Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (6 Viewers)

djr8369

Torp played well but keeping him on would have risked injury, given his lack of match fitness. Although Allen wasn't great, you can guarantee his work rate, which we needed, especially with 10 men.
If I remember rightly, our results were not good last season when Allen was captain. He doesn't come across as a natural leader. Think Kitching may have been a better choice or Bidwell.
He seems liked he hates doing media.

Gint11

I completely agree with Evo about us not playing to their strengths, however both could do

Not sure why, but that is the flattest our fans have.been for ages as an away support. .Might have been because we were next to their 'singers' or because Linden didn't have his drum. Regardless, we were quiet today. Team battled well against a decent team. Our forwards were a bit off it. The linesman was awful. Missed so many offsides due to his inability to keep up with play.

I was there and I thought the opposite tbf

pusbccfc

What a player O'Hare continues to prove he is.

He's been better than before the injury. Will be devastating when he goes.

Gint11

Agree with this. Some of our football at the start of the second half was sublime. Norwich are a good side on the up. No disgrace today at all. Sitting next to Norwich fans on the train home who were impressed with Palmer and that we kept going at them right to the end. PUSB

Bumped into a Norwich fan walking away from the ground and he said it’s the best away side he’s seen here all season.

djr8369

He was talking about not shaking wagners hand so he was also pissed about his pre match chat

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Yeah but also seemed a bit annoyed at the ref. It was interesting he said they’d caught him at a bad time as if something has just happened.

SkyblueTexan

What a player O'Hare continues to prove he is.

He's been better than before the injury. Will be devastating when he goes.
We need to push the boat out to get him re-signed and make him an offer he can’t refuse because it’s tough to find a replacement for him and we’re already light in numbers.

Mucca Mad Boys

Bumped into a Norwich fan walking away from the ground and he said it’s the best away side he’s seen here all season.
We lost to a very good team ant home and the game could’ve easily went our way. There’s no reason to panic.

Gint11

We lost to a very good team ant home and the game could’ve easily went our way. There’s no reason to panic.

Im agreeing with you but part of me thinks this is the weakest Norwich team I’ve seen in a few years. They were vulnerable today and with a better approach first half, we could have taken these today.

In saying that, we should have been 0-2 up and would have gone on so it’s fine margins as always.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we are involved in the play offs this season, a) because I think we peaked too early, and

b) because (and I’ve been a bit confused with people saying we’ve got a stronger squad this season) at the minute we’ve got a fair few of our players looking out on their feet (eg Saka, Bidwell, MVE) a few not up to full fitness (eg Wright, Torp), and a few off the pace a bit (eg Simms, Godden, JDS when he plays, Eccles last game and a bit), yet we don’t appear to have much depth / quality to replace them.

We seem to be at least one goal scoring centre-forward light, lacking replacements down the right, and we lose one player in midfield and it seems far easier to waltz through it.

I’m not knocking what we’re doing, it’s a season of consolidation and building again, and there’s always a chance given where we are, which would be a bonus - one loss doesn’t make or break a season, but ultimately I think our lack of depth will be our downfall in terms of the playoffs this season - shame we didn’t strengthen in January to take advantage of our position but I’m sure there are good reasons for it..

Let’s be realistic though, the team have done well to get to where they are so far and we’re more than competitive this year so let’s just sit back and enjoy the ride

robbiethemole

I fail to see what DaSilva brings to the side, never seems to get forward enough to contribute and is weak and too small defensively.
Simms need a good kick up the fucking arse to get him mad, looks so disinterested most of the time.
I think we're going to fall just short this time, which is a pity as there's no guarantee we'll get there next year

hamertime

Not sure why, but that is the flattest our fans have.been for ages as an away support. .Might have been because we were next to their 'singers' or because Linden didn't have his drum. Regardless, we were quiet today. Team battled well against a decent team. Our forwards were a bit off it. The linesman was awful. Missed so many offsides due to his inability to keep up with play.
Might have been that it’s the shittest transfer window and they feel deflated, I know I do.

The support of fans this season has been phenomenal, home and away the best in the league. For the club not to back Robins more in this window for me is a big mistake. The season is in danger of petering out and I think we all know it.

Chris1987

Might have been that it’s the shittest transfer window and they feel deflated, I know I do.

The support of fans this season has been phenomenal, home and away the best in the league. For the club not to back Robins more in this window for me is a big mistake. The season is in danger of petering out and I think we all know it.
You don't know that the club haven't backed Robins. Pure speculation

pusbccfc

The noise this season is well down on last year.

Today was dreadful. The away end is what we take the piss out of at home matches.

In previous years, if we had gone down to 10 men the fans would have been louder than ever getting behind the players. Not a peep after the red.

SkyblueTexan

Im agreeing with you but part of me thinks this is the weakest Norwich team I’ve seen in a few years. They were vulnerable today and with a better approach first half, we could have taken these today.

In saying that, we should have been 0-2 up and would have gone on so it’s fine margins as always.
Our game management at 1-0 up could have been better. Slow the tempo down, bring subs in, shithouse etc. Obviously had Wright scored to make it 2-0 it would have been much easier. Wright, Simms and Godden put together still cannot match Gyokeres' scoring output. That says something.

Chris1987

Our game management at 1-0 up could have been better. Slow the tempo down, bring subs in, shithouse etc. Obviously had Wright scored to make it 2-0 it would have been much easier. Wright, Simms and Godden put together still cannot match Gyokeres' scoring output. That says something.
Yes that says that previously we had an exceptional player as has had been proven with his move.

Users who are viewing this thread