North Stand petition (1 Viewer)

We need to just give at a chance and see what happens.

I don't care where I sit to be honest. Surely watching the team is the most important thing?

£11 a game sounds like the right thing to do and hopefully people will vote with their feet.

torchomatic

Yeah, was thinking of Block 19 or somewhere like that.

Come over to block 19 torch. I used to sit behind the goal at HR for many seasons, but I think the view from 19/20 is the best in the ground.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ahh... a petition eh? That will work for sure.......:facepalm:

Its just a different view of the football.....They've not issued a compulsory purchase order on your mums house....fucking hell.....just sit somewhere else & stop moaning FFS...

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've just heard they are shutting the north stand so they can start the refurbishment with yellow & black seats.....

They'll be completing the other end next season & the 2 sides once we've been evicted.....

PS: I haven't heard anything of the sort, but if these folks want to moan, may as well give them some ammo:wave:

westofrayne

The club already stated they would open it if their was demand, so read the whole article before commenting and saying stupid comments.

If you read my comment, it has nothing to do with what the club says, It was from a poster on this thread that said "Keep it closed" which I believe is a stupid comment.

Ashdown

I have to say that I'm a bit miffed as on a nice afternoon particularly we used to take a stroll round to the North Stand from block 17 if we were kicking that way in the 2nd half !! The sun was lovely on your face and you didn't have to worry too much about being hit with the ball if you dozed off a bit as chances were usually few and far between !

Astute

I think they should shut a different stand each season. It would keep a lot of people happy as they would have something to moan about :whistle:

Noggin

I said 'mostly' not 'all'...

Time will tell if it improves atmosphere or cut costs. It certainly isn't guaranteed. Atmosphere will be non existent if we have another season like we have just had which will also knock another few hundred off the gate.

All I'm saying is that they haven't thought about it logically. The key to atmosphere in my opinion is the shite placement of away fans.

I know what you said but the truth is you just made it up, you had no idea what other peoples preferences were and assumed wrongly that they would feel differently if it was a different stand being closed.

It really is guaranteed that everyone together is going to be a better atmosphere than everyone dotted around, that doesn't necessarily mean the atmosphere will be good though.

I think moving the away fans should be done too but as well as closing a stand not instead of and it's of less importance than closing a stand. I don't understand how you can think the distance to the away fans affects atmosphere while simultaneously holding the complete opposite viewpoint that people being scattered isn't hurting atmosphere.

Seems like this is the logical solution, reopening a stand to keep a few people happy, now thats illogical.

Noggin

I have to say that I'm a bit miffed as on a nice afternoon particularly we used to take a stroll round to the North Stand from block 17 if we were kicking that way in the 2nd half !! The sun was lovely on your face and you didn't have to worry too much about being hit with the ball if you dozed off a bit as chances were usually few and far between !

The sunshine was one of the reasons I liked sitting there too and my wife was particularly keen on the sunshine.

Grendel

On an average match day how many sit in this stand?

Grendel

doesn't change things as much as you'd think ;-)

So if hardly anyone sits there how will shuffling them along to the rest of the empty ground achieve anything?

olderskyblue

So if hardly anyone sits there how will shuffling them along to the rest of the empty ground achieve anything?

There's a thought. Not shuffling, but maybe make them jog up and down the tesco stand to keep in line with play, singing all the time. Now that would achieve something... (heart attacks?)

Noggin

you know that was a joke right?

It's not difficult though is it, with that stand closed the home attendance required in order to make the area the biggest number of people are feel mostly occupied is much lower than with the stand open.

It's especially important when trying to win fans back, someone who hasn't been for a couple of years decides to go again one weekend, buys a ticket where they used to sit only to find it sucks, there is no atmosphere, they are a lot less likely to go again.

We saw how good the atmosphere can be at the Ricoh with only 11k fans at the JPT Preston game. Of course that was extra special because of the late winner but the atmosphere was good all game.

