Nice article in the Independent (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

It's pretty much an overview of what he's been saying since signing up permanently for us but it's nice that national newspapers are showing an interest in us again for the right reasons. Football.

D

Deleted member 2477

Nice article and I dont want to start the sisu topic all over again but clearly the training ground was a dump in need of some restoration and yet tm had to take the money from the players budget. Shows what sisu interest in the club is really. They dont want to spend a penny and in my opinion if we manage to go up this season they will take the money and run. Fingers crossed

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not sure about the 'they don't want to spend money' part MarcusP.

Do you not think this season we appear to have turned a corner both off and on it? To me it looks like they are learning from their mistakes. Still work to be done admittedly, but it's always been clear from what Mowbray has said that he's been given a pot of money and he can spend it how he wishes. Yes, he could quite easily have splashed it all out on players, but being the manager he is, he's the one who's decided to spend it elsewhere; training ground, colour of the coach etc. but who's stumped up the cash for that?

Johnnythespider

Not sure about the 'they don't want to spend money' part MarcusP.

Do you not think this season we appear to have turned a corner both off and on it? To me it looks like they are learning from their mistakes. Still work to be done admittedly, but it's always been clear from what Mowbray has said that he's been given a pot of money and he can spend it how he wishes. Yes, he could quite easily have splashed it all out on players, but being the manager he is, he's the one who's decided to spend it elsewhere; training ground, colour of the coach etc. but who's stumped up the cash for that?
The fans ?

stevefloyd

To be fair I think if he had put out some appeal I guess some fans would have jumped and painted Ryton FOC

skybluetony176

50 grand on repainting...yikes

And maintenance, like re-attaching showers to walls. Does make you wonder how they're ever going to build a stadium when they can't even get basic maintenance on the ground done. Perhaps it's another responsibility TM is going to have to take on?

fernandopartridge

Nice article and I dont want to start the sisu topic all over again but clearly the training ground was a dump in need of some restoration and yet tm had to take the money from the players budget. Shows what sisu interest in the club is really. They dont want to spend a penny and in my opinion if we manage to go up this season they will take the money and run. Fingers crossed

The training ground was mentioned in the 'Staying Up' book, the author was surprised at the "white plastic chairs" in the canteen.

The lack of identity isn't a SISU issue really.

I don't want to start the SISU thing again but will anyway you mean.

Rich

Sorry but any business has an overall budget to cover all costs. The owners assigned x to the manager and it appears that they've said spend it in any way you like. He calls it a playing budget, others would just call it a budget.

Ashdown

If we have a successful time of it this season then people need to remember that it will be down to Tony Mowbray, his staff and the fans that have backed them with their money. SISU are contributing nothing as is their stance now so I sincerely hope we don't get any idiots lavishing any praise on them !
Lets just hope this feel good factor lasts though, that's all that matters right now !

D

Deleted member 2477

Fully agree ash. Lets concentrate on backing tm and the players as its down to their hard work not the owners. Some on here have very short memories of the past several years

covcity4life

didnt sisu sack pressley and sign TM?

didnt they then accept his demands?

are sisu really contributing NOTHING to this current success???

skybluetony176

I would think employing the right manager and giving control of the budget to someone who understands how to use it is the least SISU should be doing not something we should be slapping them on the back for.

Rich

People seem to forget that this is a business and the owners are supporting the business by keeping it operating. If this were a manufacturing company down Bayton Road, the owners would've shut it down along time ago.

covcity4life

People seem to forget that this is a business and the owners are supporting the business by keeping it operating. If this were a manufacturing company down Bayton Road, the owners would've shut it down along time ago.

exactly. the worst thing is that half these people backed the council and were proven wrong to do so. but they do not learn

Bill Glazier

If we have a successful time of it this season then people need to remember that it will be down to Tony Mowbray, his staff and the fans that have backed them with their money. SISU are contributing nothing as is their stance now so I sincerely hope we don't get any idiots lavishing any praise on them !
Lets just hope this feel good factor lasts though, that's all that matters right now !

Exactly, Sisu couldn't give a toss about the club now their property ambitions have been dashed. Mowbray has only done what Fisher should have sorted years ago.

Rich

I wonder if TM could finance a deal himself and buy the club of Sisu?
Just a thought..

Only a complete idiot or someone with a hell of alot of cash would buy a football club. I think TM is neither.

letsallsingtogether

Would they have run it so badly in the first place..

Grendel

I would think employing the right manager and giving control of the budget to someone who understands how to use it is the least SISU should be doing not something we should be slapping them on the back for.

Given that successive owners have repeatedly failed all of the above several times I would not agree.

Rich

Would they have run it so badly in the first place..

They made some bad decisions and these are experienced businesspeople. I would have to think that anyone is as likely to have made such bad decisions.
I remember sitting outside a factory on Bayton Road, thinking thank fuck we still have a club to support as Ranson and cronies saved us at the last minute. Whinging bastards like to forget we wouldn't have a club at all had our shite owners not taken over.

I'm not trying to defend the poor business moves as they've made plenty, but if they hadn't taken over we wouldn't have a club at all, when will everyone stop banging on about them and accept the situation that the club is in?

skybluetony176

Given that successive owners have repeatedly failed all of the above several times I would not agree.

What a strange stance to take. Surely employing competent people in the right jobs is a must in business? It doesn't matter if that didn't happen before SISU turned up it's the least we should expect of them, any previous owner and any future owners. We're letting ourselves and club down if we don't.

Grendel

What a strange stance to take. Surely employing competent people in the right jobs is a must in business? It doesn't matter if that didn't happen before SISU turned up it's the least we should expect of them, any previous owner and any future owners. We're letting ourselves and club down if we don't.

In that case by your own barometer 95% of owners fail to deliver their objective

The recruitment of Mowbray like it or not is a coup. I believe you said nobody would work for the current regime or they would have to be a nobody.

It's difficult to believe that Mowbray would have been attracted to many clubs at this level so attracting a manager of his calibre is an achievement.

skybluetony176

They made some bad decisions and these are experienced businesspeople. I would have to think that anyone is as likely to have made such bad decisions.
I remember sitting outside a factory on Bayton Road, thinking thank fuck we still have a club to support as Ranson and cronies saved us at the last minute. Whinging bastards like to forget we wouldn't have a club at all had our shite owners not taken over.
I'm not trying to defend the poor business moves as they've made plenty, but if they hadn't taken over we wouldn't have a club at all, when will everyone stop banging on about them and accept the situation that the club is in?

What a complete misunderstanding of what happened. If SISU hadn't have bought us we would have gone into admin and not only would SISU have not been interested we would have had options on who bought us. You can't even say that SISU saved us from admin as they ensured we went through that process also.

Grendel

What a complete misunderstanding of what happened. If SISU hadn't have bought us we would have gone into admin and not only would SISU have not been interested we would have had options on who bought us. You can't even say that SISU saved us from admin as they ensured we went through that process also.

Yes we'd have been saved by Geoffrey Robinson's consortium - though given his main backer fled and said he couldn't imagine anyone on earth buying the club - perhaps not

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Rubbish had they not taken over we would have gone into admin just like we did with Sisu we would have been better off doing that then than when we did. They did not save us they nearly destroyed us without Sisu and all their smoke and mirror tactics wasps wouldn't be here and we would have had half a chance of the ground being ours and the council helping us out. As it is at the end of any agreement with wasps we might be fucked anyway but you stick with your fantasies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread