New Ricoh rumour (7 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
That's what happened, the time scale was dictated my events already booked in the arena. the pitch is actually holding up quite well section have lifted a couple of time when there has been a scrum on a join in the turf but generally it looks to taken very well, the big difference this year is less activity on it and the grass has been left slightly longer.

The pitch really isn't holding up quite well. Stop talking bullshit.

peaches and cream

I'm not sure, the fact Wasps have just received 490k from the Saracens fine may mean they feel there is not rush to push it through.

SkyBlueDom26

I’m 50/50 on weather we return next season I think it’s possible we could do mate

Didn't the football league say we had to have something sorted for playing Coventry at the end of the season or SISU have to pay 1 million quid

mmttww

The pitch looks good, much better than last season. A scrum is two tonnes of force; apply that to a join in some turf that wasn't laid right, that'll happen. Sections lifting is a worry but unless the FA suddenly trial scrums instead of free kicks, it shouldn't happen during a football match.

peaches and cream

The pitch really isn't holding up quite well. Stop talking bullshit.
you really do have an issue's don't you
The pitch looks good, much better than last season. A scrum is two tonnes of force; apply that to a join in some turf that wasn't laid right, that'll happen. Sections lifting is a worry but unless the FA suddenly trial scrums instead of free kicks, it shouldn't happen during a football match.
Exactly somebody using a bit of common sense rather than just spouting bollocks to try and get a reaction. 10 1/2 hours of rugby and a small section of grass in different places has lifted a couple of times so yes its holding up quite well

The coventrian

he doesn't, never comments on football matters. But always all over the 'political football' threads.
Him and a few others. Or are you suggesting there usernames appear in users who have viewed this thread list for all the Ricoh and wasps threads but they log out for the match and player ratings?
That seems implausible to me.
Who made you judge and jury?
Just because I don't live on here like you and a few others. Why would I comment on match threads when I've not been? If I did I'd have you and a few others jumping in with the old you werent there line.
I'm sitting this season out. Not that it's any of your business.

Nick

Administrator
you really do have an issue's don't you

Exactly somebody using a bit of common sense rather than just spouting bollocks to try and get a reaction. 10 1/2 hours of rugby and a small section of grass in different places has lifted a couple of times so yes its holding up quite well

You mean another Wasps fan coming on here....

It obviously isn't holding up quite well if sections are lifting up.

vow

Went to some conference type doo at the RICOH yesterday and had a look at the pitch, it isn't holding up well and definately isn't good enough for our style of play or League One football.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Just because I don't live on here like you and a few others. Why would I comment on match threads when I've not been? If I did I'd have you and a few others jumping in with the old you werent there line.
You say you don't live on here, but you've posted 483 times in 2 months... that's pretty good going for someone who keeps pushing the rhetoric of only sad people post on here regularly.

peaches and cream

i'd agree with you if it was lifting at every time there was a scrum but it isn't probably been somewhere between 80-100 scrums and small sections have lifted 2 or 3 times hardly indicates that the pitch is coming apart does it.

vow

i'd agree with you if it was lifting at every time there was a scrum but it isn't probably been somewhere between 80-100 scrums and small sections have lifted 2 or 3 times hardly indicates that the pitch is coming apart does it.
It IS coming apart, shocking surface for football, hope we stay in Brum this season.

clint van damme

like fucking clock work!!

mark82

Probably holding up well for Rugby but when you start trying to have balls rolling across it, it shows up every divot. It was horrendous last year.

Bristol City don't seem to have the same issue with the pitch, so I'm not sure what they do differently. Not sure whether a more expensive hybrid pitch or it just has better care. If we were to come back I hope it'd be on the proviso that a surface fit for football is provided in our stadium. The club need to build in some sort of financial penalties if the pitch isn't up to scratch like last year.

Nick

Administrator

Yes, because the pitch is physically coming apart...

jordan210

Didn’t do us any harm at Tranmere

The difference with Tranmeres pitch is it was grassless soggy mess. The actual pitch was bedded in just the grass layer was missing/damaged. At the Ricoh the pitch isn't bedded to the sand layer underneath.(possibly due to late laying. As the roots have not grown to this layer) Hence why sections of the pitch can physically be moved as a sheet of grass.

Ultimately its the same as if you turf your garden. The longer you leave it the better it will be. As gives times for the roots to intertwine with each roll of turf and to take hold to the soil below.

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

cc84cov

The difference with Tranmeres pitch is it was grassless soggy mess. The actual pitch was bedded in just the grass layer was missing/damaged. At the Ricoh the pitch isn't bedded to the sand layer underneath.(possibly due to late laying. As the roots have not grown to this layer) Hence why sections of the pitch can physically be moved as a sheet of grass.

Ultimately its the same as if you turf your garden. The longer you leave it the better it will be. As gives times for the roots to intertwine with each roll of turf and to take hold to the soil below.
Basically they have ruined it we went back there in jan chances are we will fall away from promotion

cc84cov

That was one game and Robins has already said they players struggled at rovers after being on that pitch for one game. If we had to deal with a terrible pitch for every home game then the team would be doing nowhere near as well as it is.
100% we wouldn’t finish close to top 6 if we went back to the Ricoh this season.

peaches and cream

Basically they have ruined it we went back there in jan chances are we will fall away from promotion
That's the issue as if the pitch is not suitable for football now it never will be, at the moment it's irrelevant as football isn't being played on there and if and when it is I can't see it being any different, as for CCFC putting in penalty clauses for the pitch not being up to standard that's just not going to happen is it, can you imagine the conversation " that pitch isn't up to the standard we require therefore you owe us x amount of compensation" " well we think its of comparable standard to other pitches in this league so we don't owe you anything" it would just be something else to argue about.

Nick

Administrator
That's the issue as if the pitch is not suitable for football now it never will be, at the moment it's irrelevant as football isn't being played on there and if and when it is I can't see it being any different, as for CCFC putting in penalty clauses for the pitch not being up to standard that's just not going to happen is it, can you imagine the conversation " that pitch isn't up to the standard we require therefore you owe us x amount of compensation" " well we think its of comparable standard to other pitches in this league so we don't owe you anything" it would just be something else to argue about.

Erm, if they are charging rent and matchday costs then it should be in suitable condition.

Users who are viewing this thread