No more games at the Ricoh (3 Viewers)

CJparker

at least he wont be able to deny it this time.

I do deny it - find the quote that says otherwise.

Anyway, looks like SISU have locked themselves out. If we get liquidated, it will be 100% SISU's fault for not backing down. They are in the wrong and they are just trying to get everything for themselves

SkyblueBazza

I do too. They have no interest in a successful football club never have and never will!! No idea what the game is following the sales of dann and fox. Grendel and others think they are supporting the club by supporting sisu I think they are wrong!!

Sometimes it's not "support"...more a case of better the devil you know, don't you think?

Brighton Sky Blue

This is a bit like the Twitter "Tim Fisher leaves CCFC" rumour - it may be false, and even if SISU have threatened this again, we may end up back at the negotiation table. It think this is a big effort by SISU to get ACL back to the table.

We won't leave the Ricoh, don't worry. It makes no sense

Problem is this has come from the horse's mouth.

CJparker

surprised CJ hasnt 'liked' this post.

Why? I clearly hope the club doesn't go bust. Why do you insist that oppsoing SISU equals wanting the club to fold? it doesn't. At least, not in my mind.

If the club leaves the city that is it, I won't support SISU FC, playing under a Coventry banner in Walsall.

CJparker

Sometimes it's not "support"...more a case of better the devil you know, don't you think?

Not at all - not when that devils moves us to fucking Walsall, cutting off its nose to spite it's face, just so it doesn't have to back down to a council.....

torchomatic

so who says we are going to Walsall?

Not at all - not when that devils moves us to fucking Walsall, cutting off its nose to spite it's face, just so it doesn't have to back down to a council.....

SkyblueBazza

Not at all - not when that devils moves us to fecking Walsall, cutting off its nose to spite it's face, just so it doesn't have to back down to a council.....

So exactly who can you think of that will step in & pay the current rent, & make us a success on the pitch given existing revenues under the new FFP rules?

CJparker

so who says we are going to Walsall?

if the rumour is to be believed. SISU have decided to leave the Ricoh (if rumour is to be believed), so what is their next bright idea? Groundshare with Villa maybe?

You have supported them every step of the way; do you support them taking their SISU FC club out of Coventry altogether, if that is what they do?

ALJONES

Sisu will probably pay up part of the rent at the last minute tomorrow to just twist the whole scenario. They are playing a poor game of chess with this club.

CJparker

So exactly who can you think of that will step in & pay the current rent, & make us a success on the pitch given existing revenues under the new FFP rules?

I'm thinking a new investor would buy the Ricoh, eliminating the rent issue, and plough money into the playing side, bringing the fans back. There are millions of ways of getting round FFP regulations.

Jim

The story on the BBC website states that only a non-operating subsidiary has been placed into admin:

The Coventry spokesman added: "This is merely a property subsidiary which owns no material assets and has no employees, on or off the pitch.
"The club can confirm that all staff wages, PAYE and all other creditor commitments will continue to be met as before by Coventry City Football Club Holdings.
"Unlike other instances of clubs being taken either wholly or partially into administration, there are no HMRC or VAT implications and the football club will continue to trade as normal without interruption."

CJparker

Sisu will probably pay up part of the rent at the last minute tomorrow to just twist the whole scenario. They are playing a poor game of chess with this club.

Yes, all a pathetic game of bluff on SISU's part - desperate to get the best deal for themselves, even now. Just fuck off you scum

Mucca Mad Boys

There's so much factually incorrect here. Firstly, the company putting its subsidiary into admin was CCFC Holdings, whose only subsidiary business is CCFC Ltd i.e. the club. Secondly, the club doesn't own ARVO-it's a separate SISU fund.

CCFC has not been put into admin, yet. That's a fact until at least tomorrow.

SkyblueBazza

I'm thinking a new investor would buy the Ricoh, eliminating the rent issue, and plough money into the playing side, bringing the fans back. There are millions of ways of getting round FFP regulations.

That's what we all want. Even ACL & dare I suggest SISU may want that too...but WHO??? Then we have the problem of how to make it happen - all existing parties seem to have entrenched positions & be unwilling to give an inch more.

torchomatic

Sorry, my apologies, I thought you'd written: Hopefully ACL do lock us out and press home the winding up order.

I must have been mistaken.

I do deny it - find the quote that says otherwise.

Anyway, looks like SISU have locked themselves out. If we get liquidated, it will be 100% SISU's fault for not backing down. They are in the wrong and they are just trying to get everything for themselves

SkyblueBazza

The story on the BBC website states that only a non-operating subsidiary has been placed into admin:

The Coventry spokesman added: "This is merely a property subsidiary which owns no material assets and has no employees, on or off the pitch.
"The club can confirm that all staff wages, PAYE and all other creditor commitments will continue to be met as before by Coventry City Football Club Holdings.
"Unlike other instances of clubs being taken either wholly or partially into administration, there are no HMRC or VAT implications and the football club will continue to trade as normal without interruption."

Keep up Jim lol

Cov4

Peter Waterman, famous Cov Kid and multimillionaire with contacts is a Walsall fan. Just saying, like.

torchomatic

if the rumour is to be believed. SISU have decided to leave the Ricoh (if rumour is to be believed), so what is their next bright idea? Groundshare with Villa maybe?

You have supported them every step of the way; do you support them taking their SISU FC club out of Coventry altogether, if that is what they do?

Ah so you're hysterical like a school girl due to a "rumour"?

Weird, you say you hope ACL lock us out then moan that we'd have to play somewhere else. Very confusing. It's almost as if you're talking total fucking bollocks. I'm sure that's not the case though.

CJparker

Sorry, my apologies, I thought you'd written: Hopefully ACL do lock us out and press home the winding up order.

I must have been mistaken.

Absolutely - 100%.

But that's not the same as saying "I want us to fold" - FFS are you dense. Such an action would force SISU out before we fold and allow someone else to come in.

You really are slow on the update - SISU are not the only game in town, we do not depend on SISU to exist, we can exist without them if they are forced out!!!

Stop putting treasonous words into my mouth

SkyblueBazza

Weird, you say you hope ACL lock us out then moan that we'd have to play somewhere else. Very confusing. It's almost as if you're talking total fecking bollocks. I'm sure that's not the case though.

Let it all out Torch...c'mon - don't hold it in!

Flying Fokker

No I didn't I said a few may go for the novelty. Meaning that some people may stop going but some people who wouldn't have gone might do for the novelty value. For example I've had a mate in Walsall (not a Walsall or City supporter btw) saying he'll come to a game if we end up in Walsall so that's 1 person who would never go to the Ricoh who would come for starters. I'm not saying we'll maintain what we've got but I don't think we'll be playing in from of 2,000 or anything like that. Could be wrong of course and hope we don't get to find out!

Hmm, how many mates you got. You could be a crowd of loyal supporters.

CJparker

Weird, you say you hope ACL lock us out then moan that we'd have to play somewhere else. Very confusing. It's almost as if you're talking total fucking bollocks. I'm sure that's not the case though.

So do you support SISU moving us out of Coventry? Yes or no?

I don't want us to move anywhere else, are you fucking thick??? I want the threat of such an action to FORCE SISU OUT.....how many fucking times...there is life after SISU!!!

Flying Fokker

Absolutely - 100%.

But that's not the same as saying "I want us to fold" - FFS are you dense. Such an action would force SISU out before we fold and allow someone else to come in.

You really are slow on the update - SISU are not the only game in town, we do not depend on SISU to exist, we can exist without them if they are forced out!!!

treasonous......good word so late in the evening. Shakespeare would be proud. Alas.

Jim

Don't know how this helps SISU at all as surely the contract for the use of the Ricoh will be between ACL and CCFC Ltd. Also not sure why administration by the club automatically wipes the debt. It doesn't. Simply means administrators are put in charge to find the best way to settle.

ACL should still be able to force admin on the club itself and enable administrators to take over the club. To me this is the best long term solution. The administrators can then get on with finding a new owner for the club. Anyone with any sense will request the deal for £400k rent and the ten years to settle the £1.3m debt. Once this is settled there can be scope for further negotiations regarding rent or income in good faith.

Forget the points deductions and promotion hopes for the season or indeed next season. We are talking about the long term future of the club. That future can only be secure if it does not include SISU.

It's all a game of bluff by SISU. Can you imagine the impact on ACL with the enormous revenue they stand to lose.
The Ricoh will become one of the biggest white elephants since the Millenium Dome.

ah yes the millenium dome, now known as the o2..... nothing ever happens there now, lol

SkyblueBazza

Absolutely - 100%.

Do you know what a winding up order means??? Google it - it's basically a creditor nuking the hell out of the debtor...us in this case!!!

Users who are viewing this thread