No more games at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

City TSAR

Of all the forum talk over last few days this is a bolt out the blue

thechase

The Ricoh can be used for more then just football though. There not getting any money off SISU anyway, so no loss is it really? If anything, they'll probably saving on electricity etc that way.

So the money they make from additional revenues on matchdays is fictional is it??

Tad

So the money they make from additional revenues on matchdays is fictional is it??

Nope, but I doubt its enough to cover the costs of lighting, staffing, cleaning, security, stock etc.

CJparker

I can't remember a more eventful day to be a City fan....the ground move stuff does chime with the lease being held by the entity that has been put into admin

But beware...Sky have got the facts wrong before - remember they reported the death of the Queen Mother a good 10 years before the fact!!!!

City TSAR

Of all the forum talk over last few days this is a bolt out the blue. SBT forum is trending. Scenario is like 2 bitter feuding parents not giving a heck about how the kids (supporters) feel as each try to win the emotive card for 5 mins

Brighton Sky Blue

Best future it can have? What planet are you on mate?

How much of a drop do you think the club will lose in ticket sales?

Apparently now the £200k F&B is supposed to secure the future of the club, that equates to 579 people attending each game. So basically if a move to Walsall puts off just 600 people from attending then it hasn't been worth it. You think that is good business sense?

Also where will a new stadium be built in Coventry? Where will the £30m come from to build it?

This is financial suicide.

The offer being rejected would have seen us save £900k a year on rent and gain at least £700k in revenue.

theferret

Nope, but I doubt its enough to cover the costs of lighting, staffing, cleaning, security, stock etc.

The club have been paying £10,000 a match to cover that, and on top of that ACL make from car parking and other F&B revenues.

Sky Blue Pete

What is the point in playing at a stadium that you will "never" be able to 100% own. There is no future in it. The council must sell 100% ownership to Sisu or it will be a white elephant.

If it means traveling to watch my beloved sky blues for a short period of time i will do it. i would walk over hot coals to support them. Unlike some twats saying this is the death, the end lol. Get a grip.
It's not the will its practically impossible mate. Piss off

elephanttears

Best future it can have? What planet are you on mate?

How much of a drop do you think the club will lose in ticket sales?

Apparently now the £200k F&B is supposed to secure the future of the club, that equates to 579 people attending each game. So basically if a move to Walsall puts off just 600 people from attending then it hasn't been worth it. You think that is good business sense?

Also where will a new stadium be built in Coventry? Where will the £30m come from to build it?

This is financial suicide.

Well for a start off we will saving 1.4M a year in rent! You have to stop thinking short term and think long term is the penny going to drop? Sisu dont want to move ground, they want "all the Ricoh". If the ACL do not give in to this biting there nose off to spite there face then the Ricoh will go to ruin and it will be ACL's fault.

CJparker

Unbelievable - SISU surely won't do this, they might as well blow their own brains out. TF should find the dictionary definition of "counter-productive"

Sky Blue Pete

People seem to conveniently forget that.

Hate the idea of my club leaving Coventry, but they were told to get out, people said lock the doors (many people were saying that tonight), and now that they have taken that advice people are crying about it.

You are being stupid this is disastrous! Sisu needed to go not the club and no they are not the same

Tad

The club have been paying £10,000 a match to cover that, and on top of that ACL make from car parking and other F&B revenues.

That's part of the crap deal that was in place. We have to accept that. I don't like it either, but that's where it is. SISU should of paid they're bills, then sat down with them and spoke to them. We are where we are now because SISU spat they're dummy out.

I have to ask, what muppet at this club agreed to this deal in the first place?!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Take it away from Cov and lose 75% of a dwindling support, I hope you fecking idiots will be happy with watching in Walsall with another 2500, so your precious c-uniting hedge fund can get their own way and avoid to pay the debts they are legally obligated to fulfil. !! There are some arseholes on here tonight !

Here here!!!

hill83

Admittedly, this is a terrible turn of events, but it hasn't come totally out of the blue, it was mentioned by Fisher a couple of weeks ago.

Grendel

Unbelievable - SISU surely won't do this, they might as well blow their own brains out. TF should find the dictionary definition of "counter-productive"

You have always wanted the lock out. Now this is happening. Why do you think the FA support the club and not the council and why are you bothered? You have what you wanted.

Bill Glazier

Do you not get it? Sisu are not looking or wanting to take CCFC away from Cov long term, they are doing this to prove to ACL we do not need the Ricoh and are doing this to get a better deal with the Ricoh. They are doing this for the greater good of the football club so we can compete and have a team to be proud of and not have all our revenue streams taken away from us. Think about it.

Are you insane?

Brighton Sky Blue

Well for a start off we will saving 1.4M a year in rent! You have to stop thinking short term and think long term is the penny going to drop? Sisu dont want to move ground, they want "all the Ricoh". If the ACL do not give in to this biting there nose off to spite there face then the Ricoh will go to ruin and it will be ACL's fault.

What owners see fit to move the club out of the city it has played in since it was founded 130 years ago? Even in the short term it is going to lose a lot of supporters from an already diminishing crowd.

mark82

What I heard reported on SSN was that ACL were going to evict us, so club have been talking to another club as an alternative. If it is indeed ACL that have taken this action, will it all of a sudden become ok again?

hill83

That's part of the crap deal that was in place. We have to accept that. I don't like it either, but that's where it is. SISU should of paid there bills, then sat down with them and spoke to them. We are where we are now because SISU spat they're dummy out.

If Sisu paid up, there would be absolutely no reason for ACL to sit down with them and discuss anything at all. Money paid, piss off.
This has been taken far to far, but 'just paying up' doesn't work as a bargaining tool.

Brighton Sky Blue

You have always wanted the lock out. Now this is happening. Why do you think the FA support the club and not the council and why are you bothered? You have what you wanted.

Because one suspects the FA doesn't have all the facts to hand and only heard the club's side of the matter.

coundonskyblue

Rent reduced to £400k.

Paying £400k a year to play at the Ricoh, or £30m to build a new one. It would take 75 years for the club to see the benefit of that.

Brighton Sky Blue

What I heard reported on SSN was that ACL were going to evict us, so club have been talking to another club as an alternative. If it is indeed ACL that have taken this action, will it all of a sudden become ok again?

Obviously. Seeing the club that 3 generations of my family have supported play in Walsall would make me delighted if ACL delivered it.

Mucca Mad Boys

Now isn't the time for such childish comments.

Is it though? He's been a strong advocate of this, yet, when SISU leave the RICOH as opposed to getting 'locked out' by ACL, they are 'unbelievable', it's hypocrisy in its highest form!

This could be a good thing.

skyblue025

Do you not get it? Sisu are not looking or wanting to take CCFC away from Cov long term, they are doing this to prove to ACL we do not need the Ricoh and are doing this to get a better deal with the Ricoh. They are doing this for the greater good of the football club so we can compete and have a team to be proud of and not have all our revenue streams taken away from us. Think about it.

How long do you think SISU can afford to run the club with gates of 5k to try and prove their point?

hill83

Rent reduced to £400k.

Paying £400k a year to play at the Ricoh, or £30m to build a new one. It would take 75 years for the club to see the benefit of that.

I think the key point you are missing here is it would make the club more sale-able.
By far.

Grendel

What owners see fit to move the club out of the city it has played in since it was founded 130 years ago? Even in the short term it is going to lose a lot of supporters from an already diminishing crowd.

Look the council can let the club play at the Ricoh still. Ipswich and Hull both have made similar gestures and ended up playing for free.

Up to the council.

There are no other buyers for the club so its do that or bye bye.

oakey

I don't know why you're bothered by the move, you've been an crying for ACL to lock us out... Well, haven't we done it for them? Or is one side aloud to do, and not the other. Hypocrite! Cough, cough.
If you cannot see the difference you are not open to reason.
One is pursuing a debt legally, after negotiating endlessly and waiting for payment. The other is leaving to avoid an alleged legal debt. Simple, right and wrong, and no hypocrisy at all, if what is reported is true

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread