Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Tom Eaves has still not signed for anybody yet, would love Robins to persuade him to come here.

shmmeee

Marquis still has another year left on his contract, so would command a fee.

Apparently we’ve bid £600k for Bright so obviously this was Joy and Robins at their Coombe Abbey meeting

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Gibbo

Apparently we’ve bid £600k for Bright so obviously this was Joy and Robins at their Coombe Abbey meeting

giphy.gif

I thought there was some doubt as to whether that actually was Seppala. Having seen the picture of her the other day, I came to the conclusion it was. Is the record now confirmed that Mark and Joy had a tete a tete at Coombe Abbey?

SkyBlueCRJ

Heard that we had put in another offer of 800k but that had also been rejected...

If that's true and they've still said no there's not much really we can do. Great job for trying but clearly they're only looking for seven-figure bids - and that's starting bids. Something we're not in a position to be offering.

It's unlikely we'd be able to bring in anyone that good but realistically, given Wolves' stance, they're looking to use Bright as a future investment rather than cash in on him now - which is fair enough. Hence why they've offered the lure of featuring in the Europa League. Something which in my opinion they've purposely done to entice him to sign a new deal - as obviously it's a great step in his career.

Greggs

If that's true and they've still said no there's not much really we can do. Great job for trying but clearly they're only looking for seven-figure bids - and that's starting bids. Something we're not in a position to be offering.

It's unlikely we'd be able to bring in anyone that good but realistically, given Wolves' stance, they're looking to use Bright as a future investment rather than cash in on him now - which is fair enough. Hence why they've offered the lure of featuring in the Europa League. Something which in my opinion they've purposely done to entice him to sign a new deal - as obviously it's a great step in his career.
He's out of contract in a year......

SkyBlueDom26

The good news is that the bid has not been rejected and is understood to remain firmly on the table for the exciting forward who will be entering his final year at Molineux when the new season gets underway, after Wolves triggered a year option on his contract this summer.

Taken from the CT today, its all on wolves.... Puts it into perspective doesn't it surely there must be a healthy wage packet for him too if he comes! MR is being backed brilliantly

SkyBlueCRJ

He's out of contract in a year......

They're trying to extend the contract again though - on top of activating the release clause. Hence why I think that by offering the lure of featuring in the Europa League, they're trying to convince him to sign. If he signs for longer they'll certainly be able to demand more.

Greggs

They're trying to extend the contract again though - on top of activating the release clause. Hence why I think that by offering the lure of featuring in the Europa League, they're trying to convince him to sign. If he signs for longer they'll certainly be able to demand more.
He can't be forced too sign a new deal, whereas the one year extension was compulsory if triggered.

Greggs

I haven't said they can? Hence why in my opinion it's as much in Bright's court as it is in Wolves'.
You said "They're trying to extend the contract again though".......This means nothing if Bright doesn't want to sign. The fact is, he is out of contract in a year. We could get him for the right price, especially if Wolves know he wants to join - and will likely not sign a new contract when his expires - hence lose him for free.

cc84cov

Still think it’s gonna take more than 800k fair play to the club though putting money up this pre season.

Grendel

Won't they get compo if he turns down a contract next year?

No one knows what contract he’s even been offered this year

Users who are viewing this thread