Northampton Town (FA Cup) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Dal

It wasn't no Kent or Armstrong that made the difference. It was no Vincelot and no RCC.

Armstrong would've done non better than Sambuo out there today. We can't break teams down.

Valid point but but still worried.

Otis

Mowbray really misses reda. And some people said he was overated lpl. #dontunderstandthegame
Reda missing has been a huge factor. Whether people rate him or not, we seem to do better when he's in the team and his presence is seemingly massive. Definitely a talisman.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well yep, not a shock at all. I wasn't there today, but when you analyse it, we were missing our number one keeper, our top goalscorer and our only true defensive midfielder in Vincelot too.

Then Tudgay and Cole were missing and Phillips got injured (if that's correct).

It was an uphill task. Thomas has hardly kicked a ball in anger in months and Burge was making mistakes before when he was in the team. There was seemingly little goalscoring threat available either.

No shock at all today unfortunately and it just reinforces the fact that we need more bodies in the squad.

Today, if you count Reda and Willis too, we had 8 players missing. Reda, Willis, RCC, Cole, Kent, Vincelot, Armstrong, Tudgay.

We can't function properly with so many out.

Don't forget Maddison

covcity4life

We have some weak links that we need to get out if first 11 and squad ideally. Was always gonna take time though

Phillips and burge out. Good cm back up and good st back up and its a HUGE upgrade of out chsnces long term to win promotion

SkyBlue_Bear83

We are weak at defending crosses and long balls without big Reda.

Too many weak links today, maybe you can get away with one or two but today we had at least 4 or 5

Grendel

Don't worry
wolves lost all their cup games In their promotion season.

It was Kirk Stephens - whose commentary skills matched his playing ability.

Grendel

We have some weak links that we need to get out if first 11 and squad ideally. Was always gonna take time though

Phillips and burge out. Good cm back up and good st back up and its a HUGE upgrade of out chsnces long term to win promotion

Sounds like RCC may now be out for a bit. Mowbray said we didn't miss him. Looks like we may be stuck with Burge.

stupot07

Anyone hear that Pete ranting on the radio. Wasn't even at the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sounds like RCC may now be out for a bit. Mowbray said we didn't miss him. Looks like we may be stuck with Burge.

Said it was tweaked hamstring, hopefully just precautionary.

A back 5 with Burge and Phillips and no Reda playing is the stuff of nightmares

Grendel

Problem is, you sign Reda up, you have to expect him to be missing for fair chunks of the season - goes with the territory!

The problem is with Willis out as well and Phillips clearly having the same defensive coach as Ryan Haynes we have only 3 genuine defenders - and one of them is in his first professional season.

You get the impression Cole was foisted on Mowbray and really we need defensive cover not some show pony whose not even capable of one 90 minute game a week.

stupot07

Problem is, you sign Reda up, you have to expect him to be missing for fair chunks of the season - goes with the territory!

Exactly, and that was my only reservation on re-signing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

According to CWR Burge did nothing wrong and kept us in the game with a world class save.

Wish I listened to it on the radio.
If standing on the line for crosses and a good blocking save makes him world class then I could have saved time and money by not going.
I suppose there was nothing wrong with the forward line.

MOM Murphy by far.

Grendel

letsallsingtogether

Tbf couldn't blame him for ether goal shocking defence, people go on about Reda but would he have rested him today even if he was fit?

Grendel

Tbf couldn't blame him for ether goal shocking defence, people go on about Reda but would he have rested him today even if he was fit?

Probably.

The worst result today would have been a draw.

Vincelot is a big miss and is back next week. Some concern that Lameires looks a poor signing and Fortune s big let down after a good first game.

A defeat today in isolation is no big deal.

letsallsingtogether

Vincelot missing was massive. As was RCC. As was Armstrong. Looked very weak without them.
So if RCC had of played do you really believe there would have been a different result,?

stupot07

Vincelot missing was massive. As was RCC. As was Armstrong. Looked very weak without them.

We're fooked if Newcastle recall him or not allow him to stay for the rest of the season.

Gazolba

If RCC is out long-term, who is the backup for Burge?

Users who are viewing this thread