Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Talking about Palmer playing wide right or putting MVE out of position just to give Sakamoto a rest is exactly why we needed at least one player in yesterday

fernandopartridge

I’m not convinced that MVE can play RW. He’s a better defender than he is attacker imo. Good link up with Sakamoto but tends to be Sakamoto who is beating men and delivering the balls into the box while MVE is more of a support man. He’s got a good shot on him though so might chip in with a few if he plays further forward.

He's most effective on the overlap - i'm not sure why people on here are obsessed with fixing one perceived problem by creating another one!

skybluecam

Some selected excerpts from Robins' pre match interview...

First and foremost, its disappointing we couldn’t get him in and have him now because we needed players and quality in and we’re probably a little bit light.

We’re a little bit light in number and quality and we could have done with a few more players in.

We are operating on a thin squad and when you get an injury like ben sheaf it has an impact, so we have to hope we can keep everyone fit to maintain a challenge this season.

We’ve got what we have, and we will work with a really good talented group of players, albeit a few light in my opinion

We will have to use the young players from the academy if we need to do that. We did that at the start of the season, and we will go to that if we need to

Not exactly a seal of approval on our transfer business.

hamertime

Germans tend to say things to the point, the nuances don't exist as much in their language as ours so they don't translate very well.

Personally I think we're a big club for the Championship, but maybe compared to money clubs who have recently been in the PL we are punching above our weight and have been for a little while.
We’ve not been relevant for a very long time people from outside this country probably have no idea about our history that’s all.

SkyblueTexan

Didn’t expect much from our away matches at Sunderland and Boro recently and was pleasantly surprised at the outcomes. Hope for more of the same at Norwich which would be really be a big statement.

The Great Eastern

Try the Murderer’s on Timber Hill, great pub and away friendly.
The Murderers also known as the Gardeners Arms depending on which side of the pub sign you're looking at. Former landlord offed his wife and DIDN'T get executed as he claimed his wife was a bad 'un.
I've used the pub many times and it's well known for it's great selection of real ales.

Matt smith

Think a loss tomorrow

rest all the main players for Sheffield Wednesday, don’t play that strong a team, the cup doesn’t matter really that much, although of course I want us to progress as far as we can

Then pick up a win against Millwall in the league to maintain momentum.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Didn’t expect much from our away matches at Sunderland and Boro recently and was pleasantly surprised at the outcomes. Hope for more of the same at Norwich which would be really be a big statement.
Sheaf been our best player for weeks
Need a few others to excel
Can’t see us avoiding a defeat

skybluecam

Collins
Bidwell
Kitching
Thomas
MVE
Lati
Eccles
O'Hare
Wright
Simms
Palmer

Give Saka half an hour or so unless the game is done. Would be happy with a draw.

Essexrobbie

I remember at our place they were so boring and negative, playing out for a point from the first whistle. Perhaps with their supporters urging them forward it might be a bit more of a game.

fernandopartridge

David Wagner's Huddersfield team were horrible, might have the record for staying up in the PL with the fewest points and goals scored 9 wins and just 28 goals/

skybluecam

Allen starts for me cam
Assuming Torp isn't in contention to start yet it's between Lati and Allen, just think away from home I'd prefer the defensive qualities Lati offers.

The only game Sheaf has missed since switching to 4 at the back was boxing day, Lati played and we won.

Matt smith

You think O'Hare gets dropped?

Also Kelly surely agpheadvof Latibeaudiere. I like Latibeaudiere but not really in midfield. He's a good central defender but not convinced by him elsewhere.
No I’d play Allen deeper with Eccles

Torp after 55/60

Matt smith

Assuming Torp isn't in contention to start yet it's between Lati and Allen, just think away from home I'd prefer the defensive qualities Lati offers.

The only game Sheaf has missed since switching to 4 at the back was boxing day, Lati played and we won.
Yeah fair argument

TomRad85

Collins
MVE, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles, Torp
O'Hare
Sakamoto, Simms, Wright

Palmer and Godden come on for Wright and Saka in a front 3 shuffle, Kelly comes on for Torp.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

Feel like the optimism has been sucked out of this season a bit with not boosting the squad short term
Not sure about that. Torp looks the business, and the Posh winger for next season. I think the O'Hare contract, 3 mediocre performances against teams we should beat and Sheaf's injury had led to this slight dip in spirit.

Matt smith

Not sure about that. Torp looks the business, and the Posh winger for next season. I think the O'Hare contract, 3 mediocre performances against teams we should beat and Sheaf's injury had led to this slight dip in spirit.
Sheaf injury massively. I actually thought Bristol were a good side.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I would play Kelly.

Will be a hard match but let's also stop writing the game off before we've even kicked a ball!

Yes play Kelly but what concerns me is he's lack of match fitness.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If Saka needs a rest I’d play Palmer (at least for 60 mins) on the right.

"If Sakamoto needs a rest " he had a rest against SW in the cup game. And if he had played in that game we would have won the game and not had to play a replay and then he could put his feet up next week.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Saka had a rest against sheffield Wednesday, he's only played 1 game in a fortnight, how much more of a rest does he need?

You beat me to it. 👍

Hertsccfc

Saka had a rest against sheffield Wednesday, he's only played 1 game in a fortnight, how much more of a rest does he need?
You think the players don't do anything between games? Recent experience with Wright and Sheaf suggests the risk of overplaying players.

covcity4life

Some selected excerpts from Robins' pre match interview...

First and foremost, its disappointing we couldn’t get him in and have him now because we needed players and quality in and we’re probably a little bit light.

We’re a little bit light in number and quality and we could have done with a few more players in.

We are operating on a thin squad and when you get an injury like ben sheaf it has an impact, so we have to hope we can keep everyone fit to maintain a challenge this season.

We’ve got what we have, and we will work with a really good talented group of players, albeit a few light in my opinion

We will have to use the young players from the academy if we need to do that. We did that at the start of the season, and we will go to that if we need to

Not exactly a seal of approval on our transfer business.
Obviously it wasn't ideal but if certain moves didn't work out I can understand not buying just anyone just for numbers

Let's use likes of tavares and see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread