New signing set to be announced today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Had the club said anything or just cet

rupert_bear

Think any marquee signings will be announced after July 5th, when early bird finishes, would make business sense not sure if that would attract any stampede for STs though

mrtrench

I suspect that signings will be announced as they are completed. Can we please rename the thread to new signing to be announced yesterday?

Otis

Telegraph have changed their headline.

it now reads 'Coventry City may possibly be close to potentially maybe signing someone, some time soon. Don't watch this space, because it could be quite some time yet.'

chiefdave

I'm probably on the wrong side of this. But isn't that what a journalist should do? Seems funny to get annoyed at reporters for reporting.

Depends what type of story we're talking about. With something like the kit then as the paper have (or maybe had!) a decent working relationship with the club they will be given the details in advance so they can prepare but told not to publish until a certain time. That's fairly standard and happens with lots of announcements.

Transfers could be argued don't fall under the same category and the CT are right to speculate. Unless they club have specifically asked for it to not be made public then there's no reason for them not to report on something. Of course if the club has concerns about how much is reaching the press then they would need to look internally to find who is passing that information on.

Of course the problem with trying to be first to report, as we've seen the last few days with the CT, is that you end up looking a bit stupid when something doesn't happen.

Woodster

I reckon Andy Turner is bored of people asking him when we're going to make a signing so is just going to respond with 'should be today' every time.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Just had a tweet back from Andy Turner reference the new signing.

I asked:

@xiGardy: @AndyTurnerccfc Any transfer news expected today for the city and has the Friday/Monday deal fell through? #pusb

He replied:

@AndyTurnerccfc: @xiGardy Not fallen through, still waiting. I'm told it's routine but just waiting for player to put pen to paper.

Skyblueweeman

Think any marquee signings will be announced after July 5th, when early bird finishes, would make business sense not sure if that would attract any stampede for STs though

Good point that. That, though, would require some business acumen and if you ask many on here whether our owners have any of that....

ptr

Think we can safely say Andy Turner/Cov Tel doesn't know as much as they lead us to believe. They probably know just as much inside information as the Cov Mad website does!

tom88

Its safe to say Lawton has signed

He has put a selfie up on his Instagram page to which JOB replied "WTF am I seeing here?

Lawton has replied see ya tomorrow mate :p

no_loyalty

The Stokes deal is being sorted out by Waggott, so he probably wont be here for at least another month

SlowerThanPlatt

I actually think Reda is a shit player but he brings a massive presence which unfortunately no one else brings in our side. His defending is quite poor IMO last season but maybe that was because he was injured a lot

Kingokings204

I think I saw Andy turner say we have signed a new player or will be signing and we will have heard of him apparently.

kg82

I think I saw Andy turner say we have signed a new player or will be signing and we will have heard of him apparently.

Yeah, then someone's asked him if it's a new player or someone re-signing, which he's answered "take an educated guess". If it's someone we've heard of, my educated guess is it's one, two or all of the re-signings.

Users who are viewing this thread