Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Obviously it wasn't ideal but if certain moves didn't work out I can understand not buying just anyone just for numbers

Let's use likes of tavares and see how it goes
Thing is he’s suggesting using the academy to make up the numbers if we needed to. If it’s that or a less optimal loan I’d rather the latter

napolimp

David Wagner's Huddersfield team were horrible, might have the record for staying up in the PL with the fewest points and goals scored 9 wins and just 28 goals/

He's a shit manager. He doesn't have a good record anywhere except Young Boys, and even there he probably underperformed.

Macca

Some selected excerpts from Robins' pre match interview...

First and foremost, its disappointing we couldn’t get him in and have him now because we needed players and quality in and we’re probably a little bit light.

We’re a little bit light in number and quality and we could have done with a few more players in.

We are operating on a thin squad and when you get an injury like ben sheaf it has an impact, so we have to hope we can keep everyone fit to maintain a challenge this season.

We’ve got what we have, and we will work with a really good talented group of players, albeit a few light in my opinion

We will have to use the young players from the academy if we need to do that. We did that at the start of the season, and we will go to that if we need to

Not exactly a seal of approval on our transfer business.

I’m sure he would have wanted another attacking option. Don’t forget though we didn’t get to the play offs being spectacular last season just a tough nut to crack. Our mission needs to be to deny our rivals 3 points like tomorrow and gather the wind against lesser opposition

pusbccfc

shepardo01

It was at this point last season (17 games left) that we went on a run of losing only ONE game (Stoke at home 0-4) until the end of the season.
Have we got anything like that in us this season as it stands with the squad as it is?

Brighton Sky Blue

It was at this point last season (17 games left) that we went on a run of losing only ONE game (Stoke at home 0-4) until the end of the season.
Have we got anything like that in us this season as it stands with the squad as it is?
We built a lot of that form on a tight defence. Recently started giving away some really poor goals which will need to change

shepardo01

Were on a run of 12 unbeaten…
Yes I know...to put it in perspective - we actually ended the season with one loss in 20 (draw Vs Boro - win Vs Boro - draw Vs Luton)
I'd take one defeat in the next 8, equalling that run from last season..... But as I said, with the loss of Sheaf and our current squad, can we do it!??..... Would be some achievement!!

shmmeee

Yes I know...to put it in perspective - we actually ended the season with one loss in 20 (draw Vs Boro - win Vs Boro - draw Vs Luton)
I'd take one defeat in the next 8, equalling that run from last season..... But as I said, with the loss of Sheaf and our current squad, can we do it!??..... Would be some achievement!!

I said before. I can see us losing one or maybe two more all season. Still can.

skyblue_55

Let’s put these to bed tomorrow, as the players need to put a good performance in , before we have another crack at Wednesday . Norwich 0 Super Skyblues 2

fernandopartridge

We really need to up our performance level when compared with the last three games, we've not created much in those games

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Not sure I fully get the clamour to start Wright, he looked off the pace on Tuesday. Defensively he was sloppy too and left us exposed down our left side a few times.

It’s understandable as he’s been out for a while so isn’t going to be immediately match sharp but I’d go eotj almer again and give Wright a solid 30 or so, plus a start next Tuesday.

I’d go Torp next to Eccles too. He’s looked way more sharp and up to speed than I expected all things considered. He also gives some creativity from the middle, a Eccles/Lati pairing doesn’t.

Draw is a good result and a win rectifies the points dropped on Tuesday. I’d worry a loss would be a bit of confidence and momentum killer, when coupled with a lack of reinforcements in Jan and in injured Sheaf.

1-2 (Palmer, Simms) we’ll start well, take the lead then go into defensive mode for what will feel like an eternity.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Saka looked tired on Tuesday. It’s about load management. He’s played every minute in the league since the start of December.

So should Mark Robins leave him out of the squad tomorrow ?

fernandopartridge

Not sure I fully get the clamour to start Wright, he looked off the pace on Tuesday. Defensively he was sloppy too and left us exposed down our left side a few times.

It’s understandable as he’s been out for a while so isn’t going to be immediately match sharp but I’d go eotj almer again and give Wright a solid 30 or so, plus a start next Tuesday.

I’d go Torp next to Eccles too. He’s looked way more sharp and up to speed than I expected all things considered. He also gives some creativity from the middle, a Eccles/Lati pairing doesn’t.

Draw is a good result and a win rectifies the points dropped on Tuesday. I’d worry a loss would be a bit of confidence and momentum killer, when coupled with a lack of reinforcements in Jan and in injured Sheaf.

1-2 (Palmer, Simms) we’ll start well, take the lead then go into defensive mode for what will feel like an eternity.
He's a goal threat, something Palmer just isn't

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Chris1987

Collins
Bidwell
Kitching
Thomas
MVE
Lati
Eccles
O'Hare
Wright
Simms
Palmer

Give Saka half an hour or so unless the game is done. Would be happy with a draw.
That midfield does little. Torp for Lati or were back to sideways slow passing.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Obviously we don’t have the info he does.

But if he’s fatigued I’d much rather he misses a game/60 mins now than get injured for 2 months.

I’d also rather he gets a rest than constantly play at 75% for the rest of the season.

In the days before the premier league and the squad's of only about 15 first team players and only 2 subs, player's in teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man United would play 60 game's a season, winning all the trophies, they never got fatigued.

Chris1987

In the days before the premier league and the squad's of only about 15 first team players and only 2 subs, player's in teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man United would play 60 game's a season, winning all the trophies, they never got fatigued.
The game was different though. Much slower and fitness levels were way below what they are now.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The game was different though. Much slower and fitness levels were way below what they are now.
Agree the game today has more intensity.

"Fitness levels were way below what they are now"

But we're able to play 60 game's a season !

skybluecam

And they all smoked like chimneys and drank like fish, and would get thrashed by the athletes of today.

fatso

Obviously we don’t have the info he does.

But if he’s fatigued I’d much rather he misses a game/60 mins now than get injured for 2 months.

I’d also rather he gets a rest than constantly play at 75% for the rest of the season.
Who said he's fatigued? Is that literally just based on one random opinion of how he played on Tuesday?

skybluecam

He's played 1 game since Jan 13th.
Are you seriously suggesting that training is making him unfit for matches???
He’s played 2 (180 mins)
Who said he's fatigued? Is that literally just based on one random opinion of how he played on Tuesday?
Robins said he was knackered last Friday and didn’t even name him in the squad. He then played 90 mins Tuesday and looked leggy in my opinion.

Obviously the club will have all the data and his feedback but I’d be very surprised if that isn’t all saying he’s fatigued.

Users who are viewing this thread