No Interest Whatsoever (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 4439

Is it that the driver blindly pulled out in front of the motorbike? Or that the motorbike wasnt in sight when the driver pulled out but was going that fast he appeared out of nowhere and couldn't slow down? I'd say a bit of both in all honesty. It's easy to just poi t fingers at drivers for pulling out.
Happens to me everyday (not necessarily motorbikes) the road I live on, as I pull out on the the main road, to the right it bends round to the right, and with cars parked right up to the junction I literally cannot see up one direction until I'm on the road. Add to that people coming down at 40-50mph all the time, it's an accident waiting g to happen.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Exactly this, which is why as a biker it is equally your responsibility to read the road ahead and anticipate. I'm now 3 years into having returned to biking after a 20-year break (simply down to not having the facility to keep a bike without it being stolen). Over the course of the first year I road extensively with an advanced riding group. In year one, I must have had up a dozen instances of 'car-driver' fault, whereas over the last 2 years I think I've only had one, and that was indeed a rare occurrence in which it was obvious to me that this was a car driver in a hurry and who was likely not to spot me. (I'd already planned my defensive behavior and we both came to a controlled stop).

I'd say that on the whole, motorcyclists need to look at themselves first.

hill83

Exactly this, which is why as a biker it is equally your responsibility to read the road ahead and anticipate. I'm now 3 years into having returned to biking after a 20-year break (simply down to not having the facility to keep a bike without it being stolen). Over the course of the first year I road extensively with an advanced riding group. In year one, I must have had up a dozen instances of 'car-driver' fault, whereas over the last 2 years I think I've only had one, and that was indeed a rare occurrence in which it was obvious to me that this was a car driver in a hurry and who was likely not to spot me. (I'd already planned my defensive behavior and we both came to a controlled stop).

I'd say that on the whole, motorcyclists need to look at themselves first.

Couldn’t agree more. I had a motorbike for 6 years before I learned to drive a car and in my opinion the risk of death and awareness needed to plan ahead while riding a motorbike has helped me no end with my driving. Planned defensive behaviour is a great way to explain it.

D

Deleted member 4439

Couldn’t agree more. I had a motorbike for 6 years before I learned to drive a car and in my opinion the risk of death and awareness needed to plan ahead while riding a motorbike has helped me no end with my driving. Planned defensive behaviour is a great way to explain it.

On a motorbike, it can be as simple as moving slightly left to right and back again to ensure that the driver's saccaded attention is caught, and on bike or car taking a line to the outer of the lane markings when spotting what looks like a crowded junction or a mini-roundabout that doesn't have a 'long field of view'.

BodicoteSkyBlue

I think it would be a good idea for learner drivers to spend some time on a motorcycle. I’ve rode a motorbike for around 15 yrs plus driving a car. Bike riding without a doubt improves your road skills, from actually looking at what the road surface is like to forward planning at junctions ect. Every time I’ve ridden a bike I’ve assumed I’m invisible & everyone is out to kill me!! Annoys me seeing kids on mopeds riding along in the gutter, get yourself out in the road, make someone go around you rather than squeezing past.

Blind-Faith

Cars.

Just objects to get from A to B to my mind. I have zero interest in them and don't even understand the terminology, so when someone says something like 'it has twin carburettors' and look pleased with themselves,for me they could have just told me their Auntie Val has got two new warts.

So, cars, speedway, motor racing, monster trucks etc. I have zero interest in.

Wrestling too.

This sums me up aswell apart from speedway and the parents are keen on it so I’ve shown an interest.

Women’s football
Rugby
Reality TV
Exercise
Boxing

Last edited:

wingy

Here's three songs I remember them playing a lot. "The Laughing Policeman", "The Runaway Train" and "I Knew an Old Lady". The fact that I can remember the songs after neary 60 years shows how often they played them. Here they are in all their glory. Listen to these songs and you'll never be the same again!

It may have been?
Or was it a younger spongelike brain that subliminally absorbed the output?

wingy

Cars.

Just objects to get from A to B to my mind. I have zero interest in them and don't even understand the terminology, so when someone says something like 'it has twin carburettors' and look pleased with themselves,for me they could have just told me their Auntie Val has got two new warts.

Wrestling too.
Mine had a Saab 99 (white),no warts .
She was Very influential in my childhood .
IE:- Washed my face with a wet urine soaked nappy, a love of the music of the Walker bro's ,and the car building prowess of the 'Nord's'.

NorthernWisdom

Cars.

Wrestling too.
Carburretors are nearly as passé as this post.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm still around but thanks for your concern ! Just having a break and I moved into a new place on Tuesday so been busy with all that. Nice bungalow in a nice area so that's good, 20 years in Bell Green was enough. Only downer no signal on my T.V. So hope it get fixed tomorrow ?
Bungalow? Jammy sod! I'm still trying for one. Fingers crossed! ;)

bringbackrattles

Bungalow? Jammy sod! I'm still trying for one. Fingers crossed! ;)
They are knocking the block of flats down in Bell Green so the landlords are moving us out gradually. They told me I was top of the list for a decent move, so I said I'd like a bungalow if possible ? First they offered me a few flats to view but I stayed firm and said I'd had enough of living in them now. Anyway my stubbornness paid off and I got the bungalow I wanted. I was told to take a flat and then apply again in 6 months, but sod that I'd never get out, so I stayed firm and moved in a week ago. Down by Cardinal Wiseman fields not far from where I grew up. I thought to get a bungalow you had to be over 70 or physically disabled? Found out that those days are long gone, my neighbours are all ages. Still settling in but hopefully it'll be a good move.

Tommo1993

They are knocking the block of flats down in Bell Green so the landlords are moving us out gradually. They told me I was top of the list for a decent move, so I said I'd like a bungalow if possible ? First they offered me a few flats to view but I stayed firm and said I'd had enough of living in them now. Anyway my stubbornness paid off and I got the bungalow I wanted. I was told to take a flat and then apply again in 6 months, but sod that I'd never get out, so I stayed firm and moved in a week ago. Down by Cardinal Wiseman fields not far from where I grew up. I thought to get a bungalow you had to be over 70 or physically disabled? Found out that those days are long gone, my neighbours are all ages. Still settling in but hopefully it'll be a good move.

We’re a mid 20’s couple, we’d love a bungalow in a quiet area. Bloody cumbersome stairs.

bringbackrattles

We’re a mid 20’s couple, we’d love a bungalow in a quiet area. Bloody cumbersome stairs.
Found out younger people are living in bungalows now. I was in a first floor flat so easy access really, but I'd liked bungalows for years and when I discovered I could get one it was a no brainer. Like a ground floor flat but with nice little gardens front and back !

Tommo1993

Found out younger people are living in bungalows now. I was in a first floor flat so easy access really, but I'd liked bungalows for years and when I discovered I could get one it was a no brainer. Like a ground floor flat but with nice little gardens front and back !

We’re about to move to nice house in Arley. Out of a 2nd floor flat in Tile Hill, the third flat we’ve lived in. Can’t stand lugging things up and down those stairs. Born and raised in Canley, lived in Tile Hill. It’d be nice to put the riff raff behind me.

pastythegreat

We’re about to move to nice house in Arley. Out of a 2nd floor flat in Tile Hill, the third flat we’ve lived in. Can’t stand lugging things up and down those stairs. Born and raised in Canley, lived in Tile Hill. It’d be nice to put the riff raff behind me.
New Arley or Old?

pastythegreat

New I believe. Don’t want people thinking I’m trying to snob the place up. Just more having a joke at Canley/Tile Hill’s expense.
Mate, having lived in Tile Hill most of my life (with a small stint in Stoke Aldermoor and the army) and my best friend from the army having lived his entire life in New Arley, dont expect too much. Your hopes will will dashed almost immediately.

Houchens Head

On my local Housing Waiting List I'm on Gold + for Malvern and Silver+ for elsewhere. Trouble is, I want out of Malvern. Too bloody hilly for me and the missus to get around.
Capture.JPG

bringbackrattles

On my local Housing Waiting List I'm on Gold + for Malvern and Silver+ for elsewhere. Trouble is, I want out of Malvern. Too bloody hilly for me and the missus to get around.
View attachment 15818
I love Malvern especially the hills. But there's problems where ever you live I guess. I'm grateful though I got the bungalow still pinching myself ! Out the back is where we played football as youngsters on Wiseman pitches and I grew up on Woodway Lane just down a bit. Local shops are by the White Horse pub where I drank years ago, now knocked down and currently building houses on. Strange how we often return back to where we lived ?

shmmeee

“180 horsepower, turbo diesel engine, blah blah blah.”

View attachment 15813

Yeah I’m a computers guy not a cars guy, more interested in the gadgets in the car than the car itself. Weird thing is I’d never act like the car guys do when talking to a normie about computers. Just accept you’re weird and to most people it’s just a tool.

Mine was written off recently because it had the cat stolen, before we found out my group chat was full of petrol heads admonishing me because obviously the car broke because I don’t clean my double flange socket out weekly like they do.

skybluesam66

Yeah I’m a computers guy not a cars guy, more interested in the gadgets in the car than the car itself. Weird thing is I’d never act like the car guys do when talking to a normie about computers. Just accept you’re weird and to most people it’s just a tool.

Mine was written off recently because it had the cat stolen, before we found out my group chat was full of petrol heads admonishing me because obviously the car broke because I don’t clean my double flange socket out weekly like they do.
you had your cat stolen - terrible, but you should certainly get the flange sorted - dont know what you may catch

Houchens Head

I've never been too bothered about what's under the bonnet of a car. If it has a wheel in each corner and it moves when I want it to, that does me. I'm similar to Shmmeee above, whereby, I prefer to know what gadgets are in the thing. I have a 12month old Suzuki Vitara All Wheel drive, Booster Jet. It has loads of safety features that really piss me off, so when I get in, I disable them all before setting off. Things like lane warning, bloody automatic braking system, and a few others. It takes all the fun out of driving. I've been driving all sorts of vehicles for nearly 50 years, inc. coaches, double deck buses, lorries, limos etc. I don't need a computer to drive a bloody car for me! (Plus side of my car is, a built in satnav, which I rarely use, great sound system, cruise control, rear camera for parking and front camera which flashes up the speed limit on my dashboard for that particular road.)

Brighton Sky Blue

When we moved from Stoke to Leamington it was an other worldly experience.

Users who are viewing this thread