No proof its a Cov fan as of yet but this is disgusting (3 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

I have stated many times the banners were a cunts trick but i also could not give a fuck how other teams see us, fuck em
Your opinion. Mine differs.

If other clubs think our fans are full of toxic shit , could affect how they get treated on away trips.

David O'Day

Your opinion. Mine differs.

If other clubs think our fans are full of toxic shit , could affect how they get treated on away trips.
let them think how the want and no, no it will not effect anything as the police or opposing clubs are not going to base anything on something that is done by a couple of people a long way away from the stadium

Sky Blue Pete

No it doesn't. Go around the other Champ club forums. I took the time on Sunday and was hoping for some discussion about the game, and how we looked from outside, from at least our playoff competitors. Most focussed on the banners and linked them back to "Coventry City", not just some idiots parading as our fans. Whenever we or the club try to do something good, some moron puts us back on our arse.
The response to everyone is all clubs have idiots look at the ccfc statement on the morning of the game hours after the social media pics arrived

alexccfc99

Sorry it’s gone on too long now and it isn’t a police matter for me - It should have been case closed after DK’s statement yesterday until we’re informed that whoever responsible is barred

It does appear we are massively being made an example of, Leicester fans themselves (even after the Helicopter crash) have earned themselves a reputation with the Scousers for singing about Hillsborough when they were playing them in the Premier League, they also sang about Brian Clough and had one of their fans try and lamp a Forest player in the cup game the other season and there was not even half the pushback there has been here - But I suppose they are the privileges you get when you have been the media’s favourites for the last few years like they have

Happy_Martian

Why the hell you’d want to spend your time on another clubs forum as well is beyond me
Not going to comment on your blinkered approach. That's your prerogative.

I enjoy talking about football and getting a general view of the game in the UK. That includes talking with fans of other clubs.

alexccfc99

I enjoy talking about football and getting a general view of the game in the UK. That includes talking with fans of other clubs.
Each to their own, but not for me - Especially if it is that rancid mackem twat forum where half of them wouldn’t piss on us if we were on fire and take great pleasure in slandering (one of) our clubs biggest legend and telling us the best thing to happen to Coventry was the Lufftwaffe

If I fancy a chat with an opposition fan I’ll do it in the Boozer pre match at the weekend

clint van damme

Nothing wrong with that. But getting your bolocks in a twist because they say nasty things about us is weird.

Happy_Martian

Each to their own, but not for me - Especially if it is that rancid mackem twat forum where half of them wouldn’t piss on us if we were on fire and take great pleasure in slandering (one of) our clubs biggest legend and telling us the best thing to happen to Coventry was the Lufftwaffe

If I fancy a chat with an opposition fan I’ll do it in the Boozer pre match at the weekend
As I said, your prerogative.

I am on that Mackem forum and have had several good conversations with them. They have their idiots, as we do here. I have called out when they're out of order, including their thread on the banners. And as I've said here, using the WWII attack on our city is both hypocritical and vulgar. Sunderland were bombed as well yet they forget that. Pointed out that their hatred for Jimmy Hill shouldn't expand to the entire Cov fanbase. What he did was unethical. But noone in the ground that night could have made or changed Hill's decision. And neither could any fan born since. Some have accepted that, the typical few prefer to respond with abuse. I'm not slagging off an entire fanbase due to the actions or words of a few.

But without talking, grudges fester. I'll continue to do what I do.

Happy_Martian

Nothing wrong with that. But getting your bolocks in a twist because they say nasty things about us is weird.

Nope, nothings in a twist, especially down there. At least, last time I looked 🤷‍♂️

rob9872

Sorry it’s gone on too long now and it isn’t a police matter for me - It should have been case closed after DK’s statement yesterday until we’re informed that whoever responsible is barred

It does appear we are massively being made an example of, Leicester fans themselves (even after the Helicopter crash) have earned themselves a reputation with the Scousers for singing about Hillsborough when they were playing them in the Premier League, they also sang about Brian Clough and had one of their fans try and lamp a Forest player in the cup game the other season and there was not even half the pushback there has been here - But I suppose they are the privileges you get when you have been the media’s favourites for the last few years like they have
Like going into administration and now they've won the PL they're all blameless. They did the initial banner at the start of the season even if our lot did go too far and then you've got this below, but you'd think they're all whiter than white:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_022649_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_022649_X.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 73

MalcSB

As I said, your prerogative.

I am on that Mackem forum and have had several good conversations with them. They have their idiots, as we do here. I have called out when they're out of order, including their thread on the banners. And as I've said here, using the WWII attack on our city is both hypocritical and vulgar. Sunderland were bombed as well yet they forget that. Pointed out that their hatred for Jimmy Hill shouldn't expand to the entire Cov fanbase. What he did was unethical. But noone in the ground that night could have made or changed Hill's decision. And neither could any fan born since. Some have accepted that, the typical few prefer to respond with abuse. I'm not slagging off an entire fanbase due to the actions or words of a few.

