Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

2 goalkeepers incoming, I’d imagine given Stockdale’s current contract situation and wages - he’d be ruled out? Can’t see a deal like that pushed over the line this quick

Winny the Bish

2 goalkeepers incoming, I’d imagine given Stockdale’s current contract situation and wages - he’d be ruled out? Can’t see a deal like that pushed over the line this quick
I feel more confident that Stockdale IS one of them now, seeing as the CT purposely haven't mentioned him. They mentioned the Norris and Chapman rumours but left him out.

I firmly await being proved wrong though.

fernandopartridge

I feel more confident that Stockdale IS one of them now, seeing as the CT purposely haven't mentioned him. They mentioned the Norris and Chapman rumours but left him out.

Stockdale is OBVIOUSLY part of the deal to play at St Andrews

Great_Expectations

Not exactly rave reviews from their fans, but fan opinion on keepers is more likely to be divided as it’s a high profile position. Plus, some players adapt and find form/up their game when they move clubs.

Saying that, I assume he’ll be our second choice keeper. I know MR said he wants two keepers to compete for the starting spot, but I’m hoping the other is the stronger of the two.

Edit: that reads more negativity than I intended. I’m by no means writing him off.

SkyBlueSoul

Saying that, I assume he’ll be our second choice keeper. I know MR said he wants two keepers to compete for the starting spot, but I’m hoping the other is the stronger of the two.

My mate from Donny seems to think the same re being 2nd choice. Doesn’t say he’s bad necessarily

42299a01103a8dfab946179e85f28de3.jpg

Ashdown

Makes you wonder how our recruitment team are attracting players in terms of what are they saying about the clubs current predicament. Also it suggests the club must be relatively confident of having the turnover or funding to pay the squad ?!

torchomatic

Makes you wonder how our recruitment team are attracting players in terms of what are they saying about the clubs current predicament. Also it suggests the club must be relatively confident of having the turnover or funding to pay the squad ?!

Probably because the recruitment team have more idea what is happening than the fans on social who just make shit up. "I've heard...", "Apparently...", "Rumour is...."

better days

OSB has previously explained that revenue from player sales can only be accounted for when the instalments arrive
McNulty's fee would have been payable over several tranches
Whatever we got last season would have been used to fund the players who came in then
There will be further payment(s) from Reading this season, some of which will be available for the playing budget

edgy

In my mind, I don't see where a club is playing is that much of a deal breaker at this level of football. Be it at Ricoh, St Andrews, Northampton or Walsall, 99% of them wont care. As long as they are getting their wedge, they won't be fussed.

Nick

Administrator
In my mind, I don't see where a club is playing is that much of a deal breaker at this level of football. Be it at Ricoh, St Andrews, Northampton or Walsall, 99% of them wont care. As long as they are getting their wedge, they won't be fussed.

Exactly, it's not like a Bolton or Bury situation where the players aren't getting paid.

It would be then that they are really kicking off or it would put people off signing.

Ashdown

But what I meant was rather than the big stands and playing surface, the turnover will be significantly affected if not at the Ricoh, hence budgets will have to be adhered to, which makes me suspect with the incomings there is perhaps more hope of a deal than is being let on.
If ticket revenue was to fall by 75% as some polls suggest in a ground share then SISU either know of a pending deal for Callum Wilson or they have just got very friendly with the bank manager for a big loan cos they're sure not gonna fund the gap.

Grendel

But what I meant was rather than the big stands and playing surface, the turnover will be significantly affected if not at the Ricoh, hence budgets will have to be adhered to, which makes me suspect with the incomings there is perhaps more hope of a deal than is being let on.
If ticket revenue was to fall by 75% as some polls suggest in a ground share then SISU either know of a pending deal for Callum Wilson or they have just got very friendly with the bank manager for a big loan cos they're sure not gonna fund the gap.

They’ve been funding gaps for years

cc84cov

Can’t see Stockdale coming here if we don’t know where we’re playing...

Unless it’s St Andrews I’m sure he would be happy to sign lol

Grendel

They've made a couple of loans in recent years that have been repaid to my knowledge, that's all !?

No every year the club has lost money and the gap has had to be funded

mark82

They've made a couple of loans in recent years that have been repaid to my knowledge, that's all !?

You're right that the money is "loaned" (it's on the accounts as debt) but it's not being repaid. They are putting money into the club on an annual basis to cover the shortfall.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You're right that the money is "loaned" (it's on the accounts as debt) but it's not being repaid. They are putting money into the club on an annual basis to cover the shortfall.

You're right it's not being repaid but it is sitting there accruing them compound interest - fantastic way to make money for the cash rich. It does of course help CCFC short term in term of cash flow but long term the club ends up paying out more, lenders ended up receiving a lot more. Same system as only paying min repayment on a credit card - soon adds up to eyewatering amounts as the interest accrues interest and it's much better to pay it back ASAP if you can afford it.

ceetee

As you say...............if you can afford it.
The club could, of course, spend all the incoming transfer money to pay off their debts.
I'm sure the fans would sympathise

Users who are viewing this thread