Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (3 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

It's not pedantry, 'ever-present' literally means 'someone who played in every game'.

If you miss one game, that means you can't be an 'ever present'.

Very good.

Any view on the point I made though?

KG7

Very good.

Any view on the point I made though?

My view on the point you made about Sterling being an ever present was that you were wrong!

My view on the point that if we can get another right back in the vein of Sterling we should be alright with cover is, I like your argument but I don't know how good Hickman is. Can Jordan Thompson cover there? Do we think we can realistically challenge for automatic promotion with 2 x youngsters who may not hit the ground running and no other options?

cc84cov

Bayliss has been quality this season. You lot are nuts! He has had rare dips in form (really rare) but honestly he is classy and central midfield is DEFINITELY his position.

Shipley also looked good there - he has the potential to be a Kelly like player and also chips in with some goals but just because that's the case doesn't necessarily need Bayliss needs to be bombed out.

There is an argument to say that with Shippers and Bright we can do without Bayliss but really, that's two players covering what Bayliss was providing us (mostly) on his own in the first half of the season. I would love to keep him for one more year.
Wouldn’t say he’s been absolutely quality mate has he even had a man of the match this season ? He had a good season last in league 2 in one of the strongest teams in the league for me it’s too early to say how far he will go last not even played 2 full seasons

Great_Expectations

My view on the point you made about Sterling being an ever present was that you were wrong!

My view on the point that if we can get another right back in the vein of Sterling we should be alright with cover is, I like your argument but I don't know how good Hickman is. Can Jordan Thompson cover there? Do we think we can realistically challenge for automatic promotion with 2 x youngsters who may not hit the ground running and no other options?

I know Hickman was rated at one point, but that may have changed now and Thompson is predominantly a centre back. I’d sign one starting RB (á la Sterling) and if the current academy players aren’t good enough, then a promising youngster as cover (á la McCallum).

Grendel

No Collins said he wanted to join the club and robins said they’d never actually considered making an offer.

Also if we had we’d never have signed mcnulty who ended up the better player anyway

Skybluefaz

No Collins said he wanted to join the club and robins said they’d never actually considered making an offer.

Also if we had we’d never have signed mcnulty who ended up the better player anyway
“James Collins is one I tried to sign last season but unfortunately we didn’t have the resources to do it." Mark Robins after Luton at home.

Grendel

“James Collins is one I tried to sign last season but unfortunately we didn’t have the resources to do it." Mark Robins after Luton at home.

James Collins “coventry did not put a bid in”

Thank god or we’d still be in division two

Grendel

So you were wrong. We may not have got promotion we may have won the league. Who knows.

No we never tabled a bid at all. How would we have won the league by having a lump like Collins instead of mcnulty - he’s a horribly limited player

Skybluefaz

No we never tabled a bid at all. How would we have won the league by having a lump like Collins instead of mcnulty - he’s a horribly limited player
You said we never considered making an offer. Robins said we did but couldn't afford him. Stop being a silly bugger. It's OK to be wrong.

twistandshout

Why the James Collins hang up?, we signed McNulty instead who's goals ultimately got us promoted.
If we had signed Collins we would have probably sold him by now as well.
The main difference between us and Luton is that they have strengthened their squad, picking up frees like Collins and Willis without weakening their team.
We have strengthened he squad by buying Chaplin, Baka and Hiwula all players with potential, but at the cost of McNulty.
Luton strengthen we evolve.

skyblueeyesrevisited

Why the James Collins hang up?, we signed McNulty instead who's goals ultimately got us promoted.
If we had signed Collins we would have probably sold him by now as well.
The main difference between us and Luton is that they have strengthened their squad, picking up frees like Collins and Willis without weakening their team.
We have strengthened he squad by buying Chaplin, Baka and Hiwula all players with potential, but at the cost of McNulty.
Luton strengthen we evolve.
We revolve

covcity4life

next season

GK

2xGK

Most exciting as will make a huge impact

CB

Rose
Drysdale
Thompson
Davies
Hyam
williams

is that enough quality or will robins want a new guy in i wonder?

LB

Mason
mcallum
1 x LB

brown is off so we need someone in, mason works hard but i would prefer him as a backup and mcallum is not a starter yet

RB

2xRB

sterling and grimmer likely wont back, lets recruit well here as full backs make huge difference as both sterling and grimmer have shown in recent years.

CM

Kelly
Bayliss
Shipley
Westbrooke
1x CM

I really think we need someone new in here incase young lads go off boil or we need more strength in midfield

amc

bright
bayliss or chaplin can play here i guess so maybe we dont need another amc

Wingers

Jones
Wakefield
Thomas(hopefully)
1 x Winger

We need 1 more winger for sure, left wing so jordy doesnt have to play there every single game and can try upfront once in a while

Strikers

bakayoko
hiwulla
chaplin
biamou
ponticelli

5 strikers so can we afford to buy a new 1? need to move someone on if we do. Most are young so hopefully will continue to improve, max could be big as he can be physical and could rotate with baka alot in lone striker role. Robins may look for more firepower though, ponticelli and chaplin dont seem to fit his tactics.

so for me we 100% need 2 gks(if addai is a bad as most say),3 full backs,1 cm and 1 winger. doable recruitment hopefully

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

I would add to above:
Williams, McCallum and Bright (hopefully)

I would have reservations about max and Jody due to their long term injuries.

The big positions that need filling are goalkeeper and right back...at least 2 players for each

Depending on style Robins wants next season then we need a goal finisher and/or target man.

If we don’t keep Bright or Thomas then need replacements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

I would add to above:
Williams, McCallum and Bright (hopefully)

I would have reservations about max and Jody due to their long term injuries.

The big positions that need filling are goalkeeper and right back...at least 2 players for each

Depending on style Robins wants next season then we need a goal finisher and/or target man.

If we don’t keep Bright or Thomas then need replacements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
have edited thanks

steve82

Tom Eaves of Gillingham is out of contract in June, I think he would be a great signing.

A player of Tom Eaves traits would compliment our strikers hugely, he’d certainly be on my list but I’m sure he’s on a lot of sides list closer to home and higher leagues with a few SPL clubs likely very interested.

A very good player for the level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve82

The retained and released players lists from each club will be starting to be released next week.

Last bit of football to gossip and speculate over before it starts to go quiet and dull for a few weeks.

Sky Blue Harry H

A player of Tom Eaves traits would compliment our strikers hugely, he’d certainly be on my list but I’m sure he’s on a lot of sides list closer to home and higher leagues with a few SPL clubs likely very interested.

A very good player for the level.

Agree with this (except for compliment!) and the fact that I am hoping Max will return mightier than ever!

shmmeee

next season

GK

2xGK

Most exciting as will make a huge impact

CB

Rose
Drysdale
Thompson
Davies
Hyam
williams

is that enough quality or will robins want a new guy in i wonder?

LB

Mason
mcallum
1 x LB

brown is off so we need someone in, mason works hard but i would prefer him as a backup and mcallum is not a starter yet

RB

2xRB

sterling and grimmer likely wont back, lets recruit well here as full backs make huge difference as both sterling and grimmer have shown in recent years.

CM

Kelly
Bayliss
Shipley
Westbrooke
1x CM

I really think we need someone new in here incase young lads go off boil or we need more strength in midfield

amc

bright
bayliss or chaplin can play here i guess so maybe we dont need another amc

Wingers

Jones
Wakefield
Thomas(hopefully)
1 x Winger

We need 1 more winger for sure, left wing so jordy doesnt have to play there every single game and can try upfront once in a while

Strikers

bakayoko
hiwulla
chaplin
biamou
ponticelli

5 strikers so can we afford to buy a new 1? need to move someone on if we do. Most are young so hopefully will continue to improve, max could be big as he can be physical and could rotate with baka alot in lone striker role. Robins may look for more firepower though, ponticelli and chaplin dont seem to fit his tactics.

so for me we 100% need 2 gks(if addai is a bad as most say),3 full backs,1 cm and 1 winger. doable recruitment hopefully

Is Brown confirmed leaving? Or are we just assuming due to playing time?

Edit: also Jordy plays up front already. That’s how he ended top scorer. We don’t play with wingers.

Last edited:

steve82

Agree with this (except for compliment!) and the fact that I am hoping Max will return mightier than ever!

I like Max myself tho it’s a injury that’s hampered his game time and development a lot. I’d like to give him time to adapt get back up to speed.
It took him a while to get to grips with L2 and MR had to bring in another forward in JCH to take the pressure and building negativity around him. It worked and he came good for the run in.

I’d like him time again to adapt bringing in someone else even if it means one going out from the current strikers

shmmeee

And experience GK who can command his box and marshall the defence (and kick straight) and an experienced midfielder who can help us see games out would be huge for next year.

I’d be happy to spend on that alone and loan in the rest with kids/ones for the future in backup.

Worry is of course that we get another Ogogo.

shmmeee

433 or 451 a d hes out wide

Eh. He’s an inside forward, his job isn’t to get to the byline and whip it in (IMO).

I think he’s in his best spot for scoring, him playing from there seems to cause lots of problems.

I think trying to make Robins play 442 when he clearly prefers 4231 is a fools errand.

Grendel

Eh. He’s an inside forward, his job isn’t to get to the byline and whip it in (IMO).

I think he’s in his best spot for scoring, him playing from there seems to cause lots of problems.

I think trying to make Robins play 442 when he clearly prefers 4231 is a fools errand.

I’d stick to the Council Talk forum if I were you

covcity4life

What are you talking about? I havnt told him to play 442

Yes hes an inside fwd but his position is out wide in a 451 or 4231. If he doesnt play there we need someone else. Preferably a winger type like thomas and jones are on the right side

Why be so pedantic??

Grendel

What are you talking about? I havnt told him to play 442

Yes hes an inside fwd but his position is out wide in a 451 or 4231. If he doesnt play there we need someone else. Preferably a winger type like thomas and jones are on the right side

Why be so pedantic??

It’s the classic troll tactic - pretend you have some interest on the subject matter the forum is actually aimed at discussing to try and deflect from his real purpose

Mr Panda

Is Chaplin injured today? Looks like he's at Ryton on his instagram.

I heard around January that Robins already has a striking target lined up for summer. I assume we'll have to move one of the current forwards on...

Users who are viewing this thread