Terry Gibson's perm

I feel sorry for the people who sat there but would rather see the money spent on opening a stand on the field, but I hope nobody has the seat next to me as i like the space;)

rupert_bear

The best thing for the North Stand is make it a school area and allow about a thousand school kids a matchin with teachers and a few helpers for a couple of quid or even free, have them sit right behind the goal and hopefully produce a bit of noise which will happen if we start winning on a regular basis.

ajsccfc

They've said that they're reserving at least a block somewhere for schools or similar already.

ccfc92

Will the south stand be open to home fans? Surely that'll be the natural thing to do, so people are still behind a goal, and the south stand is half open anyway, so wouldn't cost any more.

ajsccfc

Nope, closed off like the North bar the away section by the looks of it:

2015-16-stadium-plan144-2434976.jpg

ccfc92

But surely it wouldn't cost much (if any) more to open the remaining south stand. Then people like the hatters, can still be behind a goal.

Otis

But surely it wouldn't cost much (if any) more to open the remaining south stand. Then people like the hatters, can still be behind a goal.

Yep, that's the way I see it too. Maybe not right behind the goal, but open up 14 and 13 to home fans.

I'm all for the north stand closing if it helps build some atmosphere, but we are always going to look like shit fans on television. Highlights and live games you will either see us scoring in front of the away fans, or scoring in front of an empty stand. It really will look crap.

ccfc92

Yep, that's the way I see it too. Maybe not right behind the goal, but open up 14 and 13 to home fans.

I'm all for the north stand closing if it helps build some atmosphere, but we are always going to look like shit fans on television. Highlights and live games you will either see us scoring in front of the away fans, or scoring in front of an empty stand. It really will look crap.

They should move the tv cameras around the other side. so you will see singers corner and the east stand IMO.

chiefdave

The best thing for the North Stand is make it a school area and allow about a thousand school kids a matchin with teachers and a few helpers for a couple of quid or even free, have them sit right behind the goal and hopefully produce a bit of noise which will happen if we start winning on a regular basis.

That's what block 25 is reserved for.

According to the club the health and safety bods won't allow that. Think they get referred to as the safety committee, not sure if that's part of the council or ACL. I have no idea why at every other club you only have to be separated by a couple of rows yet at the Ricoh it needs multiple blocks to be closed.

Covcraig@bury

Not read all this thread ..but instead of closing the north stand why not net off the top 15 rows all around the ground ? At least on TV it will always look full !!! And the atmosphere would be much better !!!

Otis

They should move the tv cameras around the other side. so you will see singers corner and the east stand IMO.
Well, I agree, but not sure that is logistically possible with the hotel entrances in the corporate area. Otherwise it would make perfect sense.

stupot07

According to the club the health and safety bods won't allow that. Think they get referred to as the safety committee, not sure if that's part of the council or ACL. I have no idea why at every other club you only have to be separated by a couple of rows yet at the Ricoh it needs multiple blocks to be closed.

I thought the problem was that they can't separate the concourse in the south stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

slyblue57

As i stated on a previous thread i sit in the North stand. I m pretty annoyed to have to move but it wo nt stop me having a season ticket again.
I just think that it would ve been far better to close Singers Corner and indeed all the corners. Surely it would ve been better to relocate those
in Singers Corner to behind a goal. Can nt think of any other Club that has, or would contemplate having no home fans behind a goal. The away
games I go to have plenty of atmosphere and generally we re behind a goal. Where did the atmosphere at Highfield Road come from, the West
End , yep behind the goal !
I certainly hope we can get the South Stand open for season tickets asap.
pusb

ajsccfc

They've already nixed the south stand, unless they change their mind again on the north the only fans behind either goal are aways.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If there is a petition it will be a short one as it effects so few people. I have a season ticket there and I don't mind moving at all. Close it down if it saves money and means we can save up and buy Robin Van Persie.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Clearly it can be opened as it has been before, it could be that the health and safety people have said yes you could have that open but you would need X number more stewards employed, X number more police at the matches and X number more first aiders etc. and its all expenses the club don't want to pay.

cornoccfc

Where were the away fans when 9-11 was home fans, worked perfectly fine then!

Users who are viewing this thread