Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

I wish, he's a fantastic player.
Few clubs in for him but we do have a chance, ricoh is a massive pull factor for players so nothing will be done until its announced

They don't want to be playing in some shithole in Northampton

Last edited:

cc84cov

Few clubs in for him but we do have a chance, ricoh is a massive pull factor for players so nothing will be done until its announced

Yep knowing us tho it will drag on & on & we will miss out on targets...

RoboCCFC90

Is this Carey thing anywhere or just a rumour?

Ashdown

Back to basics with some embellishments ! Get the spine of the team right from the off. Most important is a half decent keeper, I like Davies and Hyam at our level, Kelly is OK and then we need a decent striker to get on the end of the many crosses and chances we have created. I'm not overly convinced with Baka, Hiwula or Chaplin. Bright and Thomas would be great to have back.

Magwitch

If we’re after a left sided attacking midfielder what does that mean for Jordi?
Can’t wait for him, not going to be back much before Xmas and if he comes back from his injury fit and raring to go will he a big plus, he plays either side.

Nick

Administrator
Can’t wait for him, not going to be back much before Xmas and if he comes back from his injury fit and raring to go will he a big plus, he plays either side.

giphy.gif

Give it up.

Evo1883

I think the best bit of business would be to wait and see if tranmere come up and go for Norwood if they don’t .

We need a goalscorer , shouldn’t cost as much as Chaplin , maybe we could offer a swap deal ?

shmmeee

I’d be happy going into a season with a front four of

Carey Bright Hiwula
Baka

To be honest.

Second string looks a bit ropey mind:

Jones Chaplin Wakefield
Biamou

Or

Unfit Useless Unproven
Unproven

skybluegod

I’d be happy going into a season with a front four of

Carey Bright Hiwula
Baka

To be honest.

Second string looks a bit ropey mind:

Jones Chaplin Wakefield
Biamou

Or

Unfit Useless Unproven
Unproven
Don't get it, you are happy with Baka but not happy with Chaplin?

Baka- 7 goals 4 assists in 31 appearances
Chaplin- 8 goals 3 assists in 31 appearances

Chaplin is certainly not useless. Nor is baka, but based on this season neither is good enough to be the main CF.

oucho

Don't get it, you are happy with Baka but not happy with Chaplin?

Baka- 7 goals 4 assists in 31 appearances
Chaplin- 8 goals 3 assists in 31 appearances

Chaplin is certainly not useless. Nor is baka, but based on this season neither is good enough to be the main CF.
How many of those 31 appearances were starts - I suspect CC had lots more starts than Baka. More game time = lower time to goals ratio.

oucho

Surely that'd put him off playing for us!

skybluegod

How many of those 31 appearances were starts - I suspect CC had lots more starts than Baka. More game time = lower time to goals ratio.

I can't be arsed to look it up, but Chaplin hasn't started much since turn of the year, just like Baka didn't before the turn of the year, so i don't think it will be as stark as you think.

Even if not one could argue we have created more chances and played better during the second half of the season (whether that is due to baka who knows- personally doubt it), and so Baka has had a better opportunity to score more.

As i say don't think either has proved this season they can be our main man, but also don't see how Baka can be seen as a good option and Chaplin is 'useless'

Grendel

It's not really when it is to compare the goals they scored compared to time on the pitch.

So alistair cook is a better bowler than Jimmy Anderson....

Nick

Administrator

Couldn't tell you, don't pay attention to cricket.

If he gets more people out per bowl though in a season then when somebody asks "who had the best ratio for getting people out / gametime" then it's the one who had the best ratio.

Just depends if you want to include them getting 2 people out in the same over or not.

RoboCCFC90

Baring in mind Alistair Cook is a batter and Jimmy Anderson is a bowler, no.

Game time can be deceptive, I agree with that, but not irrelevant.

cc84cov

Not seen much of Carey tbh you tube clips he looks quality left foot is a weapon.

Replacement for Luke thomas I would imagine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread