North Stand petition (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

That's what block 25 is reserved for.

According to the club the health and safety bods won't allow that. Think they get referred to as the safety committee, not sure if that's part of the council or ACL. I have no idea why at every other club you only have to be separated by a couple of rows yet at the Ricoh it needs multiple blocks to be closed.

The safety committee are completely deluded. There have been many (ok a few) instances where the ground has been close to capacity and they have no choice than to segregate with just a couple of rows as opposed to half a stand. I would be happy in the south stand. Singers corner may be the choice for me next season now though.

The Reverend Skyblue

Pardon my ignorance but is it the North stand that 50 pence per ticket goes to Higgs Charity or is that just for those fantastic Wasps type team games.

Johnnythespider

I think it's a good idea to close the north but then again I don't sit there, I have to say though that I think the away fans should be moved, i would probably swap them with where the family zone is being set up and open up the whole south stand to home fans.

J

Jack Griffin

They should move the tv cameras around the other side. so you will see singers corner and the east stand IMO.

The TV cameras are sited wrongly in my opinion, at best they show a half full stand, they need to be on the other side of the pitch.

As for the North stand, the club should have stuck to their guns last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

pusbccfc

People still believe closing off the top would improve the atmosphere...

Remember when the singers corner group moved to the bottom? The atmosphere was shite. The noise drifted away.

ccfclinney

It makes no sense to open the whole ground when averaging under 10,000.. It's a waste of money and gets fans sitting together. Right decision in my opinion unless we are going to have 15.000 season ticket holders.. Next joke

chinamans view

The club wont save any money by closing any parts of the stadium, rent agreed over all games before season starts for all of the ground. Its therefore just trying to get a so called better atmosphere, Im sure moving the so called 100 people will make a massive difference too that. Also do all other clubs close there parts off, I don't think so. Lets get the atmosphere by getting a winning team this talk would then be irrelevant.

stupot07

The club wont save any money by closing any parts of the stadium, rent agreed over all games before season starts for all of the ground. Its therefore just trying to get a so called better atmosphere, Im sure moving the so called 100 people will make a massive difference too that. Also do all other clubs close there parts off, I don't think so. Lets get the atmosphere by getting a winning team this talk would then be irrelevant.

How many other clubs are currently occupying less than 25% of their capacity?even in our first season down, we only used an average of 33% of the capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

How many clubs have nearly 25,000 spare seats most of the time?

The more of the stadium that is open the more people they need to work there. It may not be a massive difference each game but over 23 games and cup games it could be a decent saving.

chinamans view

In that case we only need oneside open ,or perhaps you are with fisher and want a 10,000 seater stadium. most clubs in this (div ) don't half fill there grounds.
How many other clubs are currently occupying less than 25% of their capacity?even in our first season down, we only used an average of 33% of the capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Covstu

This move makes perfect sense, why spread (and have to manage) people accross an entire stadium when you can bring them all together. The JPT atmosphere was better for it, we have bigger issues to gripe about dont we?

NOT ONE NORTH STAND MORE!!!

ajsccfc

You will save money by closing part of the ground, same as you save money by not having the lights on in every room of your house.

chiefdave

In that case we only need oneside open ,or perhaps you are with fisher and want a 10,000 seater stadium. most clubs in this (div ) don't half fill there grounds.

Personally I'd rather there was 32K there every week but that's not going to happen any time soon so this makes complete sense. They've said its subject to demand so if people want more of the ground open persuade a few mates to come with you, turn up to every game instead of a handful etc. If the stands that are open are at capacity they'll be pretty quick to open the rest of the ground up.

stupot07

Ha ha yes I really really want a 10k seater with my mate fisher.

Johnnythespider

Ha ha yes I really really want a 10k seater with my mate fisher.

I think you might have 9,998 spare seats on your hands

stupot07

Well closing the North Stand worked a treat. The best atmosphere for a league game (bar The Gillingham return) I can remember for a long time.

Covstu

Well closing the North Stand worked a treat. The best atmosphere for a league game (bar The Gillingham return) I can remember for a long time.

Much improved wasn't it

Hobo

Football fans are creatures of habit and if you have always watched your team from behind the goal you will be disapointed at the closure of the North Stand.

But I believe after a few games those fans will start to appreciate how you have a better view of the match from the side.

Also the greater concentration of fans will provide the atmosphere you want and why you went behind the goal in the first place.

A fervent side end (as they used to be called) can be an imposing proposition for a visiting team. Potentially a bigger bank of fans.

Keep the faith

torchomatic

You're right, of course. I'd spent the last ten years behind the goal in the same seat in the North Stand. And, I'd spent God knows how many years before that at HR behind the goal. I was disappointed not to spend my eleventh season behind the goal but it's not the end of the world as I wasn't too concerned about moving.

The atmosphere was brilliant, my new seat is great with a good view.

Football fans are creatures of habit and if you have always watched your team from behind the goal you will be disapointed at the closure of the North Stand.

But I believe after a few games those fans will start to appreciate how you have a better view of the match from the side.

Also the greater concentration of fans will provide the atmosphere you want and why you went behind the goal in the first place.

A fervent side end (as they used to be called) can be an imposing proposition for a visiting team. Potentially a bigger bank of fans.

Keep the faith

rupert_bear

Why don't they consider having a couple of blocks open for school groups, introduce the club to youngsters who may come back and join the JSBs, surely better than being empty. Make a lot of noise too

stupot07

Why don't they consider having a couple of blocks open for school groups, introduce the club to youngsters who may come back and join the JSBs, surely better than being empty. Make a lot of noise too

I'm sure there's plenty of room in the east stand to do that. Would look ridiculous with 100-200 ransoms sat behind the goal.

SlowerThanPlatt

Let's not open up the CT next, open up half of the away stand like they did against Gillingham and Crewe. Opening up the CT would be a bad move, we all know the atmosphere doesn't reach there unless it's full.

Apparently there is a petition going on to keep the north stand open. Why?

It was a mistake listening to a few moaners last season. Close it and keep it closed until needed.

Yep keep it closed. Empty seats everywhere vs. fans bunched up creating atmosphere is a now brainer.

lifeskyblue

But got to get ball boys getting ball back quickly. There was one occasion where he was searching a number of rows before he found the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread