Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (3 Viewers)

edgy

I haven't heard about that one. I'm currently enjoying Busted with the guy who tells me stuff so I'll let you know if anything new comes up.

I take it the Busted After Party has just finished. Now what's the latest?

Mr Panda

I take it the Busted After Party has just finished. Now what's the latest?

Nothing new. The same terrible hint from a couple of weeks back still stands though. Unless something has changed behind the scenes that'll come to fruition mid July

SkyBlueDom26

Nothing new. The same terrible hint from a couple of weeks back still stands though. Unless something has changed behind the scenes that'll come to fruition mid July
Walker on loan in mid July then, makes sense as he'll be playing a div above league 2 and will develop with us

SkyBlueCRJ

Surely their new manager could potentially throw a spanner into the works though with regards to Walker? I spoke to my mate who's an avid Nottingham Forest fan and he feels the new manager may want a look at him or may want to sell as they're once again looking to spend in the window but need to ship players out in order to bring more in.

Mr Panda

Surely their new manager could potentially throw a spanner into the works though with regards to Walker though? I spoke to my mate who's an avid Nottingham Forest fan and he feels the new manager may want a look at him or may want to sell as they're once again looking to spend in the window but need to ship players out in order to bring more in.

Well thats what I'm quite murky on. I don't understand how agreements work in football. If an agreement is made under the Martin O'Neill era does it pass over into the new manager era?

SkyBlueCRJ

Well thats what I'm quite murky on. I don't understand how agreements work in football. If an agreement is made under the Martin O'Neill era does it pass over into the new manager era?

I think to put it simply, if it's not been signed on paper then once the new manager comes in, whatever prior agreement has been made is worthless. Even if the board has given a verbal agreement, if the manager has the backing of the board and feels that he wants Walker as part of his plan this season then that makes any prior agreement made null and void. Realistically if I were in the new manager's shoes I'd want to take a look at a player who'd scored 26 goals last season.

Hopefully they got something in writing and the agreement was official.

Garryb80

I think to put it simply, if it's not been signed on paper then once the new manager comes in, whatever prior agreement has been made is worthless. Even if the board has given a verbal agreement, if the manager has the backing of the board and feels that he wants Walker as part of his plan this season then that makes any prior agreement made null and void. Realistically if I were in the new manager's shoes I'd want to take a look at a player who'd scored 26 goals last season.

Hopefully they got something in writing and the agreement was official.
There are potentially 4/5 strikers ahead of him first team wise. He is 22 so its make or break really. Does he continue trying to break in to their team or become a potential starter at a lower level while his stock is high?

SkyBlueCRJ

There are potentially 4/5 strikers ahead of him first team wise. He is 22 so its make or break really. Does he continue trying to break in to their team or become a potential starter at a lower level while his stock is high?

That's essentially what my mate said. It's highly unlikely he'd get ahead the likes of Grabban for instance, so as you say he'll need to evaluate his options - similar to what Jorge Grant has done. But he also pointed to the fact that a number of players horrendously underperformed last season so considering Walker's record last season, the manager may want to have a look at him first.

To be honest I was more concerned about the fact that he said the manager may possibly want to look to sell in order to finance further moves as their new manager is essentially looking to rebuild the squad.

Garryb80

That's essentially what my mate said. It's highly unlikely he'd get ahead the likes of Grabban for instance, so as you say he'll need to evaluate his options - similar to what Jorge Grant has done. But he also pointed to the fact that a number of players horrendously underperformed last season so considering Walker's record last season, the manager may want to have a look at him first.

To be honest I was more concerned about the fact that he said the manager may possibly want to look to sell in order to finance further moves as their new manager is essentially looking to rebuild the squad.
Permanent signing would be good. Good age off the back of a good season. We clearly have funds available so why not try it

SkyBlueCRJ

Permanent signing would be good. Good age off the back of a good season. We clearly have funds available so why not try it

Depends how much they'd want. Walker is still held in quite high esteem there and he's still got two years left on his contract. Factor in his age and how well he did last season I'd be inclined to guess they'd be within their rights to demand a seven figure fee for Walker's services.

no_loyalty

Billy Kee has not turned up for pre-season training at Accrington due to personal reasons (hopefully nothing to do with depression he previously suffered), wouldn't mind seeing him here if we sell Chaplin, and he becomes available.

Garryb80

Depends how much they'd want. Walker is still held in quite high esteem there and he's still got two years left on his contract. Factor in his age and how well he did last season I'd be inclined to guess they'd be within their rights to demand a seven figure fee for Walker's services.
Cant see anyone paying that much for him after just 1 decent career season.

Garryb80

Billy Kee has not turned up for pre-season training at Accrington due to personal reasons (hopefully nothing to do with depression he previously suffered), wouldn't mind seeing him here if we sell Chaplin, and he becomes available.
Im guessing it is his previous situation resurfaced. No chance will Accrington even consider selling him

SkyBlueCRJ

Cant see anyone paying that much for him after just 1 decent career season.

McNulty was sold for seven figures after one successful season? Had the same length of contract, a similar goalscoring record in his one successful season, was older and wasn't home grown. I suppose the difference is, is that Walker isn't a starter at Forest so he may not go for seven figures as the club won't be desperate to keep him. Struggling to see the fee being within our budget though.

Mr Panda

When I found out about this one I was always under the impression that they wanted to spend some time with him on pre-season tours etc before letting him go on loan again. This was when O'Neill was in charge. Makes sense else Forest will have had no opportunity to touch base with their own player between loans if they just immediately shipped him out to us.

We'll see anytime after this week I suppose.

Garryb80

McNulty was sold for seven figures after one successful season? Had the same length of contract, a similar goalscoring record in his one successful season, was older and wasn't home grown. I suppose the difference is, is that Walker isn't a starter at Forest so he may not go for seven figures as the club won't be desperate to keep him. Struggling to see the fee being within our budget though.
I still don't think any team would pay a 7 figure fee for him. McNulty went up to a level where that fee is low. Walker would be coming down to a level where it isn't

SkyBlueCRJ

I still don't think any team would pay a 7 figure fee for him. McNulty went up to a level where that fee is low. Walker would be coming down to a level where it isn't

I do agree with you, but I was just using McNulty as an example because you claimed that no one would pay such a fee for a striker that has only had one successful season. I'm simply saying that it's unlikely he'll be within budget as they are within their rights to demand whatever fee they want really - again responding to your opinion that he would be within budget. From what my friend told me they wouldn't let him go out permanently easily, especially after the season he's had. Hence why I said they'd be more than within their rights to demand seven figures. I'm not hanging my hat on that statement claiming that definitely is what they'd demand. I said they'd be within their rights - as if the new manager is looking to sell, it would have to be a solid bid that would enable him to facilitate further acquisitions. So like I said, it would depend on how much they would want which at this point would be difficult to guess.

Out of curiosity what do you think they'd sell for?

Garryb80

I do agree with you, but I was just using McNulty as an example because you claimed that no one would pay such a fee for a striker that has only had one successful season. I'm simply saying that it's unlikely he'll be within budget as they are within their rights to demand whatever fee they want really - again responding to your opinion that he would be within budget. From what my friend told me they wouldn't let him go out permanently easily, especially after the season he's had. Hence why I said they'd be more than within their rights to demand seven figures. I'm not hanging my hat on that statement claiming that definitely is what they'd demand. I said they'd be within their rights - as if the new manager is looking to sell, it would have to be a solid bid that would enable him to facilitate further acquisitions. So like I said, it would depend on how much they would want which at this point would be difficult to guess.

Out of curiosity what do you think they'd sell for?
More a case of what we should pay. Id go up to 500k. Based on offering 600k for bright

SkyBlueCRJ

More a case of what we should pay. Id go up to 500k. Based on offering 600k for bright

That's fair enough. Although what we should be paying and what Nottingham would accept could potentially be worlds apart. If Barnsley can cough up a decent amount of up front money for Chaplin such a figure wouldn't be totally out of reach.

fernandopartridge

Not for me, he's the wrong side of 30 and has probably gone beyond his peak already.

Edit, he's only 29 but my other points stand

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread