No more games at the Ricoh (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you a CCFC fan? let me put it this way. If you had a Mrs (CCFC) and she refused to pay her credit card bill would you tell her she is breaking a legally bining agreement and she must pay up. No you would back her to the hilt show the club a bit of loyalty who is ACL to you?

I've supported CCFC for nigh on 15 years. If my Mrs refused to pay her credit card bill I'd say she was being stupid. If the credit card company offered her lots of extra money and her commitments to be cut to a third of the original value and she still rejected it I'd file for divorce.

Spencer

I don't understand why SISU are still fighting....why havent they just given up....they can't leave the Ricoh, it's just impractical...I am embarrased for the club and look forward to them going back to the negotiating table with their tails between their legs.

Surely you never expected this.

Hopefully there will be an appear where the FL/FA will refuse us permission to move mid-season. Hoepfully ACL do lock us out and press home the winding up order. Hopefully the judge will reject SISU's defence in court tomorrow. That would shoot SISU up the arse good and proper.

How can you hope for any of those things? Do you really believe that they would benefit the football club?

theferret

He was suggesting that crowds would rise for the 'novelty' factor. Total garbage.

Now now, you know he didn't say that, he said they "wouldn't fall off a cliff" and was clearly referring to the last 3 games of the season.

He may well be wrong on that, but if you are going to accuse someone of speaking garbage, at least try and understand what they are saying (is all I'm saying).

mark82

I don't understand why SISU are still fighting....why havent they just given up....they can't leave the Ricoh, it's just impractical...I am embarrased for the club and look forward to them going back to the negotiating table with their tails between their legs.

Hopefully there will be an appear where the FL/FA will refuse us permission to move mid-season. Hoepfully ACL do lock us out and press home the winding up order. Hopefully the judge will reject SISU's defence in court tomorrow. That would shoot SISU up the arse good and proper.

That would put the club out of existence you fucking idiot. I get that you want SISU gone but why would you have the club put out of existence to do so. Get a grip for fucks sake.

wingy

Quite clearly I can see the difference, one is ACL, the other SISU, one is always right, the other is always wrong.

ACL have pursued their debt legally via the courts, if they locked us out, it wouldn't affect this situation in regards to actually collecting rent as CCFC would have to find somewhere else to play. If ACL did do that, it'd be welcomed. Now, however, SISU have left, they're unbelievable? - Unbelievable.

It's also morally wrong to be overcharging someone 6x the market value, but hey.

See you at the away games :facepalm::whistle:

BurbageSkyBlues

So much rubbish on here, in response to what is only conjecture based on a typically crass press release from Sisu.

It has been designed to wind up the fans, get us to put pressure on ACL. And all based on opinion of a response to an anticipated ruling by the court!

ACL have stated that they want to preserve the club, playing at the Ricoh.

The saddest thing in this whole sorry mess, is the divide that SISU's tenure has created, amongst us fans.

stupot07

You actually want the club liquidated?

elephanttears

Not out of spite, but could easily refuse it on the basis of A) the the city doesn't NEED another large stadium, B) the city needs houses not another stadium C) they would have to do a viability assessment...which would be hard to prove.

I have no problem with ACL kicking SISU and CCFC out, SISU are the the worse thing to happy to the City of Coventry since the German regeneration consultants decided that the cathedral would look better open air and the rest of the city looked a bit bumpy so decided to flatten that too

Your an absolute moron.

Stevearcade

I don't think SISU are looking to use fan pressure as a tactic against ACL. I don't think either side truly have much regard for the fans. They're locked in a battle of finances and pride. :(

hill83

No. Because if ACL refused, SISU could of easily gone above them and ACL would be the bad guys in all this.

I get what you are saying, but good guys/bad guys doesn't come into it.
No bargaining tool is no bargaining tool.

theferret

Un-fucking-believable.

mark82

With fans like you I hope your club go bust. There is more to football than Coventry F'ing City!!!

You've shown a complete lack of understanding coming on here moaning about your train tickets. You have come on here just to wind us up. This is what you were also doing when Doncaster were sniffing round Mark Robins.

Brighton Sky Blue

Now now, you know he didn't say that, he said they "wouldn't fall off a cliff" and was clearly referring to the last 3 games of the season.

He may well be wrong on that, but if you are going to accuse someone of speaking garbage, at least try and understand what they are saying (is all I'm saying).

No, read it. He said 'they may well rise for the novelty'.

WestEndAgro

We could bus the Mackems in by the thousand to piss on him.surprised we hav'nt had any on here with all this going on.

I don't think you will have to wait too long Wingy, I'm pretty sure they will be here in their droves tomorrow, assuming this is all true ?

CJparker

You actually want the club liquidated?

No, I want all pressure to be brought to bear to make SISU leave - that means piling the pressure onto CCFC, not giving concessions - I do not want the club liquidated, I want a happy and thriving CCFC without SISU

rob9872

With fans like you I hope your club go bust. There is more to football than Coventry F'ing City!!!

Piss off back down the pit you northern c**t.

Tad

Think it was probably McGinnity who agreed to the deal.

Think that both have been spitting their dummies out to be fair.

Yeah I know they both have.

Was McGinnity drunk when he signed this? All these years at the Ricoh and we've had money pouring out of this club via this.

lordsummerisle

Yeah I know they both have.

Was McGinnity drunk when he signed this? All these years at the Ricoh and we've had money pouring out of this club via this.

Was McGinnity ever sober?

With the money we must have been saving on his drinks cabinet we should have been able to buy the Ricoh twice over!

elephanttears

No, I want all pressure to be brought to bear to make SISU leave - that means piling the pressure onto CCFC, not giving concessions - I do not want the club liquidated, I want a happy and thriving CCFC without SISU

If Sisu leave and some other lot come in to run us, what happens when the council refuse to sell or work with them because they didint agree with ACL slapping a £20 note on their forehead while being raped from behind?

Brighton Sky Blue

The club hasn't been put into admin though, "one of their subsidiary businesses" into admin, and the FL are considering docking us points.

There's so much factually incorrect here. Firstly, the company putting its subsidiary into admin was CCFC Holdings, whose only subsidiary business is CCFC Ltd i.e. the club. Secondly, the club doesn't own ARVO-it's a separate SISU fund.

chiefdave

No, read it. He said 'they may well rise for the novelty'.

No I didn't I said a few may go for the novelty. Meaning that some people may stop going but some people who wouldn't have gone might do for the novelty value. For example I've had a mate in Walsall (not a Walsall or City supporter btw) saying he'll come to a game if we end up in Walsall so that's 1 person who would never go to the Ricoh who would come for starters. I'm not saying we'll maintain what we've got but I don't think we'll be playing in from of 2,000 or anything like that. Could be wrong of course and hope we don't get to find out!

Sky Blue Pete

I do too. They have no interest in a successful football club never have and never will!! No idea what the game is following the sales of dann and fox. Grendel and others think they are supporting the club by supporting sisu I think they are wrong!!

CJparker

This is a bit like the Twitter "Tim Fisher leaves CCFC" rumour - it may be false, and even if SISU have threatened this again, we may end up back at the negotiation table. It think this is a big effort by SISU to get ACL back to the table.

We won't leave the Ricoh, don't worry. It makes no sense

torchomatic

torchomatic

surprised CJ hasnt 'liked' this post.

SkyblueBazza

...just drifting like? Or some other captain at the helm who is so committed to the club he/she will only come in at the last minute to rescue it at the death for the lowest of low cost? They'll be more caring & considerate than what we have now?

Users who are viewing this thread