New Labour Leader (4 Viewers)

Astute

The main reason the 'red wall' broke was Brexit. Opinion of Corbyn and a more extreme manifesto just turned a Tory majority into a landslide.

So you now say you agree with nearly everything I say yet have a go at most posts I make........

Brexit was also what I said would be the main vote winner/loser although I was told I was wrong.

It wasn't just Brexit. It was a mixture of what you now admit. A manifesto that didn't hit the spot amongst them. Brexit.....not wanting to say which way he would be on the side of didn't help.

rob9872

Wait this is fun

Fatso is Boris
G is Mogg
Bazza is David Davis
Westcountry is the other dude with the silly blond hair

On the red side

Ian is Starmer
Dreamer is Richard Burgon

Not sure who Astute is
BSB is Caroline Lucas

SkyBlueDom26

BSB is Caroline Lucas
giphy.gif

clint van damme

He was cautioned and held in the nick - Something that Mr Johnson has never had - I wonder why

He was caught bang to rights in a conspiracy against the journalist his mate wanted beaten up.
You wonder why? Because of who he is and what school he went to. If that was me I'd be charged, guaranteed.

Astute

I think they would argue that it's 'fairness' as opposed to 'jealousy'

2 kids born in same city on same day. One to rich parents, the other to poor parents. Private education gives one kid an (unfair?) advantage over the other.

I'm not arguing for or against this btw - it's just that you seem to have missed the argument.
I haven't missed the argument. Not after an argument. Just stating the point that those who lead the Labour party don't want others to have the start in life they had.

Astute

Wait this is fun

Fatso is Boris
G is Mogg
Bazza is David Davis

On the red side

Ian is Starmer

Not sure who Astute is
I am Bliar. Middle of the road. Some Tory good ideas. Some Labour good ideas. Not hard left nor hard right.

But I wouldn't take us to war on a lie and I wouldn't mess up everyone's futures by heavily taxing pensions so everyone will be poorer in retirement.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am Bliar. Middle of the road. Some Tory good ideas. Some Labour good ideas. Not hard left nor hard right.

But I wouldn't take us to war on a lie and I wouldn't mess up everyone's futures by heavily taxing pensions so everyone will be poorer in retirement.

I had you down as a confused Chuka Umunna type but fair enough

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wait this is fun

Fatso is Boris
G is Mogg
Bazza is David Davis

On the red side

Ian is Starmer

Not sure who Astute is

'Red side' wouldn't have me. They'd see me as a traitor for not voting for Corbyn in either of his two elections.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So why do you defend him all the time?

Apart from the fact I've mentioned he has faults numerous times....

I do it for the same reason you react to what you perceive as those on the left being blinkered towards Corbyn's/Labour's failings, I get annoyed when people from the right ignore the failings of Johnson and the Tories. People talk about trust but ignore the many instances Alexander has shown himself to be untrustworthy. They talk about anti-semitism while ignoring the issues around race in the Tories.

I'm not and never have been a big fan of Corbyn. I just take issue that others talk about his failings in comparison to Johnson's, when his failings are far, far worse. I've given Alexander due credit for things like his ability to appeal to people and being a good salesman. But in terms of competency and decency he's just nowhere near acceptable.

fatso

What are you even on about?

Do you need someone to call your carer?

We haven’t negotiated a trade deal yet, discussing what trade deal people want is very much current events.

Also I don’t remember running in a GE or having a leader but crack on.
What you banging on about a trade deal for?
That will all come in time, your mob would still have us dishing out a billion quid a month to the EU while they nicked our fish, and enjoyed a massive balance of trade surplus.

Astute

Apart from the fact I've mentioned he has faults numerous times....

I do it for the same reason you react to what you perceive as those on the left being blinkered towards Corbyn's/Labour's failings, I get annoyed when people from the right ignore the failings of Johnson and the Tories. People talk about trust but ignore the many instances Alexander has shown himself to be untrustworthy. They talk about anti-semitism while ignoring the issues around race in the Tories.

