New kit?? (2 Viewers)

theferret

Loving this from Port Vale. The best kit I've seen in a while. Love the retro feel

home220-3102535_478x359.jpg

Sky Blue Kid

Well we aren't playing in Red are we? The shirt is half white and sky blue. Emphasising the sky blue element! You don't like, you don't like, that's cool, wear a Sky Blue shirt you like from days gone by to matches. Again all that matters is us winning matches, and getting out of this god forsake division. PUSB
But it isn't though. It's 80% White 20% Sky Blue Isn't the back panel completely White? Yeuck!!! Who the hell do they think we are Leeds, PNE, Fulham etc(From the back view obviously) ;)

robbiekeane

Hate it more than I have ever hated any City shirt in my lifetime. Toooooooo much white and looks like last year's shirt gone wrong.. And yet I've just keyed in my card details online and parted with £52 for one. #mug!
quality mate, cracked me up

Skyblueweeman

The constant switching from solid colour to stripes and back again is a bit odd, no other team does that. But then, looking at the graphic above it is something we have done throughout our history and so is probably unique to us and perhaps we should embrace it. Not keen on the new shirt, but not that arsed. People will buy it and in a year we'll have a new one.

I get that but I actually like the fact that we're the only club that can switch from solid to stripes. Always something different and you never know what you're gonna get*

*F.Gump, Park Bench, circa...a few years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Its a nice looking shirt. Not really a Cov City looking shirt mind, but I think the players with the full kit on will still look sky blue with shorts and socks etc.

I like mixing it up a bit. As long as it doesnt become the norm. Embrace some change once in a while you old farts

Sky Blue Kid

I get that but I actually like the fact that we're the only club that can switch from solid to stripes. Always something different and you never know what you're gonna get*

*F.Gump, Park Bench, circa...a few years ago

*F Gump at the White House... "That bullet jumped up and bit me on the But-tocks"

ajsccfc

Wrong mate. That was over 6 games. All Sky Blue is, and always will be the "One solid colour" that won our Club promotions from 3rd to 1st Division(Premier League) Or maybe I'm not taking into consideration your age ;)
I get the sky blue revolution and all that, but if people had to identify a most famous moment or if you asked outsiders, it'd be the FA Cup.

stupot07

Just seen some kids wearing the new kit......it is a lot whiter than thr photos suggest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ccfcjml71

But it isn't though. It's 80% White 20% Sky Blue Isn't the back panel completely White? Yeuck!!! Who the hell do they think we are Leeds, PNE, Fulham etc(From the back view obviously) ;)
I said the KIT was 50% white and 50% sky blue, emphasise the word KIT. Not talking about the shirts.... Anyway it's different, for good or bad.

Sky Blue Kid

Well we aren't playing in Red are we? The shirt is half white and sky blue. Emphasising the sky blue element! You don't like, you don't like, that's cool, wear a Sky Blue shirt you like from days gone by to matches. Again all that matters is us winning matches, and getting out of this god forsake division. PUSB
Not nit picking here but at the time you said that, and it's not. It's 80% White, 20% Sky Blue ;)

Sky Blue Kid

Genuine question... What is the first thing when Playing/watching a match that you look for?..... Isn't it the shirt? Some of us "Old Farts" get confused you know. ;)

ajsccfc

But we're not outsiders are we? ;)

Of course, but as insiders we're all used to seeing various combinations of styles and colours without any real uniform consistency by now.
This new kit's more jarring than most with the entire back being white of course, it's only a few stripes away from that recent away shirt

Coventry-city-front.jpg

White Puma, we hardly knew ye

I think it would be a generational/age thing as you mentioned though. If I had to think of famous Coventry images it'd basically be 1987 and the brown kit.

Sky Blue Kid

Of course, but as insiders we're all used to seeing various combinations of styles and colours without any real uniform consistency by now.
This new kit's more jarring than most with the entire back being white of course, it's only a few stripes away from that recent away shirt

Coventry-city-front.jpg

I think it would be a generational/age thing as you mentioned though. If I had to think of famous Coventry images it'd basically be 1987 and the brown kit.
Liked your reply but hate the chocolate strip Yeeeuuucckkkkkkkkk ;)

Gaz71

Coventry-city-front.jpg

We have had a few white away kits over the years, yellow seems to be the most popular, anyone know what
0f8d7a9cff327919b403d75b96c22f9e.jpg
colour the new away kit is?

theferret

Somebody mentioned green and black, but not sure if there is any basis to that or if it is assumption because there is a Nike template that sits right next to the home version on this graphic. I guess it'll be one of those, and green and black is the most obvious given that it is traditional.

image-jpeg.5239

lifeskyblue

If it was green and black or the red and black I would probably buy. I just find the predominantly white shirt too insipid.

peeler

I think the new 2016-17 kit is very cleverly though out:
The Sky Blue stripes represent the current fan base, some still staunchly Sky Blue near the bottom and as you go up each stripe the Sky Blue slowly fades away.
While the white parts of the shirt represent the fans that have been lost through the complete and utter total mismanagement of a once great football club.

Nick

Administrator
I think the new 2016-17 kit is very cleverly though out:
The Sky Blue stripes represent the current fan base, some still staunchly Sky Blue near the bottom and as you go up each stripe the Sky Blue slowly fades away.
While the white parts of the shirt represent the fans that have been lost through the complete and utter total mismanagement of a once great football club.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread