No more games at the Ricoh (2 Viewers)

CJparker

You must be simple - there is no other way you could be repeatedly mis-udnerstanding me. I never said I wanted a winding up order to take full effect, merely that it is pressed and taken forward to make it a viable threat - clearly SISU would back down if that was the case.

CJparker

Don't know how this helps SISU at all as surely the contract for the use of the Ricoh will be between ACL and CCFC Ltd. Also not sure why administration by the club automatically wipes the debt. It doesn't. Simply means administrators are put in charge to find the best way to settle.

ACL should still be able to force admin on the club itself and enable administrators to take over the club. To me this is the best long term solution. The administrators can then get on with finding a new owner for the club. Anyone with any sense will request the deal for £400k rent and the ten years to settle the £1.3m debt. Once this is settled there can be scope for further negotiations regarding rent or income in good faith.

Forget the points deductions and promotion hopes for the season or indeed next season. We are talking about the long term future of the club. That future can only be secure if it does not include SISU.

Jim, if tomorrow's CT and SSN are right, then everything except the ACL lease was today transferred to a different entity called CCFC Holdings. The original CCFC now only holds the ACL lease and has been put into administration to get rid of the ACL debt. So the club can carry on "as normal" - just without a home ground, as ACL will lock us out of the Ricoh. Talk about horse and bolted and stable door etc.

I hope you are right. A lot depends on the court hearing tomorrow.

rob9872

A packed out rocking bescott could be perfect to take us over the line. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. Not in the long term of course but for the remaining games and the play offs. This could prove to be a master stroke, all mixed up epockets all arond the ground singing not just one small area .... well done sisu? :)

SkyblueBazza

You must be simple - there is no other way you could be repeatedly mis-udnerstanding me. I never said I wanted a winding up order to take full effect, merely that it is pressed and taken forward to make it a viable threat - clearly SISU would back down if that was the case.

Surely that would be an even more dangerous option than the one SISU have followed?
Something (I.e.the club) could have been placed into admin in the morning - they've taken this measure in an attempt to protect the club overall...& keep those 10 points. I can't knock them for that - even though its a long-shot. The whole thing is a sorry mess driven by money & ego on all sides.

PS - I'll let the "simple" bit pass on this occasion

CJparker

A packed out rocking bescott could be perfect to take us over the line. The more I think about it the more I like the idea. Not in the long term of course but for the remaining games and the play offs. This could prove to be a master stroke, all mixed up epockets all arond the ground singing not just one small area .... well done sisu? :)

Shut the fuck up. I am not supporting SISU FC play its home games at the fucking Bescot Stadium in Walsall - why not support MK Dons, it is nearly as close.....

Last edited:

CJparker

Surely that would be an even more dangerous option than the one SISU have followed?
Something (I.e.the club) could have been placed into admin in the morning - they've taken this measure in an attempt to protect the club overall...& keep those 10 points. I can't knock them for that - even though its a long-shot. The whole thing is a sorry mess driven by money & ego on all sides.

They will almost certainly get 10 points deducted - but it was nothing to do with "protecting the club" - the only reason is to write off the £1.3m debt to ACL whilst otherwise carrying on as normal. Or, as normal as you can whilst locked out of your home ground.

My strategy carries risks too, but there is no greater risk to this club than continued long term ownership by SISU.

SkyblueBazza

They will almost certainly get 10 points deducted - but it was nothing to do with "protecting the club" - the only reason is to write off the £1.3m debt to ACL whilst otherwise carrying on as normal. Or, as normal as you can whilst locked out of your home ground.

My strategy carries risks too, but there is no greater risk to this club than continued long term ownership by SISU.

So a potential winding up order is better in your view...nothing left to talk about is there?

Spencer

You can't press and take forward a winding up order without it having the effect of "winding up" the organisation.

You were previously advised to goggle it - I'd suggest you just put those two words together and try and guess what happens when a company is, "wound up."

rob9872

Shut the feck up. I am not supporting SISU FC play its home games at the fecking Bescot Stadium in Walsall - why not support MK Dons, it is nearly as close.....

It's a temporary arrangement not sisu fc and less of the abusive lip from you, grow up. I've been more than respectful to your drivel and expect the same courtesy in return.

mattylad

Given todays news i wouldnt bet on them backing down from a staring match with a tiger

hill83

Shut the fuck up. I am not supporting SISU FC play its home games at the fucking Bescot Stadium in Walsall - why not support MK Dons, it is nearly as close.....

Well then there will be one good thing to come out of all of this, and that's seeing the back of you.

WFC

Saddlers fan in peace.

Very unlikely to be Walsall for you guys.

Our chairman/owner and other club officials have been very vocal over a number of years about responsible financial management of clubs.

We do not own our ground it is owned by the club owners pension fund and charges the club more than the £400k a year you are being asked to pay a year in rent which has to be paid out of the club revenue derived from match day activities and commercial activities.

This has been a subject of much agro between fans and the club/owner for some years with many fans seeing it as him taking money out the club.
You can see the position it would put him in and also our pitch isn't in a condition to stand to teams at the moment.

Much more likely to be brum as they have considered such deals before including with us which led to a revolt and our current owner taking over the club.

hill83

yam yam yam yam yam yam yam yam.