I'm not and never have been a big fan of Corbyn. I just take issue that others talk about his failings in comparison to Johnson's, when his failings are far, far worse. I've given Alexander due credit for things like his ability to appeal to people and being a good salesman. But in terms of competency and decency he's just nowhere near acceptable.
So why don't you have a go at me for constantly having a go at Boris? You defend Corbyn but attack Boris. You have a go at anyone who says anything about Corbyn but join in when anyone has a go at Boris.

So how does that work out with what you are saying now?

stupot07

Love people calling him Alexander., the same as Lady Nugee or Stephen Yaxall or whatever his name is - a little sneer, I imagine them virtually high fiving themselves as they type it. Definitely not cheap and childish at all.
That's his first name.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fatso

Wait this is fun

Fatso is Boris
G is Mogg
Bazza is David Davis

On the red side

Ian is Starmer

Not sure who Astute is
Fuck off, I'm not as fat as Boris, and I do own a comb!!!

SkyblueBazza

What news is there of Laura Kuenssberg's Exit Poll faux-pas? Nothing seems to have come of it...or have I missed something?

Oops...Wrong thread sorry folks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

Wait this is fun

Fatso is Boris
G is Mogg
Bazza is David Davis

On the red side

Ian is Starmer

Not sure who Astute is
I’m never Michael Fabricant,More like Jacob:woot:

chiefdave

But have we really resulted to insulting huge swaths of the populatin?
Agreed that calling large chunks of the population idiots isn't a road we should be going down.

However when you've got people who were lifelong Labour voters but voted Conservative in this election queueing up to be on TV declaring they voted that way because of what's happened to the NHS in the last 9 years, universal credit, increase in homelessness etc then you surely have to question how they have come to the conclusion that Labour are to blame for those things.

If you don't then the danger is Labour elect a new leader, therefore assuming the Corbyn issue is removed, and with Brexit also a non-issue by the next election do they just assume everything will work out? Nothing to suggest that in 5 years if things have gone to shit those voters who have blamed Labour for the mess of the last 9 years will suddenly 'see the light'.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So why don't you have a go at me for constantly having a go at Boris? You defend Corbyn but attack Boris. You have a go at anyone who says anything about Corbyn but join in when anyone has a go at Boris.

So how does that work out with what you are saying now?

I could ask why you are constantly having a go at the likes of schmeee, BSB, Tony etc on here having a go at Johnson but leave the likes of Dom, Grendel etc relatively unscathed in comparison? Your criticism of Corbyn and the Labour party on here made me surprised to find out you were traditionally a Labour supporter and not only that that you'd vote Labour or no-one.

Maybe it's that starting point that you've ended up being incredibly disappointed with the direction Labour has taken and so notice their errors etc more. I'm coming from the other direction - I was far more likely to vote Tory in my younger days and saw it as the party of opportunity if you work hard. Maybe that was my own naivety but policies which prop up the rich and powerful is not providing opportunity and maybe I notice that more.

Last edited:

fatso

Agreed that calling large chunks of the population idiots isn't a road we should be going down.

However when you've got people who were lifelong Labour voters but voted Conservative in this election queueing up to be on TV declaring they voted that way because of what's happened to the NHS in the last 9 years, universal credit, increase in homelessness etc then you surely have to question how they have come to the conclusion that Labour are to blame for those things.

If you don't then the danger is Labour elect a new leader, therefore assuming the Corbyn issue is removed, and with Brexit also a non-issue by the next election do they just assume everything will work out? Nothing to suggest that in 5 years if things have gone to shit those voters who have blamed Labour for the mess of the last 9 years will suddenly 'see the light'.
I hear what you say, but I’m concerned that momentum’s supporters along with the trade union mafia will come together to elect another hard left leader who is willing to dance to their tune, deals get done behind closed doors to guarantee support, and another Corbyn stooge could sell total disaster n 5 years time.

Users who are viewing this thread