North Stand petition (1 Viewer)

edgy

Apparently there is a petition going on to keep the north stand open. Why?

It was a mistake listening to a few moaners last season. Close it and keep it closed until needed.

SkyBlueScottie

Surely only a few will sign it. Just think by closing that stand, we reduce our match fee's that could mean that pays for the club to employ a scout, means we don't go further ib to debt with Sisu... Then if there is demand for a game, you can move back.

m.okeefe

agree cant see the point it's always empty.... lets all sit together PUSB :guitar2:

Last edited:

westofrayne

I have had to move to the East stand (this will be the first time I have a had a ST that is not behind a goal since the late 70's), I don't want to move but understand that this is a financial decision. I would have preferred the club to push for more bums on seats, but that not going to happen until things on the pitch improve, therefore I'm moving to block 21.

There seems to be a lot of bad feeling towards people who have or still want to sit in the North Stand, I don't understand it, last time I checked we all support the same team, people have their preferred seats where they would like to sit, for me those seats are not available this season, so time to move on to another seat, but once the North Stand reopens, I probably will go back there.

"It was a mistake listening to a few moaners last season" - Those "moaners" are fans who pay their money to watch the team
"
I agree close it no need for it we need an atmosphere first" - That will come from having players playing for the team/fans, let's hope it happens next years

#PUSB

Otis

Instead of getting to the stage whereby they raise a petition though, fans should have come to games and put bums on seats in the north stand.

It's been all but empty for months now.

Horse = bolted.

ajsccfc

I can understand people being put out by having to move as I was in that stand before the Sixfields nonsense, but that brief JPT run when everyone was jammed together was some of the most fun I can remember at the Ricoh so if we can get a little taste of that back I'm all in favour.

Noggin

Closing this stand last season was one of the first times in ages I got to actually praise the club, then the SCG (who have no idea what the fans actually want because they don't liaise with them) came along and ruined it and we had another season of soul sucking atmosphere with attendances dropping. We've got good ticket prices next year and everyone closer together, I really hope a tiny minority doesn't spoil it again.

ajsccfc

They've said they'll open it again if the demand is there. I suspect skyblueheaven didn't mean 'keep it closed forever no matter what happens'

torchomatic

Yeah, I've been in the North Stand in the same seat since 2005. I like my seat, I like my view. I want to stay in that seat, but if it helps improve the atmosphere then I'm happy to move to see if it works and hopefully it will. I would rather stay but I won't be complaining on here or on Twitter about it and won't sign a petition either. I'm sure the three of us will find other seats to our liking and we'll be looking at that this week.

Last edited:

chinamans view

I think that they should not close parts of the stadium off, let people sit where they want or prefer, If people want the singers corner atmosphere they can sit there,if they want to talk and discuss the game as it unfolds with people let them sit in the north stand etc. I hate it when people tell other people what to do all the time. lets use the stadium not just the parts some people want you to. Its called choice.

ajsccfc

Closing part of the stadium for the purposes of saving costs and helping atmosphere is also a choice. It's hardly going to be constantly roaring wherever people move to either.

Noggin

I think that they should not close parts of the stadium off, let people sit where they want or prefer, If people want the singers corner atmosphere they can sit there,if they want to talk and discuss the game as it unfolds with people let them sit in the north stand etc. I hate it when people tell other people what to do all the time. lets use the stadium not just the parts some people want you to. Its called choice.

If you allow people to be dotted all around the stadium then it hurts the atmosphere, rubbish atmosphere is one of the main reasons so few people attend which hurts atmosphere, so fewer people attend, which hurts atmosphere so fewer people attend, it's in everyones interest to stop the rot and bring back the atmosphere by putting people together. You say it's your choice to sit where you want, however by exercising that choice you take away the option that others want of going to a game with atmosphere. The entire point of live sport is the atmosphere.

When the game is on the tv, your home is warmer, your home is more comfortable, your ability to follow the game is better, the refreshments are better and cheaper, there is no time to get there and get back, it's not raining in your home, watching the game at home is cheaper (assuming you have skysports anyway) so why go to the game? for the atmosphere. Yet we don't have one because everyone is dotted around a 30k+ seater stadium, ludicrous.

Otis

Closing the back 10-15 rows throughout the ground would be a much better idea.

No, I don't think so. The north stand has been very sparsely populated, just closing a few rows won't have half the impact as completely shutting one whole stand.

LB87ccfc

So we go up next season - Still "keep it closed ?????" Stupid comment

At present there are not enough bums on seats to justify opening it, but if things improve, are you going to "Keep it closed !!" then?????

The club already stated they would open it if their was demand, so read the whole article before commenting and saying stupid comments.

LB87ccfc

Definately would not, the club pay rent on each stand being open, so yes it may be viewed as cost cutting, but it will be much better to have an atmosphere instead of feeling someone has died sitting their in silence.

Better off closing the North Stand, opening the away end to home fans and moving the away fans to a shit corner.

duffer

I don't much like the idea, but if regular attendees and STHs like Torchy are prepared to accept it for the greater good, then who am I as a part-timer (these days) to quibble.

Let's see how it works out, I guess. If we're in the hunt for promotion then I suspect it will become academic... here's hoping. :)

skybluepm2

Yeah, I've been in the North Stand in the same seat since 2005. I like my seat, I like my view. I want to stay in that seat, but if it helps improve the atmosphere then I'm happy to move to see if it works and hopefully it will. I would rather stay but I won't be complaining on here or on Twitter about it and won't sign a petition either. I'm sure the three of us will find other seats to our liking and we'll be looking at that this week.

I echo what Torchy says really. I've sat there barring one season in the past decade. I'm in the centre of the goal halfway up and have an aisle seat; the best view in the house in my opinion.

It doesn't really appeal to me sitting on the side as I've always sat behind the goal. The main issue is the placement of the away fans which is truly ludicrous. Either move them next to singers corner or open the south stand. The negative comments made on here are mostly from people who don't sit in the North Stand. Would you be of the same opinion if the West or East stands were to close?

Not sure where I'm going to renew at the moment but I do like a song song so may head towards Singers Corner.

Doubt that the stand closure is anything to do with 'generating atmosphere' more covering up that it's blatant cost cutting. Not a bad thing just wish they'd come out with it. It won't make much difference anyway, particularly if TM doesn't stay on.. Attendances will fall further still.

pusbccfc

It wouldn't. The atmosphere will escape being so far from the roof.

pusbccfc

As I said the other day if 50 people are so frustrated by the decision to close it, open up a few rows to allow them to sit there. Don't open the whole stand for a few hundred people like last season.

skybluelee

I echo what most are saying on this thread. Irrespective of whether the idea wass driven by cost cutting reasons, the fall-out will be a better atmosphere, as seen at the JPT games.

That's two sensible recent decisions made by the club in a matter of a week. It's making me feel a little uneasy.

Now don't ruin it by letting TM leave and making us play in blue and white stripes next season and all will be good!

olderskyblue

Come over to block 19 torch. I used to sit behind the goal at HR for many seasons, but I think the view from 19/20 is the best in the ground.

chiefdave

All those that sign the petition should have to give their card details, if enough of them sign the club can take a payment and send them all season tickets!

Noggin

I echo what Torchy says really. I've sat there barring one season in the past decade. I'm in the centre of the goal halfway up and have an aisle seat; the best view in the house in my opinion.

It doesn't really appeal to me sitting on the side as I've always sat behind the goal. The main issue is the placement of the away fans which is truly ludicrous. Either move them next to singers corner or open the south stand. The negative comments made on here are mostly from people who don't sit in the North Stand. Would you be of the same opinion if the West or East stands were to close?

Not sure where I'm going to renew at the moment but I do like a song song so may head towards Singers Corner.

Doubt that the stand closure is anything to do with 'generating atmosphere' more covering up that it's blatant cost cutting. Not a bad thing just wish they'd come out with it. It won't make much difference anyway, particularly if TM doesn't stay on.. Attendances will fall further still.

Who cares whether sisus intentions are about cost cutting or improving atmosphere, it will do both and both are good things (when cost cutting comes without hurting the club).

Also you are wrong as one of the posters most strongly arguing for the stand to be closed by preference is to sit behind the goal and that is where my season ticket has always been (at the Ricoh).

stevefloyd

They have to do something to up the atmosphere.. tell you what get all your mates to buy season tickets then it will force them to keep it open... ie supply and demand.
Also make the away suppoters sit in the lower seats to kill their atmosphere

skybluepm2

Who cares whether sisus intentions are about cost cutting or improving atmosphere, it will do both and both are good things (when cost cutting comes without hurting the club).

Also you are wrong as one of the posters most strongly arguing for the stand to be closed by preference is to sit behind the goal and that is where my season ticket has always been (at the Ricoh).

I said 'mostly' not 'all'...

Time will tell if it improves atmosphere or cut costs. It certainly isn't guaranteed. Atmosphere will be non existent if we have another season like we have just had which will also knock another few hundred off the gate.

All I'm saying is that they haven't thought about it logically. The key to atmosphere in my opinion is the shite placement of away fans.

Users who are viewing this thread