1315550015703489.gif

hill83

Saddlers fan in peace.

Our chairman/owner and other club officials have been very vocal over a number of years about responsible financial management of clubs.

We do not own our ground it is owned by the club owners pension fund and charges the club more than the £400k a year you are being asked to pay a year in rent which has to be paid out of the club revenue derived from match day activities and commercial activities.

This has been a subject of much agro between fans and the club/owner for some years with many fans seeing it as him taking money out the club.
You can see the position it would put him in and also our pitch isn't in a condition to stand to teams at the moment.

Much more likely to be brum as they have considered such deals before including with us which led to a revolt and our current owner taking over the club.

Thanks, it was only a rumour about your ground anyway, although it appears to have become 100% fact over the course of 30 pages.

dongonzalos

Saddlers fan in peace.

Surely not we were offered to less than you. The Ricoh is one of the most modern stadiums in Britain!

SBT

I support the football club and if others did like they did at Hull, Ipswich, Doncaster etc. instead of bleating and defending a landlord this would never have happened

You're right, if only more of us had stepped up to the plate and left snarky posts on Sky Blues Talk in support of SISU like you have. Guess we can't all be heroes.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Shut the feck up. I am not supporting SISU FC play its home games at the fecking Bescot Stadium in Walsall - why not support MK Dons, it is nearly as close.....
You've been begging for ACL to lock the Ricoh for months, would you rather we were kicked out the football league for failing to complete fixtures?...

Actually you probably would prefer that

WFC

Yep, I'd have to double check the exact figure. £465k if I remember right. The club does get revenue from all activities on there apart from rent from telephone masts that are there which goes to the pension fund.

Feel sorry for you guy, it's always the fans that come out on the short end of these things; however you can see why the club get little sympathy when this is because they are turned down rent for your place that is less that our biscuit tin :p.

Sick Boy

No other club's fans would have defended ACL like CCFC fans...they would have united and forced ACL to give in, because their club comes first and foremost. The majority of other clubs would laugh at us if they bothered to read up on the situation.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No other club's fans would have defended ACL like CCFC fans...they would have united and forced ACL to give in, because their club comes first and foremost. The majority of other clubs would laugh at us if they bothered to read up on the situation.
I know right only in Coventry would fans beg for the club to be kicked out of the league, brand season ticket holders as scum and tell those who support the team to hang their head in shame

Seyeclops666

Cannot really believe you have asked that!
it is very simple: the FA and FL have no interest in being overseers of the game ... just in allowing the beautiful game to prostitute itself to any waving wad of money. They have presided over the dismantling of the game and allowed clubs to be kidnapped by crooks.
This will be the final straw for many people. Yet still SISU stormtroopers spread the propaganda that its the nasty council to blame.

Absolutely right - this isn't just about a football team it's about our City. Those SISU feckers are scum and are the only ones to blame - you traitors go and watch SISU rovers. I shall wait for CCFC to rise like a Phoenix however long it takes!!

Sky Blues

He says, just after a Walsall fan states other fans would have no sympathy for us because our club rejected a better rent deal for a better stadium than the Saddlers enjoy.

WFC

Don't really want to get drawn into your issues particularly as I'm no expert on your circumstances, but have done quite a lot of reading on it as have a lot of a section of our fans who are quite knowledgeable on such things due to our own battles over the years and most I've spoken to see SISU as your problem, but as I say that's people looking from the outside.

Sky Blues

Don't really want to get drawn into your issues particularly as I'm no expert on your circumstances, but have done quite a lot of reading on it as have a lot of a section of our fans who are quite knowledgeable on such things due to our own battles over the years and most I've spoken to see SISU as your problem, but as I say that's people looking from the outside.

Thank you for your views. I like to hear the views of outsiders because it can bring a fresh perspective to these pages, though I understand your reluctance to say more!

WFC

No worries, hope things go well for you guys in the end (not at our expense in the league of course;) ). I know we all have a bit of banter but us fans have to stick together because let's face it no-one else in this crazy world of football cares about us any more.

Goodnight, will be watching what happens tomorrow.

Otis

Thanks, it was only a rumour about your ground anyway, although it appears to have become 100% fact over the course of 30 pages.

Maybe a ploy by Sisu perhaps to leak the name of Walsall so that when it is in fact to be Brum we don't all feel so bad.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

BrisbaneBronco

Suspect that the reason we switched our home game v Doncaster to Good Friday was because whoever we are ground sharing with were already playing at home on the saturday.
SISU have known for some time that its the end at the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Pete

Don't know how this helps SISU at all as surely the contract for the use of the Ricoh will be between ACL and CCFC Ltd. Also not sure why administration by the club automatically wipes the debt. It doesn't. Simply means administrators are put in charge to find the best way to settle.

ACL should still be able to force admin on the club itself and enable administrators to take over the club. To me this is the best long term solution. The administrators can then get on with finding a new owner for the club. Anyone with any sense will request the deal for £400k rent and the ten years to settle the £1.3m debt. Once this is settled there can be scope for further negotiations regarding rent or income in good faith.

Forget the points deductions and promotion hopes for the season or indeed next season. We are talking about the long term future of the club. That future can only be secure if it does not include SISU.
Absolutely correct

Users who are viewing this thread