New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Says we’ve got to deal with the WMCA, surely they’ll just put cov council back in their place?

All major planning apps, esp those which will require major infrastructure have to consult with all neighbouring authorities. Don't believe they can veto but can get things sent for Public Inquiry.

Nick

Administrator
All major planning apps, esp those which will require major infrastructure have to consult with all neighbouring authorities. Don't believe they can veto but can get things sent for Public Inquiry.

The thing is, if the YMCA and Warwick University are involved then CCC will be less inclined to fuck about and play silly games like if it was just "SISU".

Ring Of Steel

30 million budget seems like nothing

modular, albeit would be very basic under the stands

Cost of a 'traditional' stadium= about £2,000 per seat, cost of modular= £1,300 per seat, built a whole year faster, totally green & environmentally friendly. Thats before the facilities underneath which is why at that budget we'd be getting bare bones underneath the stands.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Modular= can be disassembled, transported and put back up anywhere, just in case we fancy continuing our tour of Midlands towns to play in.

Don't like the capacity but there you go. Take out away fans & thats about 16,000 home seats- too low for Championship and the way we're heading, but with modular that could be increased very quickly. Can't complain about the 'sense' behind it.
That’s not really what modular means in a moderns sense.

Skybluefaz

There's a lot of land on the Cryfield side where a lot of sport pitches currently are, whether alongside or in place of them would be my initial guess for a spot
I imagine, that they could form part of the training facilities, wasn't the plan always to have some 'all in one' stadium and training facility? In which case, sell Ryton use that money to put towards stadium, leverage and enhance existing Warwick uni facilities for training

Liquid Gold

Just a thought, the Observer article mentions

Could well be that we sell Ryton and move training and Academy over there too?
Certainly something to get the university interested if we could give them a load of top quality sporting facilities as part of the deal.

Sbarcher

Warwick Uni, the next Loughborough!

AFCCOVENTRY

Just a thought, the Observer article mentions

Could well be that we sell Ryton and move training and Academy over there too?

New training ground and academy facilities have been mooted Warwick Uni. We have close ties already with their sports science Department. Could be a masterstroke to finally secure the clubs future.

pastythegreat

On the Warwickshire side of the site so don’t have to get planning permission from the council.

I’m sure that’ll be the new thing people use as a stick to beat the club with though. “Well it’s not in Coventry is it” despite the fact it takes just as long to get from the city centre to the Ricoh as it does to get to Warwick Uni.
Its perfect for me living in Tile Hill! Bring it on!!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Would make sense. Maybe they will make a mini version of the Etihad Campus.

It wouldn't even have to be that I don't think, there are a lot of facilities there. The place they had the kids party was pretty shiny and new with the gym and facilities.

ajsccfc

Could have held off building the new campus sports hub and made it part of the deal. I miss the skanky old sports hall, those goals were perfect size

Mucca Mad Boys

Can't help but think the Ricoh is still the end goal in all of this, but this definitely gives the club a strong hand to play.

Interested to see the next stage of the plans

I can’t help but think owning/part ownership of the RICOH is a pipe dream.

Realistically, the club needs to secure its long term future. We cannot do that if we’re renting a stadium from landlords we’ve been at odds with in and around a decade now.

Two exiles from Coventry, constant legal battles with Wasps/CCC, constant fears over where we’re playing.

Leaving Highfield Road was the worst decision we’ve made in my lifetime. Can any of the older supporters think of a worse decision the club has made?

It’s time to cut ties with the RICOH and move on. Whether by accident or design, the council made the club’s position untenable when 100% of the stadium was sold to Wasps.

The RICOH is probably too big for us (unless we became a Prem team) and certainly too big for Wasps.

cc84cov

WELL

Didn’t see that coming I still feel Ricoh is number 1 goal this is just another tactic to show their hand and force council & wasps into a deep think

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The thing is, if the YMCA and Warwick University are involved then CCC will be less inclined to fuck about and play silly games like if it was just "SISU".

I agree - one of the biggest employers and business generators in the city right now.

Don't think the Village People hold much sway over them though.

clint van damme

Was rumoured so foreplay to @WestEndAgro and anyone who dissed him should apologise.

Still not 100% sure they will do it. They basically wanna put more pressure on wasps. But good news . I rarely go to that part of the city so not sure how long it will take to get stadium but the club's issues are bigger than mine!

he did good mate but there's no need to go that far.

cc84cov

Announce the return of the “west terrace” and I’ll be happy build a ground with character and fuck that soulless Ricoh off

Nick

Administrator
Certainly something to get the university interested if we could give them a load of top quality sporting facilities as part of the deal.

They already have them!

The interesting thing will be the link up with things like physios etc as well.

Users who are viewing this thread