Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (3 Viewers)

Garryb80

Could be worth a contract on a free career seems to be going the wrong direction was on loan to Mansfield in league two but maybe robin's coaching could get him firing again?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Couldn't get in mansfields team and scored 3 in 19 games in 2 loan spells. 2 seasons in his career over 10 goals. 5 year deal surely.

higgs

Couldn't get in mansfields team and scored 3 in 19 games in 2 loan spells. 2 seasons in his career over 10 goals. 5 year deal surely.
We seem to be just offering 3 yr deals at the moment

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Micah Richards released by Villa, not played for two years. Wonder if he fancies staying in the Midlands, I'm sure we could offer him fantastic wages.

AStonesThrow

We don't need old cloggers whose legs are going that have no resale value.
Wouldn't even totally Base it on resale value, league one football, especially some of the wingers/strikers, has a habit of being very pacey. Not sure someone lacking match fitness/practice along with gained and natural timber would fit the bill.

Talking of natural timber (aside from the obvious Richard Wood joke) , I wouldn't mind seeing Omar Beckles in a Cov shirt

kg82

We don't need old cloggers whose legs are going that have no resale value.

I wouldn’t want Whelan, bit too old. But his legs have hardly “gone”! His game’s never been about pace and he played 35 games in the Championship this year.

stupot07

Micah Richards released by Villa, not played for two years. Wonder if he fancies staying in the Midlands, I'm sure we could offer him fantastic wages.
You would want to sign a player who hasn't played since October 2016??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

Carey who was previously linked with City is now interesting Burton Albion, who are in the race for his signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

I wouldn’t want Whelan, bit too old. But his legs have hardly “gone”! His game’s never been about pace and he played 35 games in the Championship this year.
I'd take Whelan in a heartbeat but he'll get better offers than us.

Magwitch

Glen Whelan is the type of experienced player who could be the bed rock for any lower league club with promotion hopes. Haven’t followed his career so don’t know how he’s played lately but I think subject to fitness he could do a Michael Doyle for a year or two. Trouble is he might be fee free but would want a good and probably prohibitive wage.

Last edited:

CanadianCCFC

Haven’t followed his career so don’t know how he’s played lately but I think subject to fitness he could do a Michael Doyle for a year or two. Trouble is he might be fee free but would want a good and probably prohibitive wage.
We’ve got Glen Whelan
It doesn’t work.

hill83

What about Beckham, he looked good last week against retired 50 year olds. Or the original Ronaldo. Is Pele still knocking about?

SkyBlueDom26

Glen Whelan is the type of experienced player who could be the bed rock for any lower league club with promotion hopes. Haven’t followed his career so don’t know how he’s played lately but I think subject to fitness he could do a Michael Doyle for a year or two. Trouble is he might be fee free but would want a good and probably prohibitive wage.
For that sort of player, we should have been in for Boateng who signed for MK dons.
Strong defensive midfielder

steve82

Peterborough spent a good six figure fee to get Matt Godden from Stevenage too last year. They do invest well each summer in players who they feel will take them to the next level and can make profit on if they perform

Soon it will click again and they achieve promotion to the championship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread