reckon we’ve got another £7m or so, I’d drop £3M each on a striker and an AM. You could get some decent quality abroad for that. Then if Vik doesn’t go the rest on frees/younger players at CB, CM and RW.

If he does, I’d look at a first choice CB instead and a new LB, any more and it’s a GK.
Based on the of the players we’ve picked up, MVE, Torp, Saka, you’d think we could round the squad off really nicely with that sort of money.

TomRad85

Just a question following today SBT

if vik does go/if there’s money there regardless

for me, we have to spend a serious serious amount of that on a number 9, on unearth a gem

number 9 and a replacement for COH need to be where we look to invest the most, we can probably get a cb and the cm on loan as they’re probably going to be coming in to compete with what we have, not start
I did think we'd bring 4 in during the summer but I've added 1 that I think we'll bring in too...
AM to replace O'Hare
CF for obvious reasons
CM to compete with existing CMs
LCB probably Binks
LB got a feeling we'll try for one of these again. Might even try and offload Dasilva already but offloading Bidwell would probably be easier if that's the route they want to go.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Matt smith

7 million before a vik sale?

you’d also hope we’d have a couple of million in the kitty from ticket sales cup runs etc

Matt smith

Yeah you’d either go for some quality abroad or the best players in the league below like EMC Kitching etc

SkyblueTexan

What you talking about? Godden and Wright have 17 between them, Simms has 4. That's 1 less than Gyokeres for the whole of last season.

Still the stats of 3 strikers put together after 30 games and they still trail Gyokeres’ total for the whole season. I would have expected the 3 of them to have surpassed him by now.

SkyblueTexan

yeah maybe, and to be fair I’ve been supportive of Simms so far and what he brings to the team, but today I didn’t see anything at all, he plays with the appearance of someone who can’t be arsed, which is fine if you back it up with something but I’m not sure he does…
Simms sucks. Plain and simple. Scores from an open goal situation in midweek and tells the fans to shut up. 4 goals only so far. What a lousy return.

fernandopartridge

Yeah it was a good save for Wrights too, but it was an easier chance than Palmer's and he really had to score it. Very bad miss.
The frustrating thing with Wright's is that he did the hardest bit which was cutting inside his man. It must be remembered that Gyokeres missed a lot of similar chances especially in his first full season.

pusbccfc

The frustrating thing with Wright's is that he did the hardest bit which was cutting inside his man. It must be remembered that Gyokeres missed a lot of similar chances especially in his first full season.

He's very good at turning in. Hard to predict as he often goes on his left.

Gyokeres missed loads of chances like that.

Users who are viewing this thread