New stadium (1 Viewer)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I don't think many believe it's going to happen (myself included). Even if it were, surely there is at least a 10 year time frame on it given we are locked in at the Ricoh for the next 10 years. Don't expect to hear much.
I don’t think it will happen, but retain a slight bit of hope

COV

Has anybody heard anything recently about our plans to build a new stadium at warwick uni? Is it just me who thinks it’s a bit worrying/odd that we haven’t heard anything for a while?

was hoping to go one day without seeing that something was "worrying" or "concerning" :)

More likely that we end up owning the CBS again somehow if Wasps implode.

Neither are likely, but I'd say the latter slightly moreso

jim20

I think some form of shared ownership of the CBS is probably the way forward. Unless we get promoted and SISU decide to use the money on a new stadium….which is unlikely

SBT

The Club and the University do not expect to issue a further statement on the project until early in 2021, when we hope to be able to share further details on this exciting project with Coventry City’s fans and the community.

Does the last week of August still count as early 2021?

SBT

You realise that anyone mocking the new stadium is going against the official policy of these very forums, which is that we're delighted with the plans?
"As supporters of Coventry City we are delighted by the joint statement from CCFC and Warwick University. It is all the more pleasing given the assurances we received earlier this year from Dave Boddy and Joy Seppala on the priority that CCFC and Sisu were placing on having a stadium of our own and their desire to have continued close relationships between the supporters, the club and the owners.

With that in mind, does anyone know why the thread with the proposed forum statement has been deleted?

slowpoke

Anyone who believes this fanciful stadium would ever get planning permission in that monied area of Coventry live in cloud cuckoo land.

Grendel

was hoping to go one day without seeing that something was "worrying" or "concerning" :)

More likely that we end up owning the CBS again somehow if Wasps implode.

Neither are likely, but I'd say the latter slightly moreso

there is zero chance of the latter

Grendel

You realise that anyone mocking the new stadium is going against the official policy of these very forums, which is that we're delighted with the plans?

With that in mind, does anyone know why the thread with the proposed forum statement has been deleted?

is there a single day of your life when you are not a self satisfied smug arsehole - and if there is can you just post on that day?

slowpoke

Just think for a minute what needs to be done in that area for the logistics of a 25000 seat stadium it’s bad enough at the CBS with its limited roads to shift a full house after a match you’d be in queues to the A45 for hours

Sky Blue Pete

Could you ask Boddy whenever you meet him next why there’s been no further update on this new ground?
Would imagine it will be a standing agenda item.
the last update was the uni working on an overall plan apart from his words on sky about the 10 year deal being reflective of the timescale on the new stadium and that Ms Seppalla is personally leading on it

Reactions: Dog

Grendel

No need to get personal, fatty.

The problem is you have no appeal - you attempt to be edgy but it fails every time. No one really takes any notice if you do they? You’ve been on here for donkeys years but you are really the Willie Boland of the group. An invisible irrelevant little man which I suspect is reflective across your whole life.

If you stopped posting in here no one would even know - would they?

Users who are viewing this thread