Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (1 Viewer)

HadjiChippo

They have signed Sydney van Hooijdonk on loan from Bologna, who is supposed to be class.
Averaged basically a goal every other game for Herenveen. The Eredivisie can be weird though, either world class or go elsewhere and cant hit a barn door :ROFLMAO:

SkyblueTexan

Van Hooijdonk has joined Norwich. Hope he is not ready to face us.

Yank

Van Hooijdonk has joined Norwich. Hope he is not ready to face us.
Think it will be tight for him to make the starting xi already, but think good chance will be on the bench for sure.Seems like a pretty good player.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looking forward to going to Norwich - always feel like I'm going back a couple of decades compared to most parts of the country. Their inhabitants always exude a 'niceness' about them. Few beers in town pre-match, then just need the football gods to help out.

Gint11

I’m going Saturday too! Tick off Carrow road for me too. Not confident about a result though. No reason other than feeling like we never win there

edgy

Averaged basically a goal every other game for Herenveen. The Eredivisie can be weird though, either world class or go elsewhere and cant hit a barn door :ROFLMAO:

Indicates his good spell previously was down to the players around him, more than him being able to produce the goods where-ever he goes.

MikeyMoo

Not writing it off just suspicious - Godden will play, best players rested for SW as we’ve a realistic chance of FA cup QF payday.

HadjiChippo

Indicates his good spell previously was down to the players around him, more than him being able to produce the goods where-ever he goes.
Far too small a sample size to say something like that. In terms of his record, the Bologna spell was the outlier. Scored goals at Both Breda and Herenveen.

Plus just looked up the minutes he played in that Bologna spell and it’s laughable. 1 game over an hour, 1 58 min appearance and the rest 3-15 minute cameos, in a top 5 league at 23, just needs development hence the loan deal.

mrtrench

Surely we cannot start Godden again? He's completely out of his depth the last few games. Maybe it's the new formation but he's not able to hold up the ball or latch onto Vik-punts. He needs balls along the floor into the box as he slips his defender and the offside trap. If we are not going to do that it's like playing with ten men.

Yes, Simms still hasn't found his shooting boots. But at least he can do something with the ball when he receives it.

napolimp

I think Saka needs a rest. Maybe start: -

Collins
Latibeaudiere - Thomas - Kitching - Bidwell
Eccles - Torp
MVE - O'hare - Wright
Simms

edgy

Saka does need a rest but as we isn't address the situation yesterday, he'll play again. That's because there is no one within a country mile of him for that position.

I don't think Wright will start yet either. Looked lost when he came on the other day and seemed to neglect his defensive duties.

We are very limited now on how we line up. Only spot up for grabs is Simms/Godden.

Boicey

Saka does need a rest but as we isn't address the situation yesterday, he'll play again. That's because there is no one within a country mile of him for that position.

I don't think Wright will start yet either. Looked lost when he came on the other day and seemed to neglect his defensive duties.

We are very limited now on how we line up. Only spot up for grabs is Simms/Godden.
Allen could be in the mix somewhere. Especially if we want to pack the midfield. Maybe with a lone striker (Simms).

Offhegoes

Thought Palmer was our best player in the 1st half vs Bristol . He does run out of gas, but I would start him tomorrow.
Simms for Godden, and Kelly for Sheaf for me tomorrow. Allen in CM away from home won't work,

Il Pirata

Who the fuck does he think he is ? Carrot crunching German c**t.
Germans tend to say things to the point, the nuances don't exist as much in their language as ours so they don't translate very well.

Personally I think we're a big club for the Championship, but maybe compared to money clubs who have recently been in the PL we are punching above our weight and have been for a little while.

SeaSeeEffCee

I think Saka needs a rest. Maybe start: -

Collins
Latibeaudiere - Thomas - Kitching - Bidwell
Eccles - Torp
MVE - O'hare - Wright
Simms
I’m not convinced that MVE can play RW. He’s a better defender than he is attacker imo. Good link up with Sakamoto but tends to be Sakamoto who is beating men and delivering the balls into the box while MVE is more of a support man. He’s got a good shot on him though so might chip in with a few if he plays further forward.

CV22SBA

Looking forward to going to Norwich - always feel like I'm going back a couple of decades compared to most parts of the country. Their inhabitants always exude a 'niceness' about them. Few beers in town pre-match, then just need the football gods to help out.
Yeah agree. Always a nice atmosphere around the pubs before the game with fans mixing.
One thing my lad pointed out last season is that he's never seen so many people wearing the club shirt. Literally every pub we went into 80% of the people had the Norwich top on.

Gleneagles65

Coach and Horses and the Waterside I think are the only away pubs now. Don't even bother with Riverside for a beer, little to no chance.
Won’t let away fans in by the riverside. Coach and Horses gets rammed early. The Bell near Timber Hill is cheap and cheerful.

nunchuckas

Won’t let away fans in by the riverside. Coach and Horses gets rammed early. The Bell near Timber Hill is cheap and cheerful.
The Adrian Flux Waterfront was ideal last season, sunny day, big beer garden by the river full of City fans, singing at the Norwich fans in the Spoons the other side of the river, only they all got told off for trying to sing back

Last edited:

TomRad85

Tbh I'm pretty confident we'll get something from this as I've finally freed up some time to travel up for a game the following weekend vs Millwall. First one in a little while so I'm confident that will be when our run comes to end.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread