New Statement from SISU re. Council (2 Viewers)

olderskyblue

I'd be stunned if they hadn't agreed an indemnity with the council (but then again could a council sign up to such an agreement anyway)

That's one of my worries. Just what have the council promised "those pesky*" wasps
* added for Stu

stupot07

WTF, come on Stu, you're normally better than that.
Apologies.

I just can't see one reason why wasps cant come to the table, and I don't see them doing so as throwing away their bargain chip. Their bargaining chip is actually signing on the dotted line of a deal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

And Wasps are simply using whatever they can to stop them.

What the Wasps are doing is essentially emotional blackmail to get SISU to drop the legals.

They can churn out the same line that they've been doing up to now, but they're fully aware of the consequences that could have on CCFC, which I wouldn't imagine they've given a second thought to.

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly BSB, I wouldn't imagine that there is one person that believes SISU are doing the Club any favours by continuing to challenge the legal aspect of the deal that saw the Ricoh sold to the Wasps, but legally they're entitled so CCC and Wasps need to stop jumping behind the litigation as an excuse not to talk.

Maybe they’re afraid the legals have some merit? Who knows. The curious part is that the Council would stand to gain a huge sum from the appeal’s success...

Nick

Administrator
Apologies.

I just can't see one reason why wasps cant come to the table, and I don't see them doing so as throwing away their bargain chip. Their bargaining chip is actually signing on the dotted line of a deal.

Of course they can come to the table to discuss and negotiate things. They can also use the legals as a negotiating tool from their side.

I think Wasps / CCC / The Trust didn't expect the accounts to be filed, they then didn't expect the EFL to allow a groundshare somewhere else. They also expected SISU to suddenly shit themselves / have a massive injection of tradition and do anything they want to get a deal if they said "we will only do a deal if you x and y".

olderskyblue

Apologies.

In reality, there isn't a good reason they couldn't all sit down and go through it like any normal business would, however, we're way beyond reality

Nick

Administrator
In reality, there isn't a good reason they couldn't all sit down and go through it like any normal business would, however, we're way beyond reality

Some of them did sit and go through it with independent people there. One just sent somebody else.

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

It's an excuse to distress the club. People went apeshit when it was ACL which looked like it may be being distressed but get behind it if it's CCFC because it "really shows SISU".

Hoffman has gone quiet again.

There is nothing stopping the Council, Wasps and SISU getting round the table where the ideal outcome of negotiation is legals dropped and a deal at the Ricoh. Strange how Duggins can not bother turning up to meetings and just repeat "legals" like a Parrot.

That guy is a few crackers short of a parrot. More the kind of pigeon that tries to nab half eaten sausage rolls in the Lower Precinct

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course they can come to the table to discuss and negotiate things. They can also use the legals as a negotiating tool from their side.

I think Wasps / CCC / The Trust didn't expect the accounts to be filed, they then didn't expect the EFL to allow a groundshare somewhere else. They also expected SISU to suddenly shit themselves / have a massive injection of tradition and do anything they want to get a deal if they said "we will only do a deal if you x and y".

Yeah generally if you try and play chicken with SISU you’ll end up losing or crashing

Nick

Administrator
Yeah generally if you try and play chicken with SISU you’ll end up losing or crashing

That's the thing. You can't bang on for years that they don't care and then expect them to care.

It's like accusing somebody of physical child abuse / neglect and then threatening to hurt their kids to get at them.

olderskyblue

Imagine that, the strange scenario where SISU won JR2, Wasps had to repay the council £24m and the council had to pay it back!

not sure if i should give that a like or not...

chiefdave

Nick posted this earlier but I think its been missed. Duggins has slipped out his response buried in a CT article.
Cllr Duggins told CoventryLive: "Given they have been progressing a new stadium since 2013 [before the club left for Northampton], surely they must know every site, but it seems not. That is suprising.

"They are trying to distract the people of Coventry that they alone need to decide are the legals more important than the club playing in Coventry as we all want.

"Andrew Walster [director of Streetscene at the council] has outlined what they need to do in reference to future applications.

"If the club leaves Coventry it is Sisu and Sisu's decision alone as it was in 2013."
Again a complete and utter failure to address any of the issues raised in SISUs statement. The more he responds in this manner the more it appears he doesn't' have an acceptable answer. There was very specific points made by SISU, shouldn't be difficult for the council to answer them unless of course what SISU is saying has some truth to it.

Nick

Administrator
Nick posted this earlier but I think its been missed. Duggins has slipped out his response buried in a CT article.

Again a complete and utter failure to address any of the issues raised in SISUs statement. The more he responds in this manner the more it appears he doesn't' have an acceptable answer. There was very specific points made by SISU, shouldn't be difficult for the council to answer them unless of course what SISU is saying has some truth to it.

That's the thing, now that SISU have obviously seen he is a weak link and maybe doesn't have Weber Shandwick they are pointing out specifics and going at him. He is just saying the same thing over and over that he is being briefed about and not disproving things.

He just keeps trying to play the "It is all SISU" act as if it is 2013 and nothing else has ever been said

Brighton Sky Blue

That's the thing. You can't bang on for years that they don't care and then expect them to care.

It's like accusing somebody of physical child abuse / neglect and then threatening to hurt their kids to get at them.

Also doesn’t help that the Council is led by a ten-a-penny halfwit who overestimates his acumen. He is new to the game and SISU have spotted that which may be why Woody has drawn less flak.

RoboCCFC90

The statement today from Cllr Duggins is laughable, as you've said Chief it does not address any of the issues raised by SISU.

How long did it take for Cllr Duggins to come up with this and who did he consult beforehand? It's suicidal from CCC.

Nick

Administrator
The statement today from Cllr Duggins is laughable, as you've said Chief it does not address any of the issues raised by SISU.

How long did it take for Cllr Duggins to come up with this and who did he consult beforehand? It's suicidal from CCC.

The thing is, he gloated that public opinion is on his side when he was questioned about the "4 year condition" thing. He keeps quoting Jimmy Hill Way.

I actually think when he just keeps saying "It is all SISU" he honestly believes it and that everybody believes it like they did years ago.

olderskyblue

tbf, If I were the council, I wouldn't let Duggins say anything other than the formatted response.

Brighton Sky Blue

The thing is, he gloated that public opinion is on his side when he was questioned about the "4 year condition" thing. He keeps quoting Jimmy Hill Way.

I actually think when he just keeps saying "It is all SISU" he honestly believes it and that everybody believes it like they did years ago.

In keeping with the WW2 analogy he’s a bit like Rudolf Hess flying solo to Scotland to get the UK to surrender while everyone else quietly pretends they don’t have a clue who he is.

Sky Blue Pete

SISU are within their legal rights to challenge any outcome in court, therefore as much as the council/Wasps think they're being a nuisance, SISU are simply exploring the channels available to them.

Wasps/Council could talk to SISU/CCFC about an agreement to remain at the Ricoh, however they hide behind the appeal in court, which our legal system shows to be fair - as the Chief has suggested Wasps and CCC could easily use a mid-long term rental agreement, with revised terms, as a condition of dropping the legal actions once an agreement has been signed.
Consequence is there’s no deal at the Ricoh or in Coventry though. Sure they can keep going to court and losing but when do they give up?

RoboCCFC90

Consequence is there’s no deal at the Ricoh or in Coventry though. Sure they can keep going to court and losing but when do they give up?

I don’t believe they will stop. SISU believe there is clearly a case to be answered hence the repeated challenges in court.

Regarding the consequences I’m pretty sure SISU don’t give two hoots tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread