No wonder this club is becoming a joke on and off the pitch when... (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

That's a stupid comment even by your high standards. If we follow your ethos, a footballer knows everything about his game, so why don't we do away with coaches, physios, and even let them wash their own kits. Let me turn this on its head. Why do you think every other chairman in the top two flights, and in smaller clubs beyond, do think it's prudent to have a full time fitness coach?

And equally, don't you understand that we need players and ballroom staff. It shouldn't be an either/or when the cupboards are as bare as ours. We didn't even make up a full bench against Southampton, remember?

CUS Wyken

That's a stupid comment even by your high standards. If we follow your ethos, a footballer knows everything about his game, so why don't we do away with coaches, physios, and even let them wash their own kits. Let me turn this on its head. Why do you think every other chairman in the top two flights, and in smaller clubs beyond, do think it's prudent to have a full time fitness coach?

And equally, don't you understand that we need players and ballroom staff. It shouldn't be an either/or when the cupboards are as bare as ours. We didn't even make up a full bench against Southampton, remember?

We're not taking about Physisos, coaches etc... Talking about a fitness coach. You could easily get a fitness coach for £350 a week. I'm sure Thorn if he wanted too could get one.

We all know the club have limited funds so it's called living by your means. If it means have to neglect one thing for another then that's the case.

We have 5 strikers on the books. Do we need a 6th who is not any better then we got?

Ok Under our circumstances if we dont have enough to spare 350 a week. What does this club need more at present. A striker who is not any better then we currently have or a fitness coach?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's not about now Wyken, it's about what we have needed all season. We lost out fitness coach last summer. We are losing goals late in games. The debate is why do we concede late goals. The answer seems to be comparative fitness. Hence the question being raised as to whether the comparative lack of fitness may be linked to a lack of a fitness coach; and therefore who is more to blame. Thorn or SISU.

I make a case for the latter. Hence the debate.

And sorry, I think you are profoundly wrong. Thorn cannot spend a penny in this environment. Listen to him in interviews. He has no say whatsoever in where budgets are allocated

CUS Wyken

If he has no say what budget for the team is then it really is a joke but I feel if he really wanted a fitness coach then he could.

I might email/tweet eakin and see if they can pose the question. Be interesting to see what his reply is eh.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If he has no say what budget for the team is then it really is a joke but I feel if he really wanted a fitness coach then he could.

I might email/tweet eakin and see if they can pose the question. Be interesting to see what his reply is eh.

Please do so. Please also bear in mind that you rightly state a club should, ideally, live within its means. If you look now, compared to when SISU took over, right across the season, gates are down by 4,000 per game. Average £15 a ticket, and that's £60K a week on ticket sales alone we have lost.

Why the stay always? Well poor football of course, but also shadowy, deceitful-appearing owners who have clamped down in a draconian way on any dissenters. SISU have to look long and hard at themselves with regards culpability for spiralling losses, and the ever-tightening budgets we are squeezing ever harder to achieve as gates keep dwindling down....

CUS Wyken

Not trying to score points or be funny here, but this is an interesting article relating to Northampton Town;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2011/03/from_northampton_town_to_real.html

We all agree that a fitness coach would be benifical to the team but if Thorn felt that strongly about it I reckon he could bring one in. There not exactly expensive. Like I said I'd say you could get one for 350 a week. Compared to the wages what bent would be on. Give me a fitness coach anyday over a journeyman like him.

It's not about now Wyken, it's about what we have needed all season. We lost out fitness coach last summer. We are losing goals late in games. The debate is why do we concede late goals. The answer seems to be comparative fitness. Hence the question being raised as to whether the comparative lack of fitness may be linked to a lack of a fitness coach; and therefore who is more to blame. Thorn or SISU.

I make a case for the latter. Hence the debate.

And sorry, I think you are profoundly wrong. Thorn cannot spend a penny in this environment. Listen to him in interviews. He has no say whatsoever in where budgets are allocated

I tend to agree with your point on fitness late in games. That said what we really lack in the last 20 minutes is leadership on the field - experience and maturity.

torchomatic

Well, the maturity has arrived in HH and as for leadership, Thorn should consider giving Keogh the armband full time.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Maybe HH can offer this TIMS. There is another issue which compounds this which I eluded to in another thread; that being squad strength and therefore options on the bench. Not only are we potentially tiring earlier in games than some of our peers, but when the time is right to make a change to freshen things or chase a game, our options are more limited. Hence the disadvantage is exasipated as it were....

Sky Blue Sheepy

On the subject of Thorn, he makes our team worse than it is. Regarding the fitness coach I actually agree with Wyken. If you tell the board, I have enough strikers, could you put that money from the next strikers/loanees wages towards that instead, they might listen. For all I hate SISU, they are businessmen and must be capable of basic reason - but Thorn is too much of a yes man!

davebart

Replace Bellamy with Lee Hughes.

You're right of course, as soon as I had posted I remembered that we had picked up the WBA supporting Hughes by then. Never appeared to want to play for us. and nor did Bellend.

The point I was trying to make though was the difference in that squad and this. Maybe I should have rephrased the question. What would Strachan, Nillson, Dowie, Coleman, McAllister, Boothroyd, Black, Reid have made of this squad?

CUS Wyken

Maybe HH can offer this TIMS. There is another issue which compounds this which I eluded to in another thread; that being squad strength and therefore options on the bench. Not only are we potentially tiring earlier in games than some of our peers, but when the time is right to make a change to freshen things or chase a game, our options are more limited. Hence the disadvantage is exasipated as it were....
The bench last week for the derby game was not that bad to be fair.

Brighton Sky Blue

You're right of course, as soon as I had posted I remembered that we had picked up the WBA supporting Hughes by then. Never appeared to want to play for us. and nor did Bellend.

The point I was trying to make though was the difference in that squad and this. Maybe I should have rephrased the question. What would Strachan, Nillson, Dowie, Coleman, McAllister, Boothroyd, Black, Reid have made of this squad?

Nah your point was clear either way-and 'no better' is the answer to that question!

Users who are viewing this thread