Next Season team at the moment (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

-----------------------Burge

Philips----Clarke/Seabourne------Johnson
O'Brien-----Fleck-----Thomas------Coulibaly-
---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Subs - Willis, Webster Urquart, Clarke, Daniels, Barton Swanson Allsop Baker Thomas Haynes

Last edited:

stupot07

-----------------------Burge

Philips----/Johnson/Seabourne-------Hayes
O'Brien-----Fleck-----Thomas------Coulibaly-
---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Subs - Willis, Webster Urquart, Clarke, Daniels, Barton Swanson Allsop Baker Thomas

Sounds like Johnson mainly played Left back for sheff weds, and I think Pressley will start Clarke centre backs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

Sounds like Johnson mainly played Left back for sheff weds, and I think Pressley will start Clarke centre backs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Oh right I assumed CB

So a 6 foot 3 monster left back

Not sure if that is a good idea

stupot07

Oh right I assumed CB

So a 6 foot 3 monster left back

Not sure if that is a good idea

Yep, that's what the Wednesday fan was saying on the other thread. They had 4 6ft+ at the back and a 6ft 3 striker. That's why he scored so many from corners

dongonzalos

Yep, that's what the Wednesday fan was saying on the other thread. They had 4 6ft+ at the back and a 6ft 3 striker. That's why he scored so many from corners

Looks like that why he got rid of Blair then.
Just to have a left back who stays at the back

Last edited:

stupot07

Looks like that why he hit rid if Blair then
Just to have a left back who stays at the back

Yeah, and if you're playing with more conventional wingers you're not so reliant on your fullbacks to provide the width.

ccfcway

Yeah, and if you're playing with more conventional wingers you're not so reliant on your fullbacks to provide the width.

----------------------Allsop-- --------------------
Clarke-------Webster----Seabourne----Johnson

O'Brien-----Fleck--------Thomas-------Swanson
-------------------Couilbaly--------------------------
-----------------------------Thomas---------------

Subs - Burge, Willis, Urquart, Philips, Daniels, Barton, Baker, Hayes

stupot07

I reckon Willis will start rightback and Clarke centre back with Webster.

Perhaps we'll scrap signing a centre forward and play baker in the false 9 position ;)

dongonzalos

I think Burge will start.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Squad is starting to take shape but still a long way to go

The two loan players, why are they only till January? We need to get them till the end of the season. It's important we don't have a high turnover on loans next season as it really disrupted the team last season with loads coming in and out every few weeks.

Secondly has Pressley had a chance to do his background research on these loans coming in from Bournemouth or is it a case of taking what we are given, its gonna be pointless if in September Pressley decides these loans don't have the right attitude/mentality to play in his team, this is something Pressley made a point of last season saying the scouting network was much improved to ensure we get players with the right mentality

skybluegod

The team doesn't look to bad at the moment tbh, well the first 11 look decent at least.

-----------burge--------
Willis--Webster--seabourne-Johnson
O'brien---Thomas-fleck-Swanson
---------------baker----------
---------------Thomas

Allsop,Clarke,Phillips,Haynes,coulibaly, Barton,Daniels, finch,Lawton,urquhart,

Obviously need 3 new strikers and then baker drops and the 2 strikers come in, but that squad does not look too bad, I expect Barton to move on, but with 5 more additions I'm actually quite excited.

Sky Blue Harry H

The team doesn't look to bad at the moment tbh, well the first 11 look decent at least.

-----------burge--------
Willis--Webster--seabourne-Johnson

O'brien---Thomas-fleck-Swanson
---------------baker----------
---------------Thomas

Allsop,Clarke,Phillips,Haynes,coulibaly, Barton,Daniels, finch,Lawton,urquhart,

Obviously need 3 new strikers and then baker drops and the 2 strikers come in, but that squad does not look too bad, I expect Barton to move on, but with 5 more additions I'm actually quite excited.

This reminds me of when i used to write out the team with Hadji, Chippo, Keane et al and think we were world beaters (and we still managed to disappoint), and that first season in the Championship when I thought we would definitley be top 4 ( hope I'm wrong, but I'm not excited.........yet)

dongonzalos

Yeah I expect seabourne to drop out, is SP maybe regretting that one now?

Yes could be him and Jordan together. Old experienced warrior alongside quicker youngster learning the ropes. However I wonder if Jordan will revert back to RB and Seabourne and Johnson get a full preseason together and we get to have a consistent partnership.

skybluegod

Yes could be him and Jordan together. Old experienced warrior alongside quicker youngster learning the ropes. However I wonder if Jordan will revert back to RB and Seabourne and Johnson get a full preseason together and we get to have a consistent partnership.

We need a settled back 4 this year, that was our biggest problem for me last year and one of the reasons we conceded so many. We must at least have a settled center back partnership.

Nick

Administrator
We need a settled back 4 this year, that was our biggest problem for me last year and one of the reasons we conceded so many. We must at least have a settled center back partnership.

And one that if all else fails they will kick it out of the ground. We conceded too many from silly individual mistakes where their striker just put them under a bit of pressure and they flapped it. if in doubt, put it out.

skybluegod

And one that if all else fails they will kick it out of the ground. We conceded too many from silly individual mistakes where their striker just put them under a bit of pressure and they flapped it. if in doubt, put it out.
Agree, makes me want james mcpake back really, he was injury prone yes, but he was a good defender imo, and he was no nonsense

Nick

Administrator
Agree, makes me want james mcpake back really, he was injury prone yes, but he was a good defender imo, and he was no nonsense

That might be the way that Pressley is setting things up with fast wingers, big defenders etc. It might be that we don't try and play suicide balls as if our centre half is messi and then blame the pitch conditions etc.

Hobo

You speak a lot of sense. Two of my all time favourite defenders Trevor Peake (cov) and Paul McGrath (Villa and Man U). When you are the last man play the ball in the direction you are facing, if necessary regroup and defend a corner or throw in.

covcity4life

Clarke-----Seabourne---Johnson-------new signing

-------------------new signing--------------------------
-----------------------------new signing---------------

is that i expect for first 11 of new season.

FRY-CCFC

Not a bad side really. With a good pair of strikers we could surprise a few.

covcity4life

Not a bad side really. With a good pair of strikers we could surprise a few.

yeah the striker signings will be vital. if we can do alright i expect a playoff push, if we cana void 10pt deduction we may finnaly get it!

skybluegod

You speak a lot of sense. Two of my all time favourite defenders Trevor Peake (cov) and Paul McGrath (Villa and Man U). When you are the last man play the ball in the direction you are facing, if necessary regroup and defend a corner or throw in.

Exactly, I'm all for nice football and playing out from the back, but not at stupid times, if we want to get promoted we need to keep clean sheets. Sometimes you just need to smack it out.

skybluegod

We have less quality up front.relegated.

Entitled to your opinion of course, but there's no need to score as many goals as we did last season if we stop conceding so many. I would much rather win five games 1-0 than win one game 5-0 and lose the other 4. It may not be as exciting and easy on the eye. But if it means getting promoted and success then it's fine by me. If we can get 3 decent strikers in I think we will be okay.

Gint11

Side isn't looking too bad providing we bring in 3 strikers.

KersleyDigs

Pressley I think will have this as a skeleton:

---------------Allsop------------
Clarke---Webster---Reda-----?--
O'Brien--Thomas---Fleck--Swanson
-------------?--------?-------------

If we had a game tomorrow, based on what I know, I'd go:

--------------Allsop--------------
------Clarke----Willis---Reda------
O'Brien----------------------Haynes
--------Baker-Thomas-Fleck--------
----------------Swanson-------------