Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (3 Viewers)

slowpoke

Got a bad feeling about today. Hope we are much better than Tuesday night...2-0
I’m sure we will be. Sheaf going off didn’t help and putting Joel on instead of Torp didn’t work I think we’ll win today

pusbccfc

Is The Waterfront still open?

Tommo1993

Can remember that outrageously overrated Max Aarons flying through Ryan Giles as he put that cross in that eventually fell to Biamou.

SkyBlueSoul

Torp Allen and Wright starting
Allen is the one confusing me, can only really be for Eccles or O'Hare and neither is ideal. Robins has suggested Eccles needs a rest but I'm guessing it's for O'Hare and we're going for a flatter 3 in midfield to try and stodge things up a bit? I'd put Simms up top as well, so guessing he'll go with

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Allen Torp Eccles
Saka Simms Wright

rather than

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Allen Torp
Saka O'Hare Wright
Simms

Great_Expectations

Appreciate all Godden has done, great servant and an incredible goal scoring record etc etc etc.

But, and even regardless of recent anonymity, this isn’t a game for him. We’re going to need to occupy their defenders, hold up the ball and counter fast - none of those tactics scream Godden.

Blind-Faith

Time For Eccles to step up today, as another poster on here said ( I can’t remember who it was ) , he now needs to start running games in the centre of the park and dominating the game. With Sheaf out for over a month this is the perfect opportunity for him to do it.

mrtrench

Yes but the abuse is unfair.

If there is abuse then it is wrong but I haven't seen it. I have seen and written fair comment that he's no longer adding anything to the team. Maybe it's a bad patch and he will come good again. But there is no denying he has performed badly for weeks, possibly months.

curly_tom

Godden shouldn't start today. If true that Allen is starting, might it be in place of Palmer? I think he might go for a box-ish midfield with 2 up top. Simms and Wright as a two?

MikeyMoo

No abuse here. Godden a legend. I just suspect he's not in our best XI atm, and our best XI will turn out for SW. So Godden to start today.

AFCCOVENTRY

The comments on Godden are completely valid.

1. There is no doubt Godden has been critical to our rise. His goals have been invaluable. His name is in the Sky Blue history book.

2. Age has caught up with him to be a Championship level player. That’s not a criticism but reality of a player who has lost a yard or two of pace. Every game you can see what he’s thinking but he can never get to the ball quick enough.

3. It now makes no sense Simms is on the bench. We’ve invested big money in him and he should start every game ahead of Godden in the run in. Against Bristol you saw how much more he offered than Godden.

4. As a squad player and back up is his role for me this season now.

Users who are viewing this thread