But without talking, grudges fester. I'll continue to do what I do.
What Jimmy Hill did wasn’t unethical. He was following police advice.

rob9872

Delaying the kick off I'd agree, displaying the score at ft not so much 😉

Happy_Martian

Broadcasting the Sunderland result to the crowd and players ? Don't think the Police told him to do that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Have the police made any arrests yet as it seems to be the biggest crime in the country at the moment.

rob9872

Even when we got relegated at Villa people were still relying on radios and lots of misinformation about a number of years on. You can't be that naive to think what he did was right, however the reason Sunderland went down was not his fault. They didn't win their own game against Everton and it was as a result of the 41 games previous to that they were there at all.

Covkid1968#

Like going into administration and now they've won the PL they're all blameless. They did the initial banner at the start of the season even if our lot did go too far and then you've got this below, but you'd think they're all whiter than white:
Bloody hell - that's some hypocrisy going on there and shows that we all have our idiots!!

oscillatewildly

Even when we got relegated at Villa people were still relying on radios and lots of misinformation about a number of years on. You can't be that naive to think what he did was right, however the reason Sunderland went down was not his fault. They didn't win their own game against Everton and it was as a result of the 41 games previous to that they were there at all.
If the situation that evening had been reversed - Blunderland in the box seat results wise and the Cov Briz result broadcast, it would have gone down as a mackem masterstroke - A piece of NE footballing legend, still being spoken of and celebrated today.
I don't get the 'unethical' suggestion on JH's part.
ANY club would have done the same to try to influence the best outcome.

CV22SBA

I wish the police put as much energy into actual crimes around Warwickshire at the moment. Not interested in knives being pulled numerous times in Rugby recently or 3 rapes in Leamington since Xmas. However a fucking banner with a helicopter on appears to be the crime of the century.

Mucca Mad Boys

It was gamesmanship, for sure… Had Sunderland won it would’ve been a different story but they didn’t and it was their own fault.

Broadcast in the stadium or not, both teams would’ve found out the final score one way or another. As both teams needed a draw, it suited both Bristol and ourselves to play out a draw.

Think Austria v West Germany in the World Cup when they knocked Algeria out. Wasn’t good for the game but there wasn’t any cheating.

Sky Blue Pete

I wish the police put as much energy into actual crimes around Warwickshire at the moment. Not interested in knives being pulled numerous times in Rugby recently or 3 rapes in Leamington since Xmas. However a fucking banner with a helicopter on appears to be the crime of the century.
It’s both and and define not bothered

olderskyblue

I was in the kop end, and there was a guy who had a radio on his shoulder every match. He kept us informed of other scores, so most already knew the score that night, and it was clear the score was getting to the players from the fans from all sides of the ground, and the management teams too. The scoreboard showing it wasn’t needed, but played no part in my opinion, apart from inform the fans who didn’t already know.

Happy_Martian

ANY club would have done the same to try to influence the best outcome.

Doesn't make it right. I accept that everyone tries to get a step up, shouting for throw-ins when they know they kicked the ball out, falling over for fouls etc. I'm in the minority who considers sportsmanship as an important aspect of football.

SBT

Are they devoting a lot of resources to it?

Happy_Martian

Are they devoting a lot of resources to it?

The CovTel story said no they weren't.

The Police have the banner. I'd guess that all they need to do is track the printers and get a copy of the sales invoice.

letsallsingtogether

The CovTel story said no they weren't.

The Police have the banner. I'd guess that all they need to do is track the printers and get a copy of the sales invoice.
Not very good advertising for who ever printed it.
Surely they must have known it was in bad taste and should have turned it down.

Old Warwickshire lad

Broadcasting the Sunderland result to the crowd and players ? Don't think the Police told him to do that.
If you can name one manager or chairman in the football league, that would not have done exactly the same. I will understand your point.
Plus if you were there that night it was obvious the players knew, both benches had been calling the players over and shouting out the result long before it went up.

Happy_Martian

If you can name one manager or chairman in the football league, that would not have done exactly the same. I will understand your point.
Plus if you were there that night it was obvious the players knew, both benches had been calling the players over and shouting out the result long before it went up.

No I wasn't there.

And to copy/paste my reply above

"Doesn't make it right. I accept that everyone tries to get a step up, shouting for throw-ins when they know they kicked the ball out, falling over for fouls etc. I'm in the minority who considers sportsmanship as an important aspect of football."

Users who are viewing this thread