Northampton Town (FA Cup) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

kdrinkell

FFS so much for looking at us going up
Swindon we were sh!t and today who the fuk thought of playing Connor even though he isn't fully fit,maybe the same person who drummed up short corners after every cnut got in the box to then lose posession

shmmeee

So if RCC had of played do you really believe there would have been a different result,?

Yes. Would've plucked the cross for at least the second out of the air.

Once we went 2-1 down they put everyone behind the ball and we as always couldn't break them down. We would've broken quicker and lost the ball less and the defence would've been happier moving further up the pitch allowing Fleck and JOB to do more damage in their half.

blueflint

Sorry to be blunt, but how could we put our 'best team' out today? And by logic, that would dictate we include the loan players anyway (even though we couldn't), so I'm not sure what you're getting at, mate.
I'm getting at a team made up of your best players and all of them contracted to the club not rocket science is it i know we aren't at that point now but who's fault is that

Grendel

No way would he have caught the second goal

Why you keep defending the worst goalkeeper I've seen for over 30 years is truly baffling.

He is dire and needs getting rid of.

Grendel

can't agree there bud bollocks is losing to a team a league below you

You do realise must successful teams in league one pack the team with loan players?

Sky Blue Pete

Not defending I was that end and there is no way rcc would have saved either goal. He would have been quicker in passing the ball out but not sure that would have given us more attacking options. He's a young lad Grendel who has some talent

Grendel

Not defending I was that end and there is no way rcc would have saved either goal. He would have been quicker in passing the ball out but not sure that would have given us more attacking options. He's a young lad Grendel who has some talent

He has no talent at all. Looking at the highlights I would fault him for the first goal.

If he never played again that would be too soon for me.

Young? Westwood had played 100 league games by his age.

SlowerThanPlatt

Burge, Phillips, Thomas, Fortune should be binned. Possibly Lameiras and Haynes but at least they show potential and have had good games

robbiethemole

Thomas foul leads to the goal and Burge leaves a cross 5 yards out, both need to be outed in Jan as well as MAF just hasn't got it anymore

robbiethemole

If RCC has a tweaked hammy, we need cover at GK asap. having Burge in goal is a major step back and I would sooner have CoCo the clown in there.

Grendel

I think tm would disagree and he's a better judge than you my friend

Would he? He preferred a player with far less experience the minute he seized his place in the team.

mechaishida

I'm getting at a team made up of your best players and all of them contracted to the club not rocket science is it i know we aren't at that point now but who's fault is that

Sorry, that's just backwards logic: we can't sign players for fees, and the free agent market is full of has-beens and mercenaries, so what do you suggest? Instead of waving your fist at SISU and lamenting our shit luck, try being realistic and productive in your arguments.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Yes. Would've plucked the cross for at least the second out of the air.

Once we went 2-1 down they put everyone behind the ball and we as always couldn't break them down. We would've broken quicker and lost the ball less and the defence would've been happier moving further up the pitch allowing Fleck and JOB to do more damage in their half.

Funny how RCC missed a couple of crosses on Tuesday yet no one gave him grief?
Not saying Burge is any good just saying I don't believe had RCC, our player that the score would have differed.
RCC struggled a bit on Tuesday himself funny that when your defence is struggling so does your keeper.

speedie87

Burge 5 not a lot to do spectator 2nd half
phillips 4 can't defend and lack of height doesn't help when defending set pieces
stokes 5 starting to look tired didn't have much to do at centre half
Martin 5 not the same player without reda poor on the ball 5
ricketts 6 best of the defense
fleck 6 playing with Thomas seemed to hold back more
thomas 5 some neat stuff and some careless stuff, when he goes fwd he looks lost
obrien 6 can't knock is effort
murphy 7 best player today by a long way
lamerias 4 poor!!!!
maf 3 even worse!

haynes 5 showed he still can't defend
sambou 6 looks pacy & lively
Lateef 5 seen him a few times in u21 and he's not good enough

blueflint

Sorry, that's just backwards logic: we can't sign players for fees, and the free agent market is full of has-beens and mercenaries, so what do you suggest? Instead of waving your fist at SISU and lamenting our shit luck, try being realistic and productive in your arguments.
not backwards logic just logic get us back to owning our team then build it better slowly but it can be done then i may reappear at games at home

SlowerThanPlatt

Aaron Martin 93rd minute too...crowd and players telling him to give the ball long to Murphy. Massively underhits the ball and gives it back to them. FFS

SlowerThanPlatt

14 games with Reda = 11 goals conceeded = 0.78 goals a game = 2 goals to win a game. 5 games without Reda = 9 goals conceeded = 1.8 goals a game = 3 goals to win a game.

Users who are viewing this thread