New Ricoh rumour (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

He seemed to know well in advance that our new home kit would be an update of the 80s one, although admittedly it could just have been an educated guess

PurpleBin

He seemed to know well in advance that our new home kit would be an update of the 80s one, although admittedly it could just have been an educated guess

Probably because he's pally with some of the team...He has banged on about signings before and chatted utter shite. He's unlikely, just as much as we're not to know anything about stuff like this.

For what it's worth, I think we'll be back for the end of January but thats just an assumption based on what games we are selling tickets for!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Probably because he's pally with some of the team...He has banged on about signings before and chatted utter shite. He's unlikely, just as much as we're not to know anything about stuff like this.

For what it's worth, I think we'll be back for the end of January but thats just an assumption based on what games we are selling tickets for!
Seriously? If that's the case, either the EC have decided it isn't investigating fully or someone has dropped some kind of restrictive clause in the agreement. Would be great if the cup tie could be first game back, wouldn't it?
Having said that, i can't see it myself!

PurpleBin

Seriously? If that's the case, either the EC have decided it isn't investigating fully or someone has dropped some kind of restrictive clause in the agreement. Would be great if the cup tie could be first game back, wouldn't it?
Having said that, i can't see it myself!

Yeah...I think I mentioned it on another thread. The home tickets are currently only available up until Wycombe. 3 weeks....pre season you could buy up to Lincoln game i.e. roughly half a season. Seems a conincidence we're not selling far in advance.

I'd imagine it's an admin nightmare if people have tickets for St Andrews and then need to change to Ricoh.

EDIT - Seems they're all on now! Certainly weren't earlier this week. That's that theroy fucked then!

SkyBlueCharlie9

Then i guess we will just agree to disagree
The pitch is a disgrace. Its was relaid in summer and has only had 8 first team games on it, in 6 months and is quite clearly not established. The winter has been damp but very mild - ideal growing conditions for grass. Totally embarrassing and clearly it would not cope at all well with CCFC sometimes playing 2 matches in a week!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There is a lot of poverty in the local area where that money could be put to really good use. Have you seen child poverty levels in London?
Bugger. For one solitary moment I thought they might consider donations here . Someone slap me with a wet fish.

jordan210

I'm not sure, the fact Wasps have just received 490k from the Saracens fine may mean they feel there is not rush to push it through.

Have wasps been given more as hasn't everyone been given £350,000.

I assume once tax and so on is paid that figure becomes a lot lower.

Grendel

Tax ?? They need to make a profit to pay any tax

Last year they did of course make a profit as for the claim its enough money to not require our return for a while it will corner operating losses for a few days if they are the same as last year

peaches and cream

Erm, if they are charging rent and matchday costs then it should be in suitable condition.
nobody is arguing that fact I was try to point out that they would probably have a difference of opinion on what is a suitable condition and it would just lead to another argument

shmmeee

That's the issue as if the pitch is not suitable for football now it never will be, at the moment it's irrelevant as football isn't being played on there and if and when it is I can't see it being any different, as for CCFC putting in penalty clauses for the pitch not being up to standard that's just not going to happen is it, can you imagine the conversation " that pitch isn't up to the standard we require therefore you owe us x amount of compensation" " well we think its of comparable standard to other pitches in this league so we don't owe you anything" it would just be something else to argue about.

The pitch hasn’t been up to scratch since Wasps came. They’re clearly either unable or unwilling to make it suitable for football. I seem to remember them wanting CCFC to pay for the pitch to be sorted. When my heating breaks my landlord pays for it. The pitch is kind of the key part of a football stadium in the same way.

Last edited:

SkyBlueCRJ

I'm not sure, the fact Wasps have just received 490k from the Saracens fine may mean they feel there is not rush to push it through.

With respect it doesn't take a mathematician to realise that £490K isn't going to make much of a dent in bridging your annual losses. It's also ridiculous to suggest such a minor one off payment will scupper any future deal between CCFC and Wasps, if there is one in the pipeline that is. Especially as we reportedly earn Wasps 4 times the amount each year of what was received from the Saracens fine in commercial revenue and rent when we were playing at the Ricoh.

Briles

Rugby teams could've played fine on the fields of trenches in world war one. The Ricoh is nowhere good enough to play football on at present.

mmttww

I've seen the pitch three times this season, the surface is in great nick. If the issue with it bedding down can be sorted and any damaged joins are flattened, given that rugby excerts forces on the turf that will never be repeated during a football game, the surface should be more than good enough for us. Understand folks don't want our form and league position jeopardised but if a return was on the cards, it's got to be worth the risk given the momentum it would generate with attendances etc.

GaryJones

Come on boys - play nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread