New Statement from SISU re. Council (3 Viewers)

olderskyblue

That's a brilliant reply, fair play to whoever does the clubs social media these days. They have to deal with some shit but never seem to lose their cool.

Its Hill83...

Evo1883

It’s been quite the eye opener for me over the last few months tbh .
I utterly despise Coventry city council now and pretty much any city fan should feel the same , biggest wankbags of the lot

Should take a huge banner to the game after Bristol at home “Lucas and duggins ,we will never forgive , and never forget “

Evo1883

The bit I don’t get is why all of this behaviour has had cross party backing.

Mate , you only have to look at Brexit (irrespective of how you voted )to understand politicians don’t give a fuck about people’s feelings or emotions , it’s all about their little back handers and agendas .
Absolute scum all of them

They’d sell their own kids for money I’m sure

usskyblue

They are, they just aren't alone!

SISU have effed up royally in the past but we’ve seen an improvement recently. A good league 2 campaign and two Wembley wins. This year we’ve done well to consolidate due, in part, to SISU backing Robins with what he wanted player-wise.

So, I’ll ask...what the fuck have the Council done to help the club and fans ? Where’s their improvement ? How have they backed anyone except for a fucking franchise rugby team from London ?

Paul Anthony

I'm starting to feel like our owners really aren't the shitbags we all thought they were. In fact, right now I'd go as far as to say I'm in their corner. #TeamSISU.

Fuck me, that felt weird.

There's nobody, SISU or Council, who comes out of this mess looking sparkling clean. Both sides have played their part. What recent revelations regarding the council have done is revealed the part they have played, and indeed continue to play, is far worse than certainly I'd understood before. What gets me is that there should have been a massive outrage about these things. What happened? Did the Telegraph get stuck into it? No, Not at all, really. They could have. They should have. The Trust? A massive missed opportunity to recover some face and finally appear as representative as they claim to be.

SISU aren't angels. They're a long, long way from being that. And there is no doubt, they've made terrible, damaging mistakes in their time here. But do people realise how much of a part the council have played in all of this? Do they care, or is it just easier to stick to the old line of its ALL down to SISU?

Last edited:

Cavan O'Doherty

I'm starting to feel like our owners really aren't the shitbags we all thought they were. In fact, right now I'd go as far as to say I'm in their corner. #TeamSISU.

Fuck me, that felt weird.
Christ some really have bought the PR. Fair play to Sisu they’ve really managed to hoodwink a fair few on here into believing they’re the ones that are blameless in this situation. Make no mistake they are just as accountable for this mess as the council are, no matter how much they try to play the victim. The only victim in this situation is CCFC not Sisu!

Skybluefaz

Christ some really have bought the PR. Fair play to Sisu they’ve really managed to hoodwink a fair few on here into believing they’re the ones that are blameless in this situation. Make no mistake they are just as accountable for this mess as the council are, no matter how much they try to play the victim. The only victim in this situation is CCFC not Sisu!
Find me one person who thinks they are blameless

Mucca Mad Boys

No one has said SISU are blameless, but perhaps the penny is dropping for an increasing amount of fans that SISU aren’t the only bad guys in this. To use an example, their stadium plans, or lack of rather, was criticised. But, given the council’s role in any large scale development in the city, it should have been self-evident that the animosity between SISU and CCC was going to be a problem in moving the plans forwards, realistically.

Frankly, in my opinion SISU are coming off better than the CCC in these last few public exchanges.

This rhetoric of ‘drop the legals then we’ll talk’ just has to stopped because it’s not going to get anyone anywhere and as we’ve seen in the past, SISU are willing to walk away and ground share.

kg82

I keep finding it surprising how personal both sides seem to sound when putting out these statements.

Also, we’ve been disinvited from city of sport civic launch?! What!! That’s ridiculous!

Fergusons_Beard

I’m leaving this here

Coventry named European City of Sport
Our overall vision for the year is:

To promote and celebrate, in every community, the benefits of sport and physical activity, and to be the catalyst for a fitter, healthier city in the future

We will do this in three ways:

Culture and Sport

We want to use the year to break down divisions between sport, activity and culture and focus on enriching the lives of individuals and communities in our city. We want to see innovative and new ways to get people moving and active in Coventry. This also begins to set the stage for 2021 when Coventry will become the UK's City of Culture.

Year of Wellbeing

2019 will be the Coventry and Warwickshire Year of Wellbeing. We want to use the European City of Sport title to improve the health and wellbeing for everyone in Coventry. Sport helps us stand side by side in arenas and share a chat with neighbours. It is also a key part of our work towards a healthier city. We are creating a cleaner, greener, more active city that everyone can be proud of, and sport is at the heart of it. So expect to see a year of activities built upon engaging with our communities to improve both physical and mental health.

Celebrate

We will use our status to celebrate sport and other physical activities in Coventry while highlighting the opening of new facilities and initiatives such as The Wave water park. Whether we are celebrating the success of our sporting heroes, cheering on our school teams, raising charity cash in a walkathon, or aiming for a personal best on a Parkrun, sport touches us all. It is enjoyed by the old and the young - it builds communities and it brings people together. It has helped to shape our fantastic, multicultural city, with those who have forged new lives here bringing us sports as diverse as Gaelic football to Kabaddi. This is something worth celebrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robbiekeane

But what will everybody blame their whole life failings on now, if they don’t have the big bad capitalist pantomime villain to scream at primitively on a Saturday afternoon?

Life is easier when there is one big nasty villain....

usskyblue

The council’s seemingly blasé disregard for the club and its supporters is more apparent with both, the lack of an timely response from SISU’s first statement, and the selected media response that finally dropped.

From what’s come out; they look like shit, and they continue to dig a bigger hole for themselves. It’s almost as if they feel like they’re free from blame in some people’s eyes...

...oh wait

eastwoodsdustman

The last few weeks have made the ‘its all sisu’ lot look a bit silly. Sisu are shit but the council were fucking over the club long before they turned up and obviously haven’t changed.
We have our winner!
They’ve been bleeding the club dry since 2002 and as soon as Sisu did something about it the council fucked the club a bit harder.
The club, no matter who the owners are, will get nowhere whilst these bunch of vindictive, poisonous people we have somehow elected are on charge.

I was eleven in 87

This is the sort of information from SISU that us fans have been crying out for, for years!!
Whilst I know all sides have been shit I certainly would have had a lot more understanding of the saga if they had been producing this sort of information as they went along.
At least it’s forthcoming now.

higgs

It looks like we don't have a future in Coventry anymore our own city how depressing. We are being forced out by the mafia

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Peter Billing

Obvious that ccc have sided with wasps to stop us playing at the Ricoh, and can’t see them saying “ of course you can have some of our land to build your new ground on” not defending the council but if they’re trying to get sisu to sell isn’t that what we all wanted, think that’s what their plan is ,We ground share for a couple of years hoping that sisu decide they’ve had enough Mr Hoffman and his friends step in and wer’e back at the Ricoh, bit ironic that sisu could stop the councils little plan by dropping the legals

Yes but we can't take at face value they are doing it with our interest as fans in mind. It's a commercial issue for them. Their priority is to protect their Ricoh project, they know full well that having CCFC on a long term tenancy greatly supports Wasps but what's good for them is life support for us.

Cavan O'Doherty

Find me one person who thinks they are blameless
To hear from some that “they’re on their side now” is ludicrous. Some people seem to have swallowed the rubbish that the Sisu PR machine is churning out far too easily. By no means are Sisu the only party to blame, but to be on their side after all they’ve done to us is very fickle indeed.

Liquid Gold

We have our winner!
They’ve been bleeding the club dry since 2002 and as soon as Sisu did something about it the council fucked the club a bit harder.
The club, no matter who the owners are, will get nowhere whilst these bunch of vindictive, poisonous people we have somehow elected are on charge.
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and had to read a few times to see if you were arguing with me. Orange juice and a lie down.

JulianDarbyFTW

To hear from some that “they’re on their side now” is ludicrous. Some people seem to have swallowed the rubbish that the Sisu PR machine is churning out far too easily. By no means are Sisu the only party to blame, but to be on their side after all they’ve done to us is very fickle indeed.

My post was meant to be slightly humourous, but it seems that wasn't clear. Out of interest, whose side would you prefer I was on?

luwalla

Genuine question... knowing what we know now, about the council have been screwing the club over, what do we now think SISU have done wrong. And this isn’t a ‘Sisu are now great’ rhetorical question... as I have my answers! But I also have to admit that most of the things I thought they were to blame for, actually stem from the council screwing us over and the club trying to fight back I think

Users who are viewing this thread