New manager syndrome (1 Viewer)

Otis

Let's hope.

To be quite honest, I was going to predict a defeat tomorrow as Scunthorpe are fighting for their lives, but the new manager syndrome might just pay off for us.

Looking at their current home form and they have won 4 out of the last 5 home games. :facepalm:

We need the new manager syndrome to kick in for sure.

Colonel Mustard

Makes no difference at this point - we'll be in L1 next season. But it's good that Pressley has a couple of months to familiarise himself with the club, allowing him to make well-informed decisions in the summer.

covcity4life

Makes no difference at this point - we'll be in L1 next season. But it's good that Pressley has a couple of months to familiarise himself with the club, allowing him to make well-informed decisions in the summer.

of coursde it makes a difference

we have 10 games left-if we win all 10 we are in playoffs

if we win 9 we are in playoffs

if we win 7 or 8 we could be in playoffs

plenty to play for yet

Colonel Mustard

Even if we won all 10 it would be touch-and-go whether we made the playoffs. Let it go - not happening. The writing was on the wall weeks ago.

skybluelee

Scunthorpe, Colchester, Hartlepool and Portsmouth. Have to believe that we can get 10 points from these. Then its game on.

covcity4life

of cours eit is lee

miserable sods like colonel just dont wanna see it

is it likely? NO

but is it still possible? YES

Mucca Mad Boys

Let's hope.

To be quite honest, I was going to predict a defeat tomorrow as Sc-unithorpe are fighting for their lives, but the new manager syndrome might just pay off for us.

Looking at their current home form and they have won 4 out of the last 5 home games. :facepalm:

We need the new manager syndrome to kick in for sure.

We've won 3 on the bounce away and in the last 6 games (home for Scunny, away for us) have been even: 4 - 1 - 1 we've got to be considered favourites.

Otis

I do believe we are looking at the odds, but it was close.

Quite often these are the sorts of teams you don't want to be playing at this stage of the season. A lot of the teams down there are now starting to win games and have an improvement in form.

On current form, Hartlepool are 4th, Colchester 7th and Scunthorpe 11th.

Colonel Mustard

miserable sods like colonel just dont wanna see it ... is it likely? NO ... but is it still possible? YES

Not sure why you feel the need to make it personal. The data is quite clear, just as it was about our impending relegation last season when many were saying "we can do it!"

Mucca Mad Boys

I do believe we are looking at the odds, but it was close.

Quite often these are the sorts of teams you don't want to be playing at this stage of the season. A lot of the teams down there are now starting to win games and have an improvement in form.

On current form, Hartlepool are 4th, Colchester 7th and Sc-unithorpe 11th.

True, but after all, there's a reason they are down where they are, I think we should be aiming for 4 wins in our next 4, but of course it won't happen (we'll draw a game ;) ).

Hartlepool were top of he form table before Donny had their way with them.

Time to move up a gear or two!

Otis

Not sure why you feel the need to make it personal. The data is quite clear, just as it was about our impending relegation last season when many were saying "we can do it!"

The sensible amongst us felt at Christmas that we were doomed for the drop.

ccfcdale

Should be colonel cock, not colonel mustard, it isnt over until its mathmatically impossible. Thats a fact

Otis

Should be colonel cock, not colonel mustard, it isnt over until its mathmatically impossible. Thats a fact

Well that is indeed true.

Do get a feeling though we could well be seeing threads on here in the weeks to come such as ...

'If we win all our 6 remaining games and Tranmere lose all 6 of theirs, we could still just get into the play-offs on goal difference!'

;)

CovMatt1987

while I do think we will miss the play offs this season now - I cant agree with the comment 'the writing was on the wall weeks ago'.

no it wasnt. weve missed a great opportunity in a couple of home games over the last three weeks to really put ourselves in the play offs already. I dont want to dismiss that as 'writing on the wall' I would call that ' not performing at home'.

Colonel Mustard

while I do think we will miss the play offs this season now - I cant agree with the comment 'the writing was on the wall weeks ago'.

no it wasnt. weve missed a great opportunity in a couple of home games over the last three weeks to really put ourselves in the play offs already. I dont want to dismiss that as 'writing on the wall' I would call that ' not performing at home'.

Posts I wrote four weeks ago and three weeks ago explaining why the writing was on the wall.

It is a mistake to isolate any single game and say we missed an opportunity. Much firmer stats can be pulled from across the season looking at how we perform, how others perform, how history has panned out, and what our chances are after all that is crunched together. It was those first eight games under Thorn & Shaw that knackered our season, not losing to Swindon.

dongonzalos

Posts I wrote four weeks ago and three weeks ago explaining why the writing was on the wall.

It is a mistake to isolate any single game and say we missed an opportunity. Much firmer stats can be pulled from across the season looking at how we perform, how others perform, how history has panned out, and what our chances are after all that is crunched together. It was those first eight games under Thorn & Shaw that knackered our season, not losing to Swindon.

I would say all 5 under Shaw and one under Thorn

A draw away to Yeovil first game if the season
And a draw at home to Sheff Utd are reasonable results.

A draw to Bury at home is poor.

Grendel

Your continual defence of Thorn has to be done for only 1 of 2 reasons;

- It is a curious wind up game
- You are clueless regarding football managers

Thorn is almost certainly one of the worst managers in football history. He will never be employed again so why do you bother?

rswxite

That bury game still haunts me! Should have been 4 or 5 up at half time! Those 2 points dropped would come in very handy now! And that's without even thinking about the other 29 odd points we've dropped after taking the lead! Ggrrr!

cov1987

Even if we won all 10 it would be touch-and-go whether we made the playoffs. Let it go - not happening. The writing was on the wall weeks ago.
Dont agree if we win all ten we will get
automatic as all the teams have to play each other and the teams above us ar all inconsistant.

Colonel Mustard

Dont agree if we win all ten we will get
automatic as all the teams have to play each other and the teams above us ar all inconsistant.

I'd make a case against it, but it is all a moot point. All the hypothetical toing and froing over the most unlikely of hypothetical scenarios is bonkers. CCFC won't win 10 games in a row.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd make a case against it, but it is all a moot point. All the hypothetical toing and froing over the most unlikely of hypothetical scenarios is bonkers. CCFC won't win 10 games in a row.

I'd wager that we win every remaining away game and not win again at home.

skybluelee

They don't need to and that is the point. 6 could well be enough for 6th.

The next 3 games are huge. Win them all and the play offs will look probable more than possible.

Users who are viewing this thread