New shirt sponsor unveiled this afternoon (3 Viewers)

chiefdave

The charity have said they have no problem allowing for one-off sponsorship. Its for one game.

The club gets revenue out of it so I fail to see what the issue is? Could somebody elaborate please?

I certainly see your point but I think some people will see that following on from yesterdays news that SISU are suing a local charity, they are now dropping another local charity for a fast buck. This is why companies have PR people, they are supposed to advise on things like this, it's not always the details of any action but how the action is percieved.

skyblue1991

I certainly see your point but I think some people will see that following on from yesterdays news that SISU are suing a local charity, they are now dropping another local charity for a fast buck. This is why companies have PR people, they are supposed to advise on things like this, it's not always the details of any action but how the action is percieved.

I can completely understand if the Grace Research Fund expressed their wishes to keep their logo on the shirt for the game and the club completely ignored them, but its been stated that they have always said they'd have no problem with another sponsor on the shirt should the opportunity arise.

chiefdave

Sorry to quote myself but the PR from the club is shocking these days. Have SISU sacked the company they had advising them or was that only in matters relating to the rent dispute - not that there was much good PR out of that! Everytime they do something you can sit and within a few seconds think of better ways to handle it. For example for this game you could say all the players are going to donate their signed shirts from the game to be auctioned off for the charity. Costs the club nothing and makes a much better story than we've dumped the charity for this game to make a few quid.

James Smith

More likely to have been announced today to try and help bury the story from yesterday.

chiefdave

I can completely understand if the Grace Research Fund expressed their wishes to keep their logo on the shirt for the game and the club completely ignored them, but its been stated that they have always said they'd have no problem with another sponsor on the shirt should the opportunity arise.

As the saying goes 'perception is reality', it doesn't really matter what Grace have said if the perception is they have been kicked out for SISU to make a few quid off this match. Given that this response is entirely predictible why not do something to head off any criticism before it gets started? Anything the club does as a response to criticism will just be seen as firefighting and trying to squirm out of a bad situation where they could have fairly easily eliminated or at least minimised as much as possible the oppertunity for criticism.

asb

Sorry to quote myself but the PR from the club is shocking these days. Have SISU sacked the company they had advising them or was that only in matters relating to the rent dispute - not that there was much good PR out of that! Everytime they do something you can sit and within a few seconds think of better ways to handle it. For example for this game you could say all the players are going to donate their signed shirts from the game to be auctioned off for the charity. Costs the club nothing and makes a much better story than we've dumped the charity for this game to make a few quid.

Think the PR has realised that no matter how bad the stories are the support is not going any lower then the level they have reached. When you are at rock bottom (or approaching it) it is time to do what you want without fear of annoying people, because those you might have offended have no interest in anything past the kicking of a ball.

I am ready for a few more years of poor PR before they really start to make an effort. The majority will then forget, say let bygones be bygones, and move on. The good news will be signalled by the introduction of a friendlier public face of the Club, someone that can talk without the level of incompetence shown by the current group.

runner

Wonder what the odds will be on double finger victory ... 10 v 1 ... we should at least get one surely :D

ccfcway

For the cup final wasn't there a coach company that wanted to make a deal to drive the team to the game but got told to get stuffed as we always used Harry Shaw?

Hoffman coaches. "Guaranteed to turn up whenever we are in the news"

kg82

Sorry, can't be bothered to go through every page so don't know if it's been asked - Tynan Scope... He was a youth keeper, right?

kevinleftpeg

Have I got this right? Our owners are ditching 'Grace' for a betting sponsor, as a one off for a high profile match, for a few grand?

Surely 'Grace' would benefit from the exposure during this televised game? Even chance to be aired for a couple of minutes during the build up etc............

Our very same owners who have vast sums to support us for 5 years years while we await a brand spanking new stadium near Coventry?

You seriously could not make this up! This single action tells you everything you need to know about our owners.

Users who are viewing this thread