Northampton Town (FA Cup) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Northampton Town (FA Cup). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Northampton Town (FA Cup) </h2>
59144-3184.png

Ricoh Arena
3PM Kick Off
</div>

Philosorapter

Some days I wish I just lived closer. If there was a game to turn up to for fan atmosphere, its going to be this one.

tom88

RCC

Phillips
Martin
Ricketts
Haynes

Fleck
C.Thomas

Lameiras
O'Brien
Murphy (assuming Cole is cup tied)

Tudgay

Haynes in for Stokes as he needs and deserves a weeks rest.

Cov to win 3-0

georgehudson

i'd expect a reasonable attendance figure of around the 11,000 mark, especially considering the pricing of £15 & £5 for concessions

skybluelee

On the one hand TM will want to rest some of his key players, on the other hand he hasn't got a big enough squad to really be able to do so.

I suspect we will see an XI similar to that of the Yeovil game. We looked disjointed and uninterested and I fear a similar scenario on Saturday.

0-1, crowd of 5,500 City fans plus Northampton.

Grendel

Skyblueweeman

I think we'll scrap it 2-1 and will give some of the younger youngsters a run out.

Att 9,826 (9,825 if Otis isn't going. Not making that mistake again).

Grendel

On the one hand TM will want to rest some of his key players, on the other hand he hasn't got a big enough squad to really be able to do so.

I suspect we will see an XI similar to that of the Yeovil game. We looked disjointed and uninterested and I fear a similar scenario on Saturday.

0-1, crowd of 5,500 City fans plus Northampton.

Well we are pretty low on numbers. No Kent Cole Armstrong or Vincelot. Ideally you'd rest Ricketts and Stokes but there are few options to come in.

shmmeee

8k attendance.

1-1 Tudgay. We have the most of the game but no cutting edge. They score from a corner. Tudgay saves our blushes.

Team:

RCC
Philips Martin Harries Haynes
Thomas Fleck
Fortune Cole Lameiras
Tudgay

Skyblueweeman

I dont think we should under estimate and put a team full of kids out.

Fair comment but with the league undoubtedly our priority, I'd rather put out a team of kids if it meant ensuring that the likes of Fleck, JOB or Stokes etc don't pick up a long-term injury when it's a game that they could sit out without it affecting our main priority.

I concede though that gate revenue from a big 3rd round tie could help the playing staff budget for the 2nd half of the season.

shmmeee

I dont think we should under estimate and put a team full of kids out.

Just honestly don't care about the cups now the league is a real possibility. Sounds like the players were knackered yesterday so I'd rather have the likes of JOB, Stokes and Ricketts rested. Though that might be why he brought JOB off.

Maybe I've been playing too much Football Manager though after I ran Armstrong into the ground and he missed the last 3 months of the season.

chiefdave

Torn on this. We aren't going to win the FA Cup so on the one hand we might as well give some players a rest. On the other hand there's no point throwing away our unbeaten run and potentially missing out on money that would come in useful if we get to the 3rd round and a decent draw.

covcity4life

you might not care but mowbray does,and i think a big cup tie at some point this season would be brilliant for us, i will disapointed if we dont make 3rd round

for me

burge
phillips
martin
ricketts
haynes
fleck
thomas
cole
lameiries
job
tudgay or fortune or lateef as the ST

shmmeee

I suppose to be fair, it depends on player fitness, it's not like any of us have the physio reports to hand. If the likes of Ricketts, Fleck and JOB don't need a rest, then fair enough. But I still wouldn't force anyone through the game, like I think Stokes has been recently. Ricketts has played every game so far and is older than Cole.

skybluesam66

I would play cian harries at CB alongside ricketts
haynes and phillips at full back
burge in goal

thomas/fleck/lameiras/JOB in Mf

Tudgay/Fortune up top

covcity4life

also we got colchester 7 days alter with roughly same squad available. lets get the same 10 or 11 playing together in advance of the league game so that its not a case of finding our feet or struggling to flow on the 14th

give burge a game,thomas for suspended vincelot and haynes for stokes. other than that all the other starts should be the ones that will start vs colchester imo

tom88

Just had a look on NTFC forum and they are saying 1300 tickets sold as of yesterday afternoon

chiefdave

Just had a look on NTFC forum and they are saying 1300 tickets sold as of yesterday afternoon

Good effort. Linnell was saying last night some of thier fans think it will be their last ever game. Not sure things are quite at that stage yet.

hill83

We will do well to get 8K I think. I know several ST holders who aren't bothering with this one. Myself included #badfan

Add me to that list. I'll be in Berlin. My dad isn't going either.
I've got absolutely no interest in the cup. The early stages at least. It's all about the league. A few of the older lot will probably disagree but it is what it is. Obviously still hoping for a good performance and result. And fair play to the people that do go.

Grendel

Add me to that list. I'll be in Berlin. My dad isn't going either.
I've got absolutely no interest in the cup. The early stages at least. It's all about the league. A few of the older lot will probably disagree but it is what it is. Obviously still hoping for a good performance and result. And fair play to the people that do go.

No I'm older and I agree. I'd only go to a cup game in the latter stages or decent opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread