Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Once we were down to ten it was a matter of time. It happens.

One of the substitutions played a part in the red.

If Bidwell was on, there would have been no red card.

pusbccfc

Sheaf out for up to 2 months...

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Don’t get the Simms/Palmer comparisons, they’re different players in different positions with different skill sets.

People need to get on board with Simms. Criticism is based on unrealistic expectations or pure bias.
There is a absolutely no comparison. One works his socks off and the other is Ellis Simms.

JohnWH

Bummed about the result. Thought it was an open, entertaining game. Could benefit from some better individual moments and decision making, bit of good luck here and there as well as a bit of bad luck as well. Before the game started this was always going to be tough to get any result, and was glad it looked promising until Norwich kept pushing at their level and got back in the game. 10 v 11 is just unrealistic to maintain the normal team rhythm and Robins took some gambles that ultimately didn't work out. Again, bummer. We weren't smashed or dominated in any respect, and arguably still could have squeaked a draw if a moment or two luck occurred.

Sure wish a few forum members here would SERIOUSLY calm down. Cannot win every game, vitriolic comments about players is exhausting to constantly read.

Gint11

First half we were a little deep and half a second slower than them. Whilst nothing clear cut happened, they were knocking. We just looked half arsed and too nice at times.

2nd half we were better then scored. Then the moment - Wright chance. Great save but if that goes in, 0-2. Then they scored a soft goal out of nowhere and then the red. Game over.

Our ball retention was poor overall but it was a tight game. I thought we’d get beat tbf. Go again next week.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I don’t think Simms could give a shit if we win or loose. I want to see him fucking knackered huffing and puffing from closing down. I’ve never seen a bead of sweat on him.
Agreed. But don't use the L _ _ _ tag unless you're prepared for Astute's " you're a racist" rant.

pusbccfc

Random. I'm sure I sure Wagner going round talking to our players and shaking hands (for example).

Who did he mean?

Feels like possibly something has happened in the tunnel.

He said he needed to he careful about what he says.

TomRad85

I completely agree with Evo about us not playing to their strengths, however both could do way way more. I think we need a different kind of striker there tbh, someone with better touch for starters.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I completely agree with Evo about us not playing to their strengths, however both could do way way more. I think we need a different kind of striker there tbh, someone with better touch for starters.

We’ll see one on Valentine’s Day

JulianDarbyFTW

Random. I'm sure I sure Wagner going round talking to our players and shaking hands (for example).

Who did he mean?
He's furious at the disrespect shown before the game, i.e. the sexy club and not a big club comments, and that they (assume Wagner and staff) didn't shake his hand after the game.

pusbccfc

All three of our strikers are very poor with the ball at their feet. They've all got big weaknesses.

TomRad85

Would hate to have to rely on our squad for a scrap in the tunnel.

Only really be Palmer and Kitching (and he was already in the changing rooms).
Kitching and Thomas body the Norwich squad by themselves tbh

tommy hutch legend

Why? Hulls game in hand is against Southampton

Allen was quite poor and should have gone rather than Torp even if Torp was tired, he was still streets ahead of Allen.
Bidwell was below par but ultimately taking him off didn't work at all.
Palmer was very good on the ball but his final ball had me throwing myself around the living room.
There's the breakdown.

Thought Kelly should of come on for Allen when 1-0 up and torp should have been left on .
I'm logging off in a sec then

JulianDarbyFTW

We also let them kick fuck out of us on the pitch but just took it like it was a strange kink.
Just listening to it now. He's really not happy. Says 2 game ban, but thinks it was 2 yellows - Winchy said it was a straight red, but Robins said he's been told already it's a 2 game ban. Sheaf out for 6-8 weeks.

Mucca Mad Boys

Just one game too many, we look like a tired team.

Sakamoto & MVE looked particular lethargic - neither players played badly but nowhere near 100%. They need a rest.

Simms got a lot of stick today and he wasn’t very involved but again, there’s not a lot of service. Frustrated Wright hasn’t took the chance at 1-0 but it was a good save.

Torp is looking like a really good signing, as soon as we get him fully match fit, the league will be put on notice.

Users who are viewing this thread