No proof its a Cov fan as of yet but this is disgusting (1 Viewer)

South West Sky Blue

This is where its a grey area.

Telling a joke to your mates about Diana is one thing. Displaying a banner publicly mocking a death so that thousands of others can see it, it's totally different.
Only speaking from a legal perspective.
The Public Order Act of 1986 is the legislation most people are referring to, specifically sections 5 and 4A.

For it to be an offence it has to be deliberately alarming, harassing or distressing. Therefore an “ill-judged joke” isn’t relevant here (unless grossly misjudged). There is some nuance in it’s interpretation. I have over-simplified it.

To be clear, I know nothing about specific offences of “tragedy chanting”, so can’t comment on that with any knowledge.

torchomatic

From their forum:

Screenshot_20240113_172509_Chrome.jpg

slowpoke

Only speaking from a legal perspective.
The Public Order Act of 1986 is the legislation most people are referring to, specifically sections 5 and 4A.

For it to be an offence it has to be deliberately alarming, harassing or distressing. Therefore an “ill-judged joke” isn’t relevant here (unless grossly misjudged). There is some nuance in it’s interpretation. I have over-simplified it.

To be clear, I know nothing about specific offences of “tragedy chanting”, so can’t comment on that with any knowledge.
Clubs take action and Cov say they will if they ate identified that might be difficult.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Its The Legion chant.IO LEGION LEGION IO
How does that go then ?
I thought it was actually supposed to say LOL when I first saw it.
Whatever it all means, it's all pretty dreadful. Looks like a professionally printed banner. Surely there should be a law to prevent this being printed in a commercial setting. Home made sheets is one thing but this isn't.

David O'Day

How does that go then ?
Whatever it all means, it's all pretty dreadful. Looks like a professionally printed banner. Surely there should be a law to prevent this being printed in a commercial setting. Home made sheets is one thing but this isn't.
Like the pompy chimes

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

wingy

How does that go then ?
If it's an employee with a lunch hour to spare not much to be done I don't think.

Evo1883

The Office Reaction GIF

FzaV6lWXwAEjbiu.jpg

Ashdown

Offended about everything , boohoo, crybaby buntings, can’t say this, can’t say that …..some people must find it hard to leave the house or read any social media.
FFS grow some balls and get a grip you bunch of wet weekends.

Brylowes

I really wouldn’t let this kind of shite worry you, tbh it’s more sad than it is disgusting, feeble minds and all that 🙄
Just accept that whatever it is in life you maybe talking about there will always be a small percentage that are hateful disrespectful & toxic to everyone around them.
Best to disregard them and concentrate all your thoughts on the significant majority that mean well.

Users who are viewing this thread