New Statement from SISU re. Council (4 Viewers)

smileycov

Facebook User
No issues with your comment on the Council. They clearly favour Wasps over SISU which in turn hurts us as a by product.
SISU have learnt lessons?
Have they? Can you show a single tangible thing that SISU have learnt.
They were releasing statements like this last time we were building a stadium. Last time we were suing the people we needed help from.
I see no change at all. SISU in my opinion are exactly the same as always.
No support for them from me.
In regards sisu they are showing signs of support and less interference in the squad/team - we have spent at least a million on transfers this season, can’t remember that happening before. We appear to be building a future instead of destroying the team constantly. They have made mistakes and are still far from a good owner. However my point is the council are killing this club, they may or may not build a stadium but the evidence shown against the council is shocking - they have no intention of helping us due to spite

Magwitch

In regards sisu they are showing signs of support and less interference in the squad/team - we have spent at least a million on transfers this season,
And received over £1.5million in transfer money plus the Maddison bonus, not decrying what you say but tell the whole story.

ceetee

True but they didn't take the money out as interest which some seem to think they do.
That's part of the whole story as well

smileycov

Facebook User
And received over £1.5million in transfer money plus the Maddison bonus, not decrying what you say but tell the whole story.
My story is the fact they are showing signs of change. The council are screwing us over...but you can ignore the council bit and continually try revert back to sisu

Nick

Administrator
Interesting that Duggins slips a few random lines in a Telegraph article out as a response.

Cllr Duggins told CoventryLive: "Given they have been progressing a new stadium since 2013 [before the club left for Northampton], surely they must know every site, but it seems not. That is suprising.

"They are trying to distract the people of Coventry that they alone need to decide are the legals more important than the club playing in Coventry as we all want.

"Andrew Walster [director of Streetscene at the council] has outlined what they need to do in reference to future applications.

"If the club leaves Coventry it is Sisu and Sisu's decision alone as it was in 2013."

Just copy and pasting the same thing over and over again.

Sky Blue Pete

Interesting that Duggins slips a few random lines in a Telegraph article out as a response.

Just copy and pasting the same thing over and over again.
Who’s decision is it whether we leave coventry then nick? It’s not yours or mine

Sky Blue Pete

Wasps and the Council it seems.

Not too sure I ever did say it was yours or mine did I?
You really think it’s wasps and the council? Wow

You don’t think the owner of the football club has any say at all?

It’s all three of them surely. The solution lies in them all sitting down and agreeing a solution

No one of them is more at fault for us having to move than the other, they are all culpable

Nick

Administrator

It’s all three of them surely. The solution lies in them all sitting down and agreeing a solution

No one of them is more at fault for us having to move than the other, they are all culpable

Isn't it the Council and Wasps refusing to meet and discuss things without the legals being dropped first, rather than using that as a potential outcome after discussion?

Wonder which one of those has more say in that? Who didn't turn up to even try to agree a solution when there was a meeting in Westminster?

chiefdave

Personally I think the owner of the football club, rather than those actually running the football club, could call off legal action. However there is no guarantee Wasps would then agree to a deal and there is absolutely no reason talks can't take place while the legal action is ongoing.

I have serious concerns that the council should be essentially allowed to blackmail anyone into dropping legal action against them. While we may all agree the current legal action is pointless who gets to make that decision? Its a dangerous path to start going down. And of course it raises the issue that if nothing has been done wrong why are they so desperate for the action to stop.

I 100% believe that Wasps could, and should, be able to do a deal while legal action is ongoing. And I also believe the council can influence them to do so given the nature of their relationship.

I also think the conditions SISU have given to drop the legal action are entirely reasonable and can see no reason for the council to reject them.

olderskyblue

Personally I think the owner of the football club, rather than those actually running the football club, could call off legal action. However there is no guarantee Wasps would then agree to a deal and there is absolutely no reason talks can't take place while the legal action is ongoing.

I have serious concerns that the council should be essentially allowed to blackmail anyone into dropping legal action against them. While we may all agree the current legal action is pointless who gets to make that decision? Its a dangerous path to start going down. And of course it raises the issue that if nothing has been done wrong why are they so desperate for the action to stop.

I 100% believe that Wasps could, and should, be able to do a deal while legal action is ongoing. And I also believe the council can influence them to do so given the nature of their relationship.

I also think the conditions SISU have given to drop the legal action are entirely reasonable and can see no reason for the council to reject them.

So, you want Wasps to give up their bargaining position, but not SISU? Wasps gave due warning that this could all come to a head, and it has always been within SISU's power to avoid it without needing to move the club out of Coventry. Their recent press releases seem to have blinded some to this simple fact.

I'm sure you know the reason they all want the legal's to stop, as it has to be a drain on cashflow etc having to pay lawyers. The likelihood is that it's a false claim, and a complete waste of everybody's time and effort as well, so reasons there.

So, is it blackmail, or just trying to get SISU to stop the foolishness of continued legals, which could then lead to fruitful discussions?

And just for clarity chief, what are the conditions? There isn't much detail is there?
  • a stadium development supported by the council in Coventry with enabling development on reasonable terms
  • a medium term interim arrangement with Wasps on commercially acceptable terms to stay at the Ricoh Arena until CCFC's own stadium is complete
Reasonable terms? do you know what they are actually asking for?
Commercially acceptable terms with Wasps? Do you know what these are?

The answer has to be no, yet you consider them entirely reasonable...

Don't get me wrong, none of this should stop them getting together to discuss it, but to just accept what SISU has said without your normal scrutiny you give to anything the council put out, seems off to me.

As always, I'd rather the respective teams met to discuss this with no pre conditions, and then find a solution, but i guess that will only happen in my dreams.

Nick

Administrator
So, you want Wasps to give up their bargaining position, but not SISU? Wasps gave due warning that this could all come to a head, and it has always been within SISU's power to avoid it without needing to move the club out of Coventry. Their recent press releases seem to have blinded some to this simple fact.

I'm sure you know the reason they all want the legal's to stop, as it has to be a drain on cashflow etc having to pay lawyers. The likelihood is that it's a false claim, and a complete waste of everybody's time and effort as well, so reasons there.

So, is it blackmail, or just trying to get SISU to stop the foolishness of continued legals, which could then lead to fruitful discussions?

And just for clarity chief, what are the conditions? There isn't much detail is there?
  • a stadium development supported by the council in Coventry with enabling development on reasonable terms
  • a medium term interim arrangement with Wasps on commercially acceptable terms to stay at the Ricoh Arena until CCFC's own stadium is complete
Reasonable terms? do you know what they are actually asking for?
Commercially acceptable terms with Wasps? Do you know what these are?

The answer has to be no, yet you consider them entirely reasonable...

Don't get me wrong, none of this should stop them getting together to discuss it, but to just accept what SISU has said without your normal scrutiny you give to anything the council put out, seems off to me.

As always, I'd rather the respective teams met to discuss this with no pre conditions, and then find a solution, but i guess that will only happen in my dreams.

What bargaining position are Wasps giving up exactly? They enter talks and do the deal based on the legals being dropped.

Surely that's why people like Duggins actually met and discussed things to find them out? Rather than just shouting LEGALS every 5 minutes and saying things are made up without actually disproving anything.

Brighton Sky Blue

What bargaining position are Wasps giving up exactly? They enter talks and do the deal based on the legals being dropped.

Surely that's why people like Duggins actually met and discussed things to find them out? Rather than just shouting LEGALS every 5 minutes.

Probably to look hard, like Duggins and his bizarre analogies

RoboCCFC90

So, you want Wasps to give up their bargaining position, but not SISU?

SISU are within their legal rights to challenge any outcome in court, therefore as much as the council/Wasps think they're being a nuisance, SISU are simply exploring the channels available to them.

Wasps/Council could talk to SISU/CCFC about an agreement to remain at the Ricoh, however they hide behind the appeal in court, which our legal system shows to be fair - as the Chief has suggested Wasps and CCC could easily use a mid-long term rental agreement, with revised terms, as a condition of dropping the legal actions once an agreement has been signed.

olderskyblue

Surely that's why people like Duggins actually met and discussed things to find them out? Rather than just shouting LEGALS every 5 minutes and saying things are made up without actually disproving anything.

Whether you think that or not is unimportant. They obviously do.

And what bargaining position are SISU giving up if they drop legals? Seemingly none, so why don't they drop them?

chiefdave

I do give SISU scrutiny but my priority is having a football club to support next season, preferably playing in Coventry.

There is absolutely nothing stopping talks taking place yet for some reason there are those that desperately defend the council and Wasps stance no matter what damage it does to the club.

stupot07

Whether you think that or not is unimportant. They obviously do.

And what bargaining position are SISU giving up if they drop legals? Seemingly none, so why don't they drop them?

Sisu haven't got a bargaining position even with the legals.

Absolutely no reason why wasps could not come to the table and start to negotiate a deal now. O2 are going to sue Eriksson over the 4G fallout a few months back, do you think Eriksson will be refusing to work with O2 in the meantime.

You're coming across as a wasps apologist.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

SISU are within their legal rights to challenge any outcome in court, therefore as much as the council/Wasps think they're being a nuisance, SISU are simply exploring the channels available to them.

Wasps/Council could talk to SISU/CCFC about an agreement to remain at the Ricoh, however they hide behind the appeal in court, which our legal system shows to be fair - as the Chief has suggested Wasps and CCC could easily use a mid-long term rental agreement, with revised terms, as a condition of dropping the legal actions once an agreement has been signed.

As much as I do think that SISU are bad actors in this process we have an appeals system for a reason. We are led to believe that the ground has increased 7x in value because of Wasps’ presence-nobody finds that hard to believe? Either the council undersold, Wasps are exaggerating the real value or a bit of both.

olderskyblue

And Wasps are simply using whatever they can to stop them.

RoboCCFC90

As much as I do think that SISU are bad actors in this process we have an appeals system for a reason. We are led to believe that the ground has increased 7x in value because of Wasps’ presence-nobody finds that hard to believe? Either the council undersold, Wasps are exaggerating the real value or a bit of both.

Exactly BSB, I wouldn't imagine that there is one person that believes SISU are doing the Club any favours by continuing to challenge the legal aspect of the deal that saw the Ricoh sold to the Wasps, but legally they're entitled so CCC and Wasps need to stop jumping behind the litigation as an excuse not to talk.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly BSB, I wouldn't imagine that there is one person that believes SISU are doing the Club any favours by continuing to challenge the legal aspect of the deal that saw the Ricoh sold to the Wasps, but legally they're entitled so CCC and Wasps need to stop jumping behind the litigation as an excuse not to talk.

It's an excuse to distress the club. People went apeshit when it was ACL which looked like it may be being distressed but get behind it if it's CCFC because it "really shows SISU".

Hoffman has gone quiet again.

There is nothing stopping the Council, Wasps and SISU getting round the table where the ideal outcome of negotiation is legals dropped and a deal at the Ricoh. Strange how Duggins can not bother turning up to meetings and just repeat "legals" like a Parrot.

Users who are viewing this thread