Nice article in the Independent (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

You were asked if you thought he was a good recruitment for this league, not if is an elite club or beyond a league one club. And in your opinion you said no he wasn't a good recruitment for this division. Now you are trying to backtrack

Maybe I just had a different take on what the implication of the post I was replying to was suggesting, maybe I misunderstood it. But to me it was suggesting (in the context of the whole conversation) that SISU had somehow pulled off something no other clubs owners in the league could achieve. I don't see it that way. Lots of clubs in this league if they were in the market for a manager could have signed TM or a manager with his credentials currently out of work. He's not above the standards of managers in this league currently or at any other time. Will there be any lower? Undoubtedly. Will there be any higher? Maybe, although not many. Hence I say he's top three. Is above the standard set by SISU? Absolutely.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maybe I just had a different take on what the implication of the post I was replying to was suggesting, maybe I misunderstood it. But to me it was suggesting (in the context of the whole conversation) that SISU had somehow pulled off something no other clubs owners in the league could achieve. I don't see it that way. Lots of clubs in this league if they were in the market for a manager could have signed TM or a manager with his credentials currently out of work. He's not above the standards of managers in this league currently or at any other time. Will there be any lower? Undoubtedly. Will there be any higher? Maybe, although not many. Hence I say he's top thee. Is above the standard set by SISU? Absolutely.

I don't think just any club could have signed Mowbray, but thats more down to the stature of the club rather than the owners. I couldn't see Mowbray rocking up at Crewe or Walsall as he has ambitions of managing in the championship again but Sheffield Utd, Wigan, Milwall, Bradford and other clubs with championship potential sure I could see him managing one of those clubs in league 1.

To me he is one of the best managers in the division and therefore a very good recruitment for the standard of the division. His recruitment is not a miracle appointment which seems to be how you interpreted the question but it is a good one.

capel & collindridge

Any manager that has been head-hunted by clubs of the calibre of Celtic, West Brom and Coventry City is an exceptional manager to find in League One. I think TM's only "failure" was to finish one place outside the play-offs in the Championship in 2012. In my book that makes him very much better than even an above-average League One manager.

And I'm assuming that most impartial observers would agree that his league record this year tends to back this assessment up too?

Grendel

Any manager that has been head-hunted by clubs of the calibre of Celtic, West Brom and Coventry City is an exceptional manager to find in League One. I think TM's only "failure" was to finish one place outside the play-offs in the Championship in 2012. In my book that makes him very much better than even an above-average League One manager.

And I'm assuming that most impartial observers would agree that his league record this year tends to back this assessment up too?

Not Tony apparently.

H

Huckerby

Hang on. You don't think he's a good standard manager for the league, but you do think he's in the top 3 managers in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
I feel bad, he is obviously really struggling here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

wingy

I see TM got the LMA performance of the week award for Saturday covering all four divisions
Also he was praising up Lameiras according to one of the radio stations yesterday but I couldn't find anything In print

Users who are viewing this thread