Match Thread Northampton v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 28th Jan (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

The survival of the club has to be paramount.

How is dropping down yet another division doing anything other than lessening the chances of the club's survival?

The lower we fall the more likelihood of no Coventry City at all.
Otis we are being slowly killed the life is being sucked out of us!!

dadgad

The survival of the club has to be paramount.

How is dropping down yet another division doing anything other than lessening the chances of the club's survival?

Because change begets change.
This is a rule of physics. ;)

letsallsingtogether

,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not forgetting the 7 Northampton who beat the fuck into the old boy outside the social club ,
And the 2 pubs today thstvwerecattacked by Northapton fans growing bottles at City families.
But it is only us that get the blame, from would you believe our own.

lifeskyblue

Flares are illegal at sports events other than sea related stuff & parachuting. Pitch invasions are illegal too. So if you're breaking the law...you are in effect disturbing that peace you mention.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Possession of Flares may well be illegal but invading a pitch is not. It may infringe certain football rules and if not peaceful may lead to arrest but taking to a field of play is not in and of itself illegal.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

I whine when people disrupt matches yes. What's the problem with that?

Try not to wank them off too hard will you.
Why would I want to wank them off Nick ?
If I was to wank anyone off it would be you as you are the biggest tool;)

Nick

Administrator
And the 2 pubs today thstvwerecattacked by Northapton fans growing bottles at City families.
But it is only us that get the blame, from would you believe our own.

Why can't people realise that multiple people can be blamed?

It isn't hard is it?

People throwing bottles at families = pricks
People throwing smoke bombs and running on the pitch = pricks

Couldn't give a shit about own or not. The same as if it was city fans throwing bottles and northampton fans throwing smoke bombs, both pricks. The "our own" stuff doesn't hold up or excuse anything.

Just because some northampton fans were twats, it doesnt mean some CCFC fans arent.

ecky

What did Wigan fans think? What do opposition fans think?

What will gradually start to happen when it disrupts matches?

People are sympathetic until it starts ruining matches they have paid money to go and watch, that's when they get pissed off.
Stop keep blaming fellow supporters Nick.

We all have different ways of venting our anger some peaceful some not, Sisu have driven many over the edge where something drastic has to happen.

Points deductions, closed doors, away fans banned comes with the territory of being owned by people who have utter contempt for their customers.

And yes things will escalate......

Nick

Administrator

We all have different ways of venting our anger some peaceful some not, Sisu have driven many over the edge where something drastic has to happen.

Points deductions, closed doors, away fans banned comes with the territory of being owned by people who have utter contempt for their customers.

Is it not fellow supports disrupting matches then?

ecky

Ist half stats

Possession
Home54%
Away46%
Shots
Home3
Away1
Shots on Target
Home2
Away0
Corners
Home1
Away2
Fouls
Home6
Away6

GaryPendrysEyes

This type of protest (and it is a protest) absolutely has the most impact through to the FL, FA and media. And of course it puts Sisu in the spotlight, which they dont like given how they were flapping about last time.
As to Nick talking about locking up, life banning Cov fans for protesting [in amongst digs at the Trust]- you truly are a traitorous prick.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Back the team, protest against the owners.

Surely that should be the one clear main factor in any protest.

Of course the club could be hurt as a result for some actions, but it shouldn't be the aim. Throwing flares on the pitch ONLY hurts the club and no-one else.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it's the right or the wrong thing to do, but I bet you all you like that this disruption will gain media attention. That is the point of a protest, no?

And there are many, many fans who believe that relegation will somehow encourage SISU to sell up. There are also many fans that no longer care about our league position or even our existence as a club.

Removing SISU is priority number one for many and takes precedence over all other aspects of supporting the team.

I never used to agree with 'this sort of thing', but frankly I've fucking had enough of it all now. Fuck 'em all.

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
This type of protest (and it is a protest) absolutely has the most impact through to the FL, FA and media. And of course it puts Sisu in the spotlight, which they dont like given how they were flapping about last time.
As to Nick talking about locking up, life banning Cov fans for protesting [in amongst digs at the Trust]- you truly are a traitorous prick.

It isnt just for protesting is it?

Gazolba

<snip>

<snip>.
If you argue with your wife and you punch her in the face, it's no defence to say she 'drove you over the edge'. Adults have to control themselves.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not saying it's the right or the wrong thing to do, but I bet you all you like that this disruption will gain media attention. That is the point of a protest, no?

And there are many, many fans who believe that relegation will somehow encourage SISU to sell up. There are also many fans that no longer care about our league position or even our existence as a club.

Removing SISU is priority number one for many and takes precedence over all other aspects of supporting the team.

I never used to agree with 'this sort of thing', but frankly I've fucking had enough of it all now. Fuck 'em all.

PUSB

Yes, probably the same fans who said admin would get rid of them and that relegation before would get rid of them. The ones who think SISU will be fined also.

letsallsingtogether

and this is where we are now people just doing their own protests now.
No body will know what is happening until it happens there individuals have done it on their own not telling anyone.

Otis

PUSB
But surely coming on the pitch at half time and sitting in the centre circle would be a better option for instance.

Delays the second half, but doesn't disrupt the game.

letsallsingtogether

Any way back to the game it didnt look a sending off from the hill.
I think he was unfortunate to get sent off.

Colin Steins Smile

Whatever, our feelings about the actions of our fans today. The one point that is undeniable is that they passionately CARE about this club and whilst some may think it's misdirected passsion, they now represent the decreasingly lower number of CCFC fans
Most have now shrugged their shoulders and given up on the club. That is the most worrying thing NOT the spats today

peeler

Whatever, our feelings about the actions of our fans today. The one point that is undeniable is that they passionately CARE about this club and whilst some may think it's misdirected passsion, they now represent the decreasingly lower number of CCFC fans
Most have now shrugged their shoulders and given up on the club. That is the most worrying thing NOT the spats today

Yep, but don't expect Nick to understand.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Flares is a step too far
BUT I wonder when football authorities will sit up and take action as there are protests at virtually every game. Fans are more than fed up they feel betrayed by those who have the authority over the game.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll only take notice in the form of addressing the matter and issuing us with another fine or worse

Users who are viewing